Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Need alignment- can’t find willing shop

5K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Ken20giulia 
#1 ·
I hit a massive pothole last week, totally destroyed my wheel and also had to replace the tire. Now after getting that all fixed, I need an alignment and am having trouble finding a shop that doesn’t freak out when I say “Alfa Romeo”. Is there anything special about the suspension, or is it just because they’ve probably never seen a Giulia before?

#5 ·
The Alfa dealer here is pretty mediocre, I wish there was someplace else. I’ll take it there if it’s the only option, but the hours aren’t good, they’re typically out of loaner vehicles, and to schedule an appointment I usually have to call the Porsche dealer next door (under same ownership group) just to get someone to answer the phone.

#7 · (Edited)
try Bridgestone - or Firestone
they have Giulia on their American made alignment machine - the techs do find it difficult to adjust Giulia alignement as it is in a very awkward postion and takes a bit more time - the guys who have done it before actually charge a little more for a Giulia - about 9-10 bucks more, thats all it is, takes a bit longer

call and ask first if they have Giulia specs - they should do

if its teeth, i go to a dentist, if its wheels, i got to a wheel shop - dealership will rob you as its not covered by warranty - you may be able to claim an at fault accidental insurance if you have damaged anything major, but looks like you have already fixed it -

#10 ·
From what I understand, the camber is not directly adjustable, but can be tweaked through adjustments to the toe. So, if your camber alignment was out not many shops will do it, and just say that the camber is not adjustable.

#14 ·
Yes, I’m planning on taking it to Sweeney for anything dealer related in the future. Tirediscounters did the alignment this morning, they struggled with the camber adjustment on the wheel that hit the holfor a while but after 1.5hrs everything is now back in spec.

#15 ·
Yes, this is a problem. Always has been. There is nothing special here. It is a car like all other cars. The reason they don't want to is because they don't know them. The fact that they say no tells me they are not a shop to deal with. Where exactly are you located? This is so ridiculous! I have had autobody shops deny me in the 90's with my 164.

#16 ·
Yes I suppose it’s both a blessing and a curse. The rarity of the car in the US adds to its appeal, and it’s poor resale value makes it a really good secondhand deal for someone willing to take a chance. The downside is everyone thinks it cost 4x more than it really did and is afraid to work on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.