Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I recently just got a Giulia Ti and I was recommended here to join my Fellow Alfa Romeo and Giulia owners. First Italian car for me and my family so lets see where this adventures take me. Feel free to ask me questions or get to know me as I am not really on the forums too often, but I would like to get some useful information on here. I'm located in Socal and hope to find some fellow Alfa owners to meet up with.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I think you will find that this is a great place to get information and share stories. We would love to see a picture of your car. You may think it's much like others from the dealer, but at this point, these cars are so new, most of us really don't see them that often. So far I have only seen three in Tulsa, and one was from Oklahoma City.

Greg

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Good luck on the car. Lots of great information here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welcome

Welcome to the forum. I think you will find that this is a great place to get information and share stories. We would love to see a picture of your car. You may think it's much like others from the dealer, but at this point, these cars are so new, most of us really don't see them that often. So far I have only seen three in Tulsa, and one was from Oklahoma City.

Greg
I can see and I m working on my account slowly. My avatar pic is my Giulia in Alfa white and I know there is some aftermarket support for these cars but nothing much really domestically made of course yet, but looking forward to see the potential and hoping to even maybe do some small mods to the car, but really enjoying it as is so far. Drom the dealers standpoint, Many Giulias are built and ordered differently so its quite unique to see what factory options came in each persons car and what combination.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Welcome 'Ti! There are many option and trim combinations but maybe not quite enough on the Quad. I'll know for sure once it arrives. I'm afraid it will be another month. But I did the best I could. I will get what I want and not settle because I'm paying 80 grand!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome 'Ti! There are many option and trim combinations but maybe not quite enough on the Quad. I'll know for sure once it arrives. I'm afraid it will be another month. But I did the best I could. I will get what I want and not settle because I'm paying 80 grand!
Hi John and I wouldn't settle either until I found the one I want if its a Quadrifoglio. I was looking at one as well, but of course If I got one I would be barely scraping by life (wouldnt put myself there). The Ti will do for now as it was the closest in options but not the color some of the combos I ideally wanted in which I'll live with it. As I can see you have a Ferrari 360 CS? one of my all time favorite cars and wish I could get behind the wheel of one of those as its one of my dream cars. One day..

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hi John and I wouldn't settle either until I found the one I want if its a Quadrifoglio. I was looking at one as well, but of course If I got one I would be barely scraping by life (wouldnt put myself there). The Ti will do for now as it was the closest in options but not the color some of the combos I ideally wanted in which I'll live with it. As I can see you have a Ferrari 360 CS? one of my all time favorite cars and wish I could get behind the wheel of one of those as its one of my dream cars. One day..
Hehe, just the transmission computer. But it makes a world of difference on the standard 360s! I have late model spider so most of the bugs have been worked out. Throttle blips and shifting are fantastic with the CS TCU. It's part of why I didn't worry at all about the wonderful ZF in the Giulia. And it's full torque converter auto but works as well if not better than robotic manual F1! :D The Challenge Stradale is an incredible car and almost 2x what my spider is worth! :eek: The 5 valve V8s have an amazing sound and with the exhaust solenoids disconnected, you get the bypass valves open all the time and oh boy is it fun. Lots of Tifosi think it sounds better than the 430 which came after. I decided to go for the Quad after 17 years on my little roadster. This is a big investment and will take me to retirement if I'm lucky. Only change might be a coupe version if it blows me away. Still the rear doors on the saloon might be nice to keep for practical use and comfort. Miata has a new winter setup and brand new front frame rails so it will get me through a bunch more years until I have to think about winters in the Giulia if at all.

The Ti turbo I4 is something else. 280 horsepower on an engine barely bigger than my Miata WITH supercharger. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hehe, just the transmission computer. But it makes a world of difference on the standard 360s! I have late model spider so most of the bugs have been worked out. Throttle blips and shifting are fantastic with the CS TCU. It's part of why I didn't worry at all about the wonderful ZF in the Giulia. And it's full torque converter auto but works as well if not better than robotic manual F1! :D The Challenge Stradale is an incredible car and almost 2x what my spider is worth! :eek: The 5 valve V8s have an amazing sound and with the exhaust solenoids disconnected, you get the bypass valves open all the time and oh boy is it fun. Lots of Tifosi think it sounds better than the 430 which came after. I decided to go for the Quad after 17 years on my little roadster. This is a big investment and will take me to retirement if I'm lucky. Only change might be a coupe version if it blows me away. Still the rear doors on the saloon might be nice to keep for practical use and comfort. Miata has a new winter setup and brand new front frame rails so it will get me through a bunch more years until I have to think about winters in the Giulia if at all.

The Ti turbo I4 is something else. 280 horsepower on an engine barely bigger than my Miata WITH supercharger. :D
Ah ok. I couldnt settle for less than a CS if I were to go 360, but I'm sure those things add up and help alot at that kind of pinnacle performance and the sound you get in the CS is so much more distinct. The 430 has a great soundtrack too, but its a totally different tone in which sounds more regulated same for the 458 and 488. Could have wished I had the comfortable funds for the quad, but maybe after this Ill go up to the Quad, but I have a 2015 RCF to keep me busy too so I'm not feeling shorted out. Well all of the Giulias 2.0 I4 turbo alone what you get is alot of car for the money especially if you want to plug in the cars in a similar price range like a Ford Focus RS, The Civic Type R, Subaru Sti, and the usual german/ japanese luxury competitors. Sure its apples to oranges, but the trade off as a "Sport GT concept" as a daily/ fun blend I think Alfa Romeo really did their homework well.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)
Congrats :grin2:

Life with an Italian car is definitely an adventure! One that we seem to enjoy.

One of those Ti's you've seen in the WLA area could be our Blue Giulia. If you see some crazy person driving a Red 4C, that's probably me as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts