Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
All Giulias look special, and it's a matter of personal taste. I passed on many Nero versions of the Misano Blue. It just did not work for me. I was seeking a simple harmonious look, with a little glitter, especially a chrome scudetto, for emphasis. As a bonus, the car came with the turbine wheels, which I have grown to really like. I just feel like my Giulia has an understated classy look.

·
Vendor
3,743 Posts
All Giulias look special, and it's a matter of personal taste. I passed on many Nero versions of the Misano Blue. It just did not work for me. I was seeking a simple harmonious look, with a little glitter, especially a chrome scudetto, for emphasis. As a bonus, the car came with the turbine wheels, which I have grown to really like. I just feel like my Giulia has an understated classy look. View attachment 106674
Looks great!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
478 Posts
When dealers order cars for stock they generally order them per certain option combos that Alfa suggests will most likely be desirable. I'd assume they do this through analyzing their sales data, most all manufacturers do this for lot cars. The Nero (and black out packages in general) is just that popular these days. This is also one of the reasons they have packaged options for 2021 like they did now, making it much more similar to the always profitable Japanese manufacturers. Walk into Acura to buy a TLX you have a choice of 3 or 4 packages in whatever colors they sell. Most likely they have the combo you want on the lot already (or can get it quickly from another local dealer) since they are so limited. Its also why the "$37,000" Mercedes CLA they advertise on TV doesn't exist, because no dealer will order that car, NOBODY is ever going to come in for a stripper Benz. I've owned 3 Benzes and my salesman said the only way to get that car is to order it with a hefty deposit because the dealership doesn't you walking away so it sits on the lot forever if you decide to bail out.

Side note, one of the things that caused the Big 3 to nearly die was the fact that they DIDN'T make dealers package stuff (nor did they have many packages), everything was an individual option, so many times dealers would spec out cars with all the bells and whistles, that would end up sitting on lots because who is going to pay low end BMW or Mercedes money for a Chrysler or a Pontiac. Then thanks to the one sided agreements the dealers would have the manufacturer would rebate those cars back into sellable territory. This also obviously affected speed of manufacture, cost to manufacture, etc.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,100 Posts
When dealers order cars for stock they generally order them per certain option combos that Alfa suggests will most likely be desirable. I'd assume they do this through analyzing their sales data, most all manufacturers do this for lot cars. The Nero (and black out packages in general) is just that popular these days. This is also one of the reasons they have packaged options for 2021 like they did now, making it much more similar to the always profitable Japanese manufacturers. Walk into Acura to buy a TLX you have a choice of 3 or 4 packages in whatever colors they sell. Most likely they have the combo you want on the lot already (or can get it quickly from another local dealer) since they are so limited. Its also why the "$37,000" Mercedes CLA they advertise on TV doesn't exist, because no dealer will order that car, NOBODY is ever going to come in for a stripper Benz. I've owned 3 Benzes and my salesman said the only way to get that car is to order it with a hefty deposit because the dealership doesn't you walking away so it sits on the lot forever if you decide to bail out.

Side note, one of the things that caused the Big 3 to nearly die was the fact that they DIDN'T make dealers package stuff (nor did they have many packages), everything was an individual option, so many times dealers would spec out cars with all the bells and whistles, that would end up sitting on lots because who is going to pay low end BMW or Mercedes money for a Chrysler or a Pontiac. Then thanks to the one sided agreements the dealers would have the manufacturer would rebate those cars back into sellable territory. This also obviously affected speed of manufacture, cost to manufacture, etc.
While I agree with most of what you say, the perception that Japanese manufacturers are always profitable is incorrect. Nissan and Mitsubishi have both lost plenty of money in the last few years, and Isuzu is gone.

Packaging can cause a problem if customers balk at paying for included items they do not want. When buying from stock, I want the car to be as close as possible to what I would order and imagine others also feel that way. Sure, from time-to-time I end up compromising. I did that with my FIAT Spider. Fortunately there were enough choices to allow me to make what I thought was the best compromise possible at the time.

·
Registered
478 Posts
While I agree with most of what you say, the perception that Japanese manufacturers are always profitable is incorrect. Nissan and Mitsubishi have both lost plenty of money in the last few years, and Isuzu is gone.

Packaging can cause a problem if customers balk at paying for included items they do not want. When buying from stock, I want the car to be as close as possible to what I would order and imagine others also feel that way. Sure, from time-to-time I end up compromising. I did that with my FIAT Spider. Fortunately there were enough choices to allow me to make what I thought was the best compromise possible at the time.
100% agree with you regarding Nissan and Mitsubishi, was just making a generalization, because lets be honest Honda/Acura and Toyota/Lexus which are the biggest of them basically print money pumping out anonymous-mobiles.

While I agree thats how you or I would think regarding packaging, the average person has proven that to be incorrect. Most people don't dig into the minutiae, instead they walk into the dealer with a price target in their head (either lease or finance) and want the dealer to get them into that. People like us who want to spec it as close as possible to our desires are in the minority.

Heck I'll be honest, theres a couple options I would have wanted on my QV that I miss a little but not much, but I couldn't pass up the deal I was getting for a brand new 2020 and for my trade in. The car was a no brainer at the price and I wasn't compromising on my main desires (Rosso Competizione, black w/red stitch interior, red calipers, Carbon Steering Wheel), and only got one thing I wasn't looking for (Nero) but liked after seeing in person. I wanted the security and convenience package, but thats apparently not common.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
100% agree with you regarding Nissan and Mitsubishi, was just making a generalization, because lets be honest Honda/Acura and Toyota/Lexus which are the biggest of them basically print money pumping out anonymous-mobiles.

While I agree thats how you or I would think regarding packaging, the average person has proven that to be incorrect. Most people don't dig into the minutiae, instead they walk into the dealer with a price target in their head (either lease or finance) and want the dealer to get them into that. People like us who want to spec it as close as possible to our desires are in the minority.

Heck I'll be honest, theres a couple options I would have wanted on my QV that I miss a little but not much, but I couldn't pass up the deal I was getting for a brand new 2020 and for my trade in. The car was a no brainer at the price and I wasn't compromising on my main desires (Rosso Competizione, black w/red stitch interior, red calipers, Carbon Steering Wheel), and only got one thing I wasn't looking for (Nero) but liked after seeing in person. I wanted the security and convenience package, but thats apparently not common.
The Nero Package is $500. I think that it could be reversed quickly, if you want, with buying the chrome badging, the exterior mirror rosso competizione caps and the chrome V Scudetto grill.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The Nero Package is $500. I think that it could be reversed quickly, if you want, with buying the chrome badging, the exterior mirror rosso competizione caps and the chrome V Scudetto grill.
It also has the Dark 5 hole wheels. I could reverse it but after seeing it in person I decided I liked it and so I'm happy with it. Mine also has the wireless charger I have no use for, but doesn't hurt anything.

Reactions: Giuliano

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nero on a black car is the business mate! It gives it such a sinister look that I always have to step out of the car with my KT RDB slung over my shoulder. :) On the other hand I have yet to see an Alfa in any colour I didn't like. Cheers.
I would agree but the black of Nero isn't the black of Volcano and I find it looks a little off... Maybe it is just me haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went to a dealer site and found that most of the cars (28 out 32) have the Nero Edizione option. I for one don't care for it, but it must be a good money maker for the dealers.
I personally like the nero package. But, as others have stated, only on certain colors. Im not a fan of silver accents on many things to start with so I have a bit of a bias there. To me, the light accents give the car more luxury sedan look rather than a sport sedan look. One of the reasons for that is, at least on my vesuvio grey, is the nero 'shrinks' the windows. Its really an optical illusion but it stands. The black makes the windows look shorter than they really are and that is the look I like. However, I think the opposite would be true on a light color car as the black lines would make them stand out more thus giving them more weight. In that case I can see having the standard silver moldings.

As you can see from the photos I also went with the black double y spoke wheels. With the vsuvio I think the bright wheels stood out too much. I was originally wanting the 5 hole wheels as that what I felt was the correct Alfa wheel for this car. However, on the lot I really liked the way these looked like in person over the 5 hole wheels that looked better on the website. It's just a bit more aggressive look and compliments the nero package well. Again, on a different colored car I would not like them over the other choices.

·
Registered
295 Posts
As you can see from the photos I also went with the black double y spoke wheels. With the vsuvio I think the bright wheels stood out too much. I was originally wanting the 5 hole wheels as that what I felt was the correct Alfa wheel for this car. However, on the lot I really liked the way these looked like in person over the 5 hole wheels that looked better on the website. It's just a bit more aggressive look and compliments the nero package well. Again, on a different colored car I would not like them over the other choices.
Beautiful colour!!! Like mine!

What is your interior colour?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Haha!
Yeah I did read. Been driving cars with black interiors since 2009. I needed a change with my 2020.
Same. My previous cars have been mostly black interior as well. I live in Florida and people always say to avoid black interiors here. I like the way it looks and its going to be hot as hell fire no matter what anyway LOL so I just stick with it. My previous car was a Saab 9.3 Viggen in Hazelnut exterior and charcoal grey interior. Still looked quite good after 140k miles. I kinda miss her still.

·
Registered
799 Posts
My previous car was a Saab 9.3 Viggen in Hazelnut exterior and charcoal grey interior. Still looked quite good after 140k miles. I kinda miss her still.
Still reflect fondly on my 9-3 Aero wagon. Handled like a pig but sneaky fast (particularly with my BSR tune). Hated the coolant tank that would repeatedly leak!

·
Registered
105 Posts
All Giulias look special, and it's a matter of personal taste. I passed on many Nero versions of the Misano Blue. It just did not work for me. I was seeking a simple harmonious look, with a little glitter, especially a chrome scudetto, for emphasis. As a bonus, the car came with the turbine wheels, which I have grown to really like. I just feel like my Giulia has an understated classy look. View attachment 106674
Misano 😍😍🤤🤤

Congratulations absolutely gorgeous

·
Registered
105 Posts
Since you have a 2020 Nero, can you please check your SBLs and see if they work when you turn the wheel left or right with headlights on.

Negative.

Not sure if theyre supposed to or not but they do not come on when the wheel is turned full lock

21 - 40 of 67 Posts