Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new 2017 Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio that is for sale. Gray Vesuvio in color. Please DM or call for price.

Ben Weatherford
Sales and Leasing consultant Northside Imports Houston

·
Registered
61 Posts
Market Adjustment, what does that even mean?
Low Supply, High Demand (real or perceived - new car hype, stellar reviews, brand loyalty) = $$$ over MSRP

If you have to be the first to have the shiny toy you might have to pay up for it. When the i8 first came out people were paying $50k+ over MSRP. Back in late 2006 I was one of the first e92 335's in Chicago and I paid $1000 over invoice but I also got 4 other people to buy 335's from the same guy so he cut us a nice deal on a brand new release.

I have no problem paying MSRP on a QV but I can wait until pricing comes back down to Earth

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well the market on the Quadrifoglio by majority of the dealers on cars.com and autotrader.com - all are at MSRP

It's a shame if any dealer tries to mark up above MSRP and dumb for any person to pay over MSRP as well

·
Registered
38 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more. Market adjustment to me equals I'll find another dealership or wait a few more months. I can't wait to get my hands on a new QV, but I sure as **** refuse to part with more money than I have too. I work too hard to just give it away to a dealership just looking to make money rather than relationships. Tells you something about that dealership. You can keep your car, I'll find another.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Couldn't agree with you more. Market adjustment to me equals I'll find another dealership or wait a few more months. I can't wait to get my hands on a new QV, but I sure as **** refuse to part with more money than I have too. I work too hard to just give it away to a dealership just looking to make money rather than relationships. Tells you something about that dealership. You can keep your car, I'll find another.
Exactly, dealers are already making 5-7k or more on every Quadrifoglio at MSRP

Edmunds and CarConnection have revealed invoice pricing of $67,100

https://www.edmunds.com/alfa-romeo/...cy=true&sub=quadrifoglio&color=#step1#facets1

http://www.thecarconnection.com/price/alfa-romeo_giulia-quadrifoglio_2017_rwd

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I take what I do very seriously. For those of you complaining about dealer markups just wait and don't buy the car during its launch. Most people forget that we are a business. When a car first comes out there will be people that really want the car and are willing to pay for it. You have to pay to play. The pricing will settle down when inventory catches up. Painfully simple. I appreciate those on here who have respected my original post. We are a very easy dealership to work with and I have sold 4Cs to many forum members.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is enjoying the long awaited return of a historic automobile brand to the United States!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey there, don't get so offended. We all know it's a business. As a business you need to make a decision to upcharge your clients and as a business there is also 159 other Alfa Romeo dealers out there that are waiting to take away your business (4 in Houston alone). That's all I'm saying. I will find a car without a "market adjustment" and I'm sure you will find a buyer interested in paying you for that car. If you want to make a deal for MSRP, just let me know.
Regards,
Serious buyer

·
Registered
45 Posts
I take what I do very seriously. For those of you complaining about dealer markups just wait and don't buy the car during its launch. Most people forget that we are a business. When a car first comes out there will be people that really want the car and are willing to pay for it. You have to pay to play. The pricing will settle down when inventory catches up. Painfully simple. I appreciate those on here who have respected my original post. We are a very easy dealership to work with and I have sold 4Cs to many forum members.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is enjoying the long awaited return of a historic automobile brand to the United States!

Ha! Love the justification for gouging people. Not all dealers think or behave this way. Shop around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got mine at MSRP. I was on the list for over a year! List grew to over 100 people. Still got it at MSRP as promised! The dealer has locked me in at the point for years to come!

I understand business, as i am a business owner, but what you'd get for selling at MSRP isn't just a sold car, its probably going to be customer forever and not only that, the person will send you so many referrals. As i plan on sending them. The car was at there dealership for maybe one full day before i took it home.

There was another dealer here with a 10k mark up. I wont look in their direction anymore. This dealer made my dreams come true, bc i would not have paid a dime over MSRP. I would recommend to anyone and everyone. I was local to them, and may play as a factor.

I just can't stress how much you could get in return for selling at MSRP.

As a business owner i look years and years out ahead of me, customers are investments as well, not in the short term.

In the end to each is own and i respect that. Shop around you'll find something. im sure.

GL to all buyers and sellers on forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts