Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only seen four other Giulias in the wild around here, but now there is anther one. She is a RWD Ti with the sport package and the performance package. I'm still trying to figure out what I will do about the front license plate. Don't want to ruin that beautiful face. :crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome John, I am also in Los Angeles. Beautiful looking Ti. Love the blue. Here in the west side the police go out of their way to look for front plates. I usually make the first year just leaving plates off completely. I was thinking of trimming an inch or so around the perimeter and mount the plate on the lower driver side grill below bumper. I would also cut some holes to let air thru. I have seen s few cars with this setup here and other online sites. I personally don't like the tow hook location. Best of luck. I have only seen one other Giulia in the wild in WLA. I would love to see a GTG around here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome John, I am also in Los Angeles. Beautiful looking Ti. Love the blue. Here in the west side the police go out of their way to look for front plates. I usually make the first year just leaving plates off completely. I was thinking of trimming an inch or so around the perimeter and mount the plate on the lower driver side grill below bumper. I would also cut some holes to let air thru. I have seen s few cars with this setup here and other online sites. I personally don't like the tow hook location. Best of luck. I have only seen one other Giulia in the wild in WLA. I would love to see a GTG around here.
Hey, I'm in WLA and hardly ever see Guilias. Here's how I mounted my front plate. Trimmed it to clear sensors and the all important air duct that blows air on the tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, I'm in WLA and hardly ever see Guilias. Here's how I mounted my front plate. Trimmed it to clear sensors and the all important air duct that blows air on the tire.

Can you post a close up? How did you mount it? Tap screws into the plastic panel?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)
Congrats :grin2:

We have a Montecarlo Blue Ti with dark 5-hole wheels also. The best combo IMO.

I mounted a tow-hook plate. But took it off after it started falsing the front parking sensors. That was about six months ago. When I find the time, I will try to adjust out the falsing sensors. So far, I have not had any issues with the law. I live in WLA and we've driven to the east coast and back.

There is a thread on this subject you may find useful:
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/385-exterior/2874-front-license-plate-u-s-cars.html

·
Registered
256 Posts
That is what I am thinking is the best way to go. So you cut down the plate? How did you do that? How did you mount it? Directly to the plastic grill? Thx for the help?

·
Registered
56 Posts
@Joearch & alfa168

I trimmed the plate about 3/4" all around. The first time 1 did about 1/2" and it set off the sensor located in the drivers side lower grill. I just used 1-1/2 self tapping screws right into the plastic grill. I bent the plate a little to get it to conform to the slight curve and prevent vibrations. When you are getting ready to drill the holes, you'll see that there's not a lot of choices where to drill based on the spacing of the holes in the plate.

·
Registered
256 Posts
@Joearch & alfa168

I trimmed the plate about 3/4" all around. The first time 1 did about 1/2" and it set off the sensor located in the drivers side lower grill. I just used 1-1/2 self tapping screws right into the plastic grill. I bent the plate a little to get it to conform to the slight curve and prevent vibrations. When you are getting ready to drill the holes, you'll see that there's not a lot of choices where to drill based on the spacing of the holes in the plate.
Great info. I am going to give this a try following your recipe. Thx for the input

1 - 11 of 11 Posts