Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that some of you were having rough running issues after a cold start, well I had a ‘17 2.0l in yesterday for that same problem, and found there is a new ecm update that was just released last month. So anyone having issues should be able to have the update performed and hopefully it will cure the problem. The update addresses many different issues, I will be at work Saturday :( so I can check what exactly it covers if anyone has something specific.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,934 Posts
I read that some of you were having rough running issues after a cold start, well I had a ‘17 2.0l in yesterday for that same problem, and found there is a new ecm update that was just released last month. So anyone having issues should be able to have the update performed and hopefully it will cure the problem. The update addresses many different issues, I will be at work Saturday :( so I can check what exactly it covers if anyone has something specific.
Just the 2.0 or all giulias?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just the 2.0 or all giulias?
I’m sure it’s 2.0 only, I’ll check Sat.

Isn't this the T57 update or is this newer and if it's newer can you tell us what's it called?
This is not the T57, it’s a technical service bulletin, and was just released last month.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
This is getting ridiculous. TSB after TSB and little changed on the rough start.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
@jwq2

Where do you find all this? :)

TSB also says its only for NAFTA/LATAM countries.
Do you know if this is also applicable here in Europe (or NL)?

-krish
from here:
https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/

got a 3 day online subscription week or so ago to browse around, and download interesting stuff ;)

some (most?) of the stuff also applies to Europe....

·
Registered
91 Posts
from here:
https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/

got a 3 day online subscription week or so ago to browse around, and download interesting stuff ;)

some (most?) of the stuff also applies to Europe....
Ah thanks … if you or other folks at clubalfaromeo.nl get this update done, let us know what your experience before/after is.
Looks like it applies to all Giulias built before April 2018 (mine was built March 2018).

I do have some mild jerking when starting cold on a chilly morning and it disappears after 10-20 seconds or driving a few 100 meters.
To be fair, my BMW 4 series before the Giulia did this as well occasionally, thought it was 'normal' …

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
'Most' of that mild jerking, seems to me to be based around cold transmission fluid. But, each new update seems to smooth it out a bit. After driving a block or so, it smooths out. I just drive with egg shells under my feet until the car is warmer. AR could clam down the throttle input until a certain temprature is met. I drive in D Mode, but starting in N or A might have the same effect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts