Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
478 Posts
Since you have a 2020 Nero, can you please check your SBLs and see if they work when you turn the wheel left or right with headlights on.
I have a 2020, they work fine for me.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,693 Posts
I have a 2020, they work fine for me.
Are they the 35W or 25W? 35W physically moves where the 25W uses the extra SBL LEDs to simulate movement.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Are they the 35W or 25W? 35W physically moves where the 25W uses the extra SBL LEDs to simulate movement.
I'm not sure, the lights when you turn right or left and hit a certain point seem to turn on in that direction.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,693 Posts
I'm not sure, the lights when you turn right or left and hit a certain point seem to turn on in that direction.
Ooly at low speeds or also on highway? SBL is low speed only.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ooly at low speeds or also on highway? SBL is low speed only.
I've only done it where I noticed it in my driveway moving the car around. TBH it takes a good bit of steering input to activate which would tell me it likely would never activate on the highway, only driving on surface streets or a curvy local road.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Negative.

Not sure if theyre supposed to or not but they do not come on when the wheel is turned full lock
In the pre-2020 models then would come in. Something happened to the 2020 models which prevents the SBLs from turning on. It is very annoying. The LEDs are there, they just don't come on and Alfa is claiming it to be normal with Nero....

@xc1097 FYI

·
Registered
352 Posts
MY20 here w/35W wo/Nero and I have SBLs working at low speed AND adaptive swiveling at road speeds. It seemed you were saying it’s either/or, when in fact it’s both.

Reactions: JeFizz

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,693 Posts
MY20 here w/35W wo/Nero and I have SBLs working at low speed AND adaptive swiveling at road speeds. It seemed you were saying it’s either/or, when in fact it’s both.
Ahh, yes, thanks for clarifying that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey is it just me, or is anyone else bothered by the fact that a tyrant mass murderer of his time "Nero", who likely caused more misery to his people (percentage wise) than Hitler did in the 40s, gets to have an option package named after him. Maybe the passage of time has something to do with this, or maybe it's how easily the name just rolls off the tounge (no Caligula packages made the cut, although someone in marketing - yeah THAT guy, probably brought it up). Anyways, by that measure, maybe in another few hundres years, Mercedes might introduce a Hitler color combo, it'll be all the rage in the 2300s. Just sayin !

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey is it just me, or is anyone else bothered by the fact that a tyrant mass murderer of his time "Nero", who likely caused more misery to his people (percentage wise) than Hitler did in the 40s, gets to have an option package named after him. Maybe the passage of time has something to do with this, or maybe it's how easily the name just rolls off the tounge (no Caligula packages made the cut, although someone in marketing - yeah THAT guy, probably brought it up). Anyways, by that measure, maybe in another few hundres years, Mercedes might introduce a Hitler color combo, it'll be all the rage in the 2300s. Just sayin !
It’s just you bro... Nero means black in Italian... 😂

·
Registered
228 Posts
Went to a dealer site and found that most of the cars (28 out 32) have the Nero Edizione option. I for one don't care for it, but it must be a good money maker for the dealers.
To each his own, whatever you gets you down the road. But I really don’t get that rattle can murdered Nero burnt look on such a beautiful car? I special ordered my ‘19 Sport Ti back when you could get these cars almost anyway you wanted them. In my case with the classic stainless V and markings and minimal tech, limited slip, no sunroof. Wonderful car and I’m planning on keeping it since the spec options on new Sport Ti’s don’t work for my taste anymore, bummer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Interesting thread. I noticed the same thing. I for one wouldn't buy a car with the Nero package. The look is just tired in my opinion (my last car, 15 BMW had a black package). It's was unique 5-6 years ago, now it's everywhere. It reminds me of the old gold packages from 1999-2002. I was fortunate to find a car with the options I wanted without Nero. It wasn't a cost issue for me, I just didn't want it, especially on a car that I plan to keep.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
If you turned left, you should have turned right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the Nero package.

Of course, it depends on the colour of the car. On a black car, Nero is just stupid as it is not even a real black and won't look good. On Vesuvio, white or red, I find it looks good. On Misano, I wouldn't do it...
I like the Nero package.

Of course, it depends on the colour of the car. On a black car, Nero is just stupid as it is not even a real black and won't look good. On Vesuvio, white or red, I find it looks good. On Misano, I wouldn't do it...
I have it on Black with Red interior. Not sure why you consider thar stupid. It blends in perfectly. The mirror caps have a bit more of a dark grey hue to them. But it blends just fine and is indistinguishable unless you're right up on it. The badging, front grille, and rear and front diffusers all blend as well. It's a perfect combo. Red is gaudy and screams look at ne no matter what. And on white the contrast id too extreme and makes it look aftermarket.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts