Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner to a new Giulia Ti Sport Q2 - on my second day of driving (today) I clipped a corner and scratched my passenger side rear wheel (ouch) fine to drive but I have to fix or replace it. Anybody have one? I'm in the Los Angeles area. THANKS!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't have a wheel, but a suggestion. I had the same problem scratched the passenger side rear wheel. It made me sick the car was 4 weeks new... I got a wheel repair kit off the internet carefully taped off the area filled and sanded the wheel so it was smooth. Went to an automotive paint supplier had them color match the wheel paint, Cost me less than $20 for the paint. The kit was less than $20 also, then I asked the paint store folks to recommend someone who does custom air brush work. Contacted him had him paint and feather in the color so it's un-noticeable. I think I gave the painter $35 plus a tip. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Unless the rim is bent, there are many places that repair road rash on rims. Do a search for “rim repair” in your area. You can also ask your dealer as they usually have someone that does these repairs on trade ins.

Ray

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am the proud owner to a new Giulia Ti Sport Q2 - on my second day of driving (today) I clipped a corner and scratched my passenger side rear wheel (ouch) fine to drive but I have to fix or replace it. Anybody have one? I'm in the Los Angeles area. THANKS!!!
I had that happen to me. Cost 150 per wheel to fix. Cant even tell

·
Registered
31 Posts
Happened to me yesterday, day 9 of ownership! Cut a corner a bit too sharp when it looked like I might be rear-ended by a tailgater. Hit it pretty hard, but doesn't appear to be bent, still seems to drive fine. Gouged it real good though. Hoping a local wheel place can do something for me.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Happened to me in a parking garage with only 400 miles on it. Yes, it is a sickening feeling

·
Registered
14 Posts
On my 4th wheel repair in 3k miles. Never again will I get wheel bigger then 18". If you even sniff a curb you will ding them. I will wait to fix as there is a limit to how many times you can repair each wheel. Because of that if you ding the left rear put that repaired wheel on the right front

·
Registered
349 Posts
This subject is becoming a very popular one. It happened to me also within a month of driving the brand new car. There are two other threads about this subject within the past week or so and interestingly enough, the passenger side rear wheel is the one to get damaged (mine too). Three options as far as I understand (as long as the wheel is not bent): 1) leave it alone as it will happen again and several times (the option I chose), 2) repair it at a qualified wheels repair shop which can match the color (~$150) and 3) buy a new wheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts