Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Congratulations!

I always thought of wanting to sell Alfa's one day!

·
Registered
647 Posts
I actually sell Alfa Romeo’s at Ganley Bedford Imports, I believe in the products so much that I actually just purchased an Alfa Romeo!
Oh, very rare, a car salesperson who really believes what he is telling you! :D

Reactions: RyanC883

·
Registered
303 Posts
Dont the bad mouth on car salesman. I think the stereotype is way overdone. I bet often car buyers are more annoying than the salesmen or saleswomen.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Nothing more annoying to me than a car salesperson who doesn't know about the cars they are selling. I spent quite a few hours online reading about the Giulia before I ever stepped into the dealers showroom. I read Alfa's info, the entire Giulia owner's manual, watched many (over 10) online pro reviews of the Giulia/GiuliaTi/QV and Alfa's YouTube tutorial videos. When I walked in I already knew from their online in-stock info they had the exact model with exact packages and color I wanted (I lucked out there). I played dumb to see how much they knew before I started drooling when I said, Oh, what about the Red one over there with the yellow calipers. ;) They were all three very nice and friendly but lacking in specific knowledge. With only Fiat's and Giulia's to sell one thinks they might have studied up on the features of the Giulia. For example, even three months after my purchase during a friendly stop in to say hello none of them knew about the rear fog lights, a great feature IMO. None of them knew what oil was specified and a number of other important items to me. I have been in retail, wholesale and factory sales for years and a lack of product knowledge is a common defect in unfortunately most salepeople.

I'll bet that Alfa_TI_Man is a very refreshingly knowledgeable salesperson. :)

Reactions: RyanC883

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nothing more annoying to me than a car salesperson who doesn't know about the cars they are selling. I spent quite a few hours online reading about the Giulia before I ever stepped into the dealers showroom. I read Alfa's info, the entire Giulia owner's manual, watched many (over 10) online pro reviews of the Giulia/GiuliaTi/QV and Alfa's YouTube tutorial videos. When I walked in I already knew from their online in-stock info they had the exact model with exact packages and color I wanted (I lucked out there). I played dumb to see how much they knew before I started drooling when I said, Oh, what about the Red one over there with the yellow calipers. ;) They were all three very nice and friendly but lacking in specific knowledge. With only Fiat's and Giulia's to sell one thinks they might have studied up on the features of the Giulia. For example, even three months after my purchase during a friendly stop in to say hello none of them knew about the rear fog lights, a great feature IMO. None of them knew what oil was specified and a number of other important items to me. I have been in retail, wholesale and factory sales for years and a lack of product knowledge is a common defect in unfortunately most salepeople.

I'll bet that Alfa_TI_Man is a very refreshingly knowledgeable salesperson. :)
Here is Alfa_TI_Man delivering a car after the sale to a very "annoying" customer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
welcome @Alfa_TI_Man! Congrats on the car hope you're enjoying her and she gets special treatment at the dealer.

Have to do the annoying moderator thing and ask you remove all links / email details / phone / URL from your avatar as you need to become a vendor to advertise and then you're free to post all of that info / ads etc. PM me if you need details of that or the contact details are in the forum rules

·
Registered
402 Posts
Here is Alfa_TI_Man delivering a car after the sale to a very "annoying" customer.
blue and tan. very nice!

My Alfa dealer did not even know that there was an option for adaptive headlights. Really ridiculous. Clueless and really didn't care. My bet is Alfa_Ti_Man is one of the exceptions to the rule!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
blue and tan. very nice!

My Alfa dealer did not even know that there was an option for adaptive headlights. Really ridiculous. Clueless and really didn't care. My bet is Alfa_Ti_Man is one of the exceptions to the rule!
We all know that good dealers are the key to Alfa's success. And I think we want Alfa to succeed, while at the same time we know it is not easy for the dealers. Good ones should be recognized. From stories here I have heard of several. My experience with Ganley in Bedford Ohio was top notch. Doug Friedman helped me in so many ways. First, he saw me wandering in the lot and discerned I didn't know much about Alfa's. He said "just go for a drive". He had the good sense to drive it himself, in a nearby metropark, with lots of twisty roads (and a few law enforcement types). He drove it pretty hard. But is showed me what a great ride the Alfa had. I took a turn and felt how light and precise it was. I was sold. Once that was done, I was determined to get the exact car I wanted without a special order - takes too long. Doug helped me do a national locate and worked it all out with the far end dealer. I had my car in a couple of weeks.

I know we have to be careful about promoting dealers, and I definitely respect the rules. At the same time we need to make others who are looking aware of dealers that do great work and have the wherewithal to do whatever it takes.

So, that was my experience. And, I love the Blue and Tan. Now, if I could just find some nice all weather AWD floor mats.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Bought my QV from Ganley last May from Paul Mezzacappo. Ganley wanted to sell the car...unlike another dealer in Cleveland who is now discounting the cars heavily. Ganley did a great job ordering the car, updating the progress, and delivering the car. Best luck Doug hope you get some Giulias on the street.

·
Registered
303 Posts
CBARTELL - we are in the same town. I like being unique, but I don't want to be as unique as a dodo bird. I too would love to see many more Alfa's out there and a few less Germans. Not that there is anything wrong with the Germans. It's just that the world right now can use more of the old time fun of driving and fewer lectures about driverless cars you plug into your wall. IMHO.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have seen perhaps 5 Giulias since they came out...right now they are on par with Ferrari sightings. There is a long way to go before we see them daily.

Don't worry there will be plenty of driverless cars....but there will also be plenty of fun to drive cars as long as we vote with our wallets. If we maintain a market for fun cars - the manufacturers will make them. A year ago, the stocks for grocery chains tanked because Amazon bought Whole foods(how would grocers ever compete with Amazon going into grocery was the thought)...today there are more retailers(grocer and mm) than ever reporting increased earnings and sales. There is plenty of hype out there - news is cheap(and sometimes hyped)....markets dictate what will occur.

·
Registered
402 Posts
We all know that good dealers are the key to Alfa's success. And I think we want Alfa to succeed, while at the same time we know it is not easy for the dealers. Good ones should be recognized. From stories here I have heard of several. My experience with Ganley in Bedford Ohio was top notch. Doug Friedman helped me in so many ways. First, he saw me wandering in the lot and discerned I didn't know much about Alfa's. He said "just go for a drive". He had the good sense to drive it himself, in a nearby metropark, with lots of twisty roads (and a few law enforcement types). He drove it pretty hard. But is showed me what a great ride the Alfa had. I took a turn and felt how light and precise it was. I was sold. Once that was done, I was determined to get the exact car I wanted without a special order - takes too long. Doug helped me do a national locate and worked it all out with the far end dealer. I had my car in a couple of weeks.

I know we have to be careful about promoting dealers, and I definitely respect the rules. At the same time we need to make others who are looking aware of dealers that do great work and have the wherewithal to do whatever it takes.

So, that was my experience. And, I love the Blue and Tan. Now, if I could just find some nice all weather AWD floor mats.
If you have the Q4, this is the best all weather floor mat. (WeatherTech does not make them for the Q4. There is a difference in the passenger seat foot area) Just put mine in yesterday.

https://www.tuxmat.ca/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts