Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok by now everyone knows that I have been waiting a very long time for my QV. after contacting Alfa care and getting different info. i was angry this morning and i let it be known . well I got a call from my dealer. they were sorry for delay and that the car was having software updated at port instead of dealership. the sales manager at my dealership offered me a different car its have every option i wanted except the car cover. i can have the car tomorrow. i told him No! (going to sound crazy but I'm a little superstitious) I have been following the car since I had the VON number. I figured I have waited this long. Im i right or I'm i crazy Im kinda attached to a car i never seen . what would you do?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Ok by now everyone knows that I have been waiting a very long time for my QV. after contacting Alfa care and getting different info. i was angry this morning and i let it be known . well I got a call from my dealer. they were sorry for delay and that the car was having software updated at port instead of dealership. the sales manager at my dealership offered me a different car its have every option i wanted except the car cover. i can have the car tomorrow. i told him No! (going to sound crazy but I'm a little superstitious) I have been following the car since I had the VON number. I figured I have waited this long. Im i right or I'm i crazy Im kinda attached to a car i never seen . what would you do?
I think you need to follow your heart and it sounds like you are doing that. Good things come to those who wait........

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I think i'd do the same.. you've been waiting/tracking YOUR car not someone elses. Kind of detracts from the excitement if they give you another. Obviously your weekend could be much more awesome if you took the other but it's your hard earned money.. plus who knows how many smell rears have sat in the seat of the alternatives ;D

·
Registered
646 Posts
Wow, now they are updating software at Port?

Sounds like FCA doesn't trust the dealers to do this - or maybe they are just being cautious with the halo car, given recent horrible press from breakdowns.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
tell him to go get the car cover and its a deal IF the car is identical.....
my reasoning?....how does a TWIN to your car become available in 24 hours when your ordered car is sitting at the port for 3 weeks??? having trouble understanding...did this replacement car appear because someone who ordered it bailed??...was it a dealer ordered car with no buyer?? did they swap with another dealer to make you happy???
Inquiring minds want to know:grin2:

just "f"-in with ya>:)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I would ask to test drive the one in the showroom before you make a final decision.....>:)

Reactions: FNM

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
yes aiming to! Thanks for the offer, really excited :D

No i'll aim to break his not yours lol (oops might have talked my way out of that experience...)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Don't worry FNM, you will always be welcome to experience my QV................ as a passenger.....>:)

I couldn't resist.......:grin2:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Your description sounds almost identical to my experience when I ordered my car but the only difference is that there were zero Q's around to substitute. Mine was in port for 1 month for a reason never known, at least you've gotten some idea.

I went through every emotion known to man the last month, looking back on it, that was part of the process and made me a better person!

All I can say be patient, it will be beyond your expectations when it arrives. And it could be tomorrow, who knows???

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Don't worry FNM, you will always be welcome to experience my QV................ as a passenger.....>:)

I couldn't resist.......:grin2:
I see what you did there... very smart.. the English drive on the other side so you meant... ahh yes.. phew ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts