Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a dealer site and found that most of the cars (28 out 32) have the Nero Edizione option. I for one don't care for it, but it must be a good money maker for the dealers.

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
1,041 Posts
Went to a dealer site and found that most of the cars (28 out 32) have the Nero Edizione option. I for one don't care for it, but it must be a good money maker for the dealers.
I'm not a fan either. Seems it's all the rage these days. I'm picking up my new 2020 QF this week, and it's a Nero Edizione. Not my choice, it's the only car I found with the spec I wanted and unfortunately it has the Nero. I'll be un-doing most of the Nero stuff as soon as I can, including dark tecnicos. As I did with my 2018, I'll be offering a trade to whoever offers a set of bright 5-holes, direct swaperoo.

·
Registered
531 Posts
My QF has the nero package and my ti doesn't. To me the ti looks more classic and the QF sinister. The differences are very subtle. It's funny that Emozine has the wheels I originally wanted and I have the ones he wants (mine are dark though). You do know that the technicos are the lightest QF wheels? "Grass is always greener," gents.

·
Vendor
3,752 Posts
It's what sells. Everyone wants that look. It's uberissimo popular. Whatever your taste it's in.

I am torn on the nero. I like it and I don't. Reason I like it, It can look good, reason I don't everyone has it. Normally we take our new Alfa's and do them up right away. This one has taken me some time and have left it stock since new.

Nero looks great on some colors but I am not sure it's my favorite on white. I have a Ti sport Q4, staggered in Trofeo. I have toyed with the idea of changing out badges and all but every time I think I am going to do it I don't. I prefer the Chrome badges. V grill I like in Silver but could do Nero as it's subtle enough since it blends with grill. I have no sunroof as I prefer no sunroof, I did not want a black top on a white car nor a sunroof in general at all. Sometimes the nero seems too contrasty for me on white.

Mine came with Dark 5 hole (trading out for dark tecnico soon) and dark Window moldings. So for now the only thing I changed out was the mirror caps for Nero ones which I feel look good but I also love the Trofeo caps too. Dark caps lighten up the car, takes away the bulk of the mirrors, makes them disappear more.

Mine looks like a mini Maserati Ghibli Trofeo with Nero package. I was looking to stay away from full Nero or CF all over it. I saw a Ghibli early on with a Nero package and really liked it. Looked super classy but sporty and mean, Italian. Chrome badges remain, dark wheels, dark window moldings, mirror caps and dark grill but still light enough with chrome badge, dark exhaust tips.

So I went for that. I like that it's not over done.

I put a CF rear spoiler on but had it painted to match the car. I think it looks great but I do think about adding a CF black one on.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I like the Nero package.

Of course, it depends on the colour of the car. On a black car, Nero is just stupid as it is not even a real black and won't look good. On Vesuvio, white or red, I find it looks good. On Misano, I wouldn't do it...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You do know that the technicos are the lightest QF wheels? "Grass is always greener," gents.
Yeah, I know. I want the classic Alfa look, and the bright 5-hole wheels are it. If I was tracking the car every weekend, I may be interested in the lighter wheel. You can have them in exchange for a set of bright 5-holes...

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yes, the “murdered” look has been popular for a while now. Depending on the color of your car I think it can look great (lighter/brighter) for added contrast.

I have a Vesuvio grey and did add a gloss black rear spoiler and replaced the Giulia chrome badge with an OEM Nero version (thanks Jason). For me it helps with the symmetry of the rear visually while still maintaining the badge.

I also had a CF scudetto but sold it. I decided I like how the chrome scudetto keeps some contrast to the front end. It is what makes an Alfa instantly recognizable.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I also had a CF scudetto but sold it. I decided I like how the chrome scudetto keeps some contrast to the front end. It is what makes an Alfa instantly recognizable.
Exactly. If you're going to run a blacked out Scudetto, it disappears. Why run one at all?

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I'm not a fan either. Seems it's all the rage these days. I'm picking up my new 2020 QF this week, and it's a Nero Edizione. Not my choice, it's the only car I found with the spec I wanted and unfortunately it has the Nero. I'll be un-doing most of the Nero stuff as soon as I can, including dark tecnicos. As I did with my 2018, I'll be offering a trade to whoever offers a set of bright 5-holes, direct swaperoo.
@Emozine, can't you swap your current QV 5-Hole bright wheels with your new QV dark Tecnico's?. That way, you would have your new QV with the current 5-Hole bright wheels. Did I misunderstand something here?.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
@Emozine, can't you swap your current QV 5-Hole bright wheels with your new QV dark Tecnico's?. That way, you would have your new QV with the current 5-Hole bright wheels. Did I misunderstand something here?.
My 2018 is gone, swapping it for the 2020 and couldn't get the timing right to swap the wheels. Otherwise it would have been the perfect way to go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree. I didn't want the Nero, but it is all they had available. I'd rather use the $1,100 to purchase aftermarket CF parts like the front V, side mirror covers and spoiler.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,116 Posts
Everyone gets to like what they like. I don't care for it and wouldn't pay extra for a car with it. My wife got a a 2020 Stelvio with Rosso Competizione and didn't pay extra.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Im not a Nero Edizione fanatic, I think all Giulias are beautiful no exception. I specifically sought out the Nero for my '20 rosso alfa and I don't regret it. It's one of those things once I saw it i couldn't "un-see" it and had to have it.

I have noticed the same as OP, I've seen a lot of the base/sprint models with the Nero package now, to me and to Jason's point its very popular and an inexpensive and effective way to make the bottom end of the Giulia range more appealing to more customers... if that's the case I personally agree

Tire Wheel Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
295 Posts
Im not a Nero Edizione fanatic, I think all Giulias are beautiful no exception. I specifically sought out the Nero for my '20 rosso alfa and I don't regret it. It's one of those things once I saw it i couldn't "un-see" it and had to have it.
Since you have a 2020 Nero, can you please check your SBLs and see if they work when you turn the wheel left or right with headlights on.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I like the Nero package.

Of course, it depends on the colour of the car. On a black car, Nero is just stupid as it is not even a real black and won't look good. On Vesuvio, white or red, I find it looks good. On Misano, I wouldn't do it...
Nero on a black car is the business mate! It gives it such a sinister look that I always have to step out of the car with my KT RDB slung over my shoulder. :) On the other hand I have yet to see an Alfa in any colour I didn't like. Cheers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm not a fan of the nero either. Much prefer the look of silver scudetto frame, and either the gunmetal turbine wheels or gunmetal 5-wheels over the murdered-out black Y spoke.

The first Giulia in DJM's post looks amazing to me. The latter one.... gives off Micky Mouse vibes, with its black rear-view mirror caps that stick out like mouse ears.

My previous Ti was Alfa White + dark five holes, with black moonroof. I think adding black V in the grill, and black mirror caps into that mix would make it look too much like a Star Wars stormtrooper.

Reactions: Theo

·
Registered
275 Posts
i like mine on red qv. It's quite subtle and almost matching what I have spec'ed. The nero package is nothing more than 3 parts that are "dark miron" colored. They are just the side mirrors, the V scudetto on the front bumper, and tail badge "giulia". Dealers may have also ordered dark colored wheels to complement the dark theme but that's really not part of nero package.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Nero is popular because (as the OP found) that’s all that dealers stock. When I was spec’ing my car, literally 85% of the 400+ cars on dealer lots in the Los Angeles region had the package (per the AR inventory search tool). It’s what amounts to a mandatory option.

In truth, we don’t know how popular Nero actually is because very few people who buy off the lot have a choice.

And don’t get me started on the fact that 90%+ of those same 400 cars were achromatic.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts