Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning all,

I drove the beauty home yesterday. Stopped to take a few photos to share. It's probably preaching to the choir, but I just want to say that first of all, the Rosso Competizione color is absolutely amazing to look at, so deep and it sparkles under the sunlight. The ride and handling is great, very supple and confident inspiring. The design inside and outside is beautiful. There are 2 things that I noticed that could be better though: when I opened the trunk after the drive home, it felt like there was a lot of heat coming out, it felt much warmer than any other car's trunk. Better not keep anything there that you want to stay cool. Also, the edge on the center console (see arrow) feels very sharp, I grabbed it accidentally and felt that had I done it any harder, it could have caused a cut.

Last but not least, Rodrigo at Glendale, CA was first class!! From the initial phone contact to delivery, everything was handled very professionally. He went over the car with me in details, made sure I understood everything. Pleasure to talk to while I was there. Highly recommended. Thank you Rodrigo!!!:smile2:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Congratulations on getting your Giulia, thanks for sharing the photos.
As far as heat in the trunk, there is an area closer to the back of the car than the underfloor storeage that seems to get particularly warm/hot. My impression is that part of the exhaust is tucked up in there under the car. But there also seems to be enough airflow from the cabin out the back of the car through the trunk to keep the temp in the trunk under control.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Love the yellow claipers! :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congratulations on getting your Giulia, thanks for sharing the photos.
As far as heat in the trunk, there is an area closer to the back of the car than the underfloor storeage that seems to get particularly warm/hot. My impression is that part of the exhaust is tucked up in there under the car. But there also seems to be enough airflow from the cabin out the back of the car through the trunk to keep the temp in the trunk under control.
Sounds like just the right place to store the pizza on the way home. Between that and the refrigerated glove box, its the ultimate vehicle for bringing the doggy bag from fine restaurants home in . :wink2:

Reactions: Annona

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Hey Annona, is that an artichoke on your avatar? Also, did you order that car or buy it off the lot? Curious because 3 ships have come in since August 8 and my car was supposed to be on the second one. NYC. No window sticker yet.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Annona, is that an artichoke on your avatar? Also, did you order that car or buy it off the lot? Curious because 3 ships have come in since August 8 and my car was supposed to be on the second one. NYC. No window sticker yet.
The avatar is a picture of a very sweet fruit that I like. Scientific name is Annona squamosa. The car was not pre-ordered. Glendale Alfa Romeo didn't have it, but they dealer-traded for it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to the family! It's a beautiful color.

I wish I had picked it for my QV. Maybe I'll get it wrapped that color one day.

Steve
Thanks, and I wish I was able to swing for the QV, LOL. I'm loving it. :grin2: You can wrap yours to be RC, but I can't install that Ferrari engine in mine.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
The avatar is a picture of a very sweet fruit that I like. Scientific name is Annona squamosa. The car was not pre-ordered. Glendale Alfa Romeo didn't have it, but they dealer-traded for it.
Nice! I should have looked the the stem. The Artichoke is a flower and should have been upside down with broader stem and calix. ;)

Artichoke hearts, Provencal. Add shredded Mozzarella cheese and bake. Delizioso!

Attachments

Reactions: Annona
1 - 20 of 23 Posts