Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news for Raleigh Durham area Alfa owners or prospective owners. There’s now an alternative to Hendrick.
https://www.alfaromeoraleigh.com
It’s a Leith dealership. I haven’t been there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Expect more Alfa news in the RTP area soon. I know this seems like a tease, but I can't say more.
If it’s that Johnson Maserati is taking over the Cary dealer, that’s already been mentioned on this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I bought my 2017 Ti from Hendrick in Cary in November. Buying experience was fine, but have had no other experience with them. Is it seen as a good thing that Johnson is taking over the dealership?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I bought my 2017 Ti from Hendrick in Cary in November. Buying experience was fine, but have had no other experience with them. Is it seen as a good thing that Johnson is taking over the dealership?
There are bound to be some transition problems, but I have dealt with two Johnson dealerships (Lexus in Durham and Alfa in Annapolis, MD) and both were superb for customer service. I also know that the Johnson Maserati dealership is very customer-oriented for service.

When I was shopping for my Giulia the Hendricks GM just walked away when I told him how much I needed to pay, but the Johnson AR dealer in Annapolis worked with me and got me a better car for $160/mo less than the lowest Hendricks offer. And then he delivered it for free.

Setting up a new sales and service operation for Alfa Romeo will be no small task for Maserati of Cary (it is a small dealership); but yes, I think it is a good thing.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live near Cary but did not buy from Hendricks. The sales people are fine, but when I wanted to order a 2018 car and talk price, I could not because the sales manager was away on vacation. The sales person left in charge was not authorized to negotiate. This seemed really unprofessional to me so I went elsewhere.

The service for Hendricks is at the Dodge service facility. My one time visiting there was OK, but I was not offered a loaner and when I asked they said that I needed pre-approval, whatever that means.

I'm hoping that Johnson will be up-to-par with other luxury brand service facilities, like the Leith Audi dealer in Cary. When I go there, I'm checked-in, handed the keys to a loaner and out the door within 5-10 minutes.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Thanks Verrelli. I hope this will be the case as well. I’ve also had great experiences with the Audi dealer in Cary. Had 2 Audis, but down to 1 now with the Alfa replacing an A4!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Thanks Verrelli. I hope this will be the case as well. I’ve also had great experiences with the Audi dealer in Cary. Had 2 Audis, but down to 1 now with the Alfa replacing an A4!
And don't you find the little details in your life are now somehow coming together a little better ?

:grin2:

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
So question for those of you in the Raleigh/Durham area - when you need service, would you go to Hendrick in Cary, or Leith in Raleigh (and why)?

·
Registered
691 Posts
So question for those of you in the Raleigh/Durham area - when you need service, would you go to Hendrick in Cary, or Leith in Raleigh (and why)?
As an update, I would be going to Johnson Maserati/Alfa Romeo in Cary. We've had good experiences with Johnson on my wife's Genesis. Johnson has now assumed the AR brand from Hendrick. Hendrick will remain the local Fiat dealer, for now.

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As an update, I would be going to Johnson Maserati/Alfa Romeo in Cary. We've had good experiences with Johnson on my wife's Genesis. Johnson has now assumed the AR brand from Hendrick. Hendrick will remain the local Fiat dealer, for now.

I’ll definitely give them a try if I ever need service ;)

I see that they are listed on the alfaromeousa.com site, but they don’t have a dealer website or dealer inventory listed yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sort of a Leith thread, so I'll comment here. Attended the Cars and Coffee today put on by Leith Autopark Porsche. It was mostly Porsche's early on, with a bmw, ferrari and a few others sprinkled in. I was the only Alfa. We left around 10 as it was getting hot, and more off brands were pulling in...a Honda, Mustang, Corvette, etc. It's a little higher end than the ricer/mustang/camero/challenger crowd that frequents the Morrisville and Wake Forest C&C. But hat's off to Leith. They really go all out. They had gourmet coffee's, O/J, muffins, donuts, bagels, et al. A real nice spread. I will attend future events.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts