Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the actual $950 navigation upgrade get you? From the description, the included option already includes navigation. So confused so was my dealer... The one I ordered includes the sports package, performance package, and both Driver Assistance packages but we didn't order the $950 package since it already comes with one? Eeeerf

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm pretty sure the upper right description has typo - it should not include "Navigation".

BTW, I thought your build was odd since you got essentially every option EXCEPT Nav.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure the upper right description has typo - it should not include "Navigation".

BTW, I thought your build was odd since you got essentially every option EXCEPT Nav.
OK I'm glad someone else noticed! The dealer said that he added it and if it does cost more he'll eat the $950.00. I'm just surprised the website hasn't been fixed yet along with the 5-Hole Silver rims option :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
OK I'm glad someone else noticed! The dealer said that he added it and if it does cost more he'll eat the $950.00. I'm just surprised the website hasn't been fixed yet along with the 5-Hole Silver rims option :)
The entire Giulia option list and ordering process is a mess. Dealers don't know about certain option packs like the "Ti Performance Plus" pack (which is listed in the Features Availability PDF, but isn't listed on the USA consumer configurator- but is listed on the Canadian consumer configurator!). Similar to the 19" dark hole wheels being the only available wheel right now on the 19" sport pack, when there are Giulia press shots showing a Vesuzio Ti with the light/bright silver 5 holes!

I'm also getting conflicting info from my dealer on what the standard stereo system specs are. My dealer says the base Giulia has a 280W system, and the Ti gets the 400W system. But I found some Alfa literature that claims 100W for the base Giulia, and then lists a 400W system as a package option upgrade for both the base and the Ti.

My wife wants a Giulia so much she wants to head back to the dealer to buy one this coming weekend. I'm moving the other direction, mostly because I don't think FCA/Alfa Romeo has their act together with how this car is being marketed and launched. They're not ready and the launch is being bungled. Between my three closest dealers, there are only 7 total Giulias! Two dealers each only have one, the other has 5.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Where do you see the silver 5-hole rims - just in the Feature Availability pdf?
I would really prefer the bright 5-hole - hoping it's available to order soon.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The entire Giulia option list and ordering process is a mess. Dealers don't know about certain option packs like the "Ti Performance Plus" pack (which is listed in the Features Availability PDF, but isn't listed on the USA consumer configurator- but is listed on the Canadian consumer configurator!). Similar to the 19" dark hole wheels being the only available wheel right now on the 19" sport pack, when there are Giulia press shots showing a Vesuzio Ti with the light/bright silver 5 holes!

I'm also getting conflicting info from my dealer on what the standard stereo system specs are. My dealer says the base Giulia has a 280W system, and the Ti gets the 400W system. But I found some Alfa literature that claims 100W for the base Giulia, and then lists a 400W system as a package option upgrade for both the base and the Ti.

My wife wants a Giulia so much she wants to head back to the dealer to buy one this coming weekend. I'm moving the other direction, mostly because I don't think FCA/Alfa Romeo has their act together with how this car is being marketed and launched. They're not ready and the launch is being bungled. Between my three closest dealers, there are only 7 total Giulias! Two dealers each only have one, the other has 5.
The Ti performance plus package is coming soon. It's the 18" sport package paired with the performance package, it isn't listed in the code guides that dealers use for ordering. The Giulia features an 8-speaker 180-watt 8-speaker system. I believe the Ti features a 10 speaker 400w system standard but cannot verify because the only in-stock Ti in the country without harman kardon does not have pictures online. Harmon Kardon is a 900-watt 14 speaker system. My store currently has 10 in stock, FCA/Alfa is actually moving quickly in the right direction, yes there are still issues with availability of the car and certain features, however most sales people don't really take the time to learn about a car prior to it arriving. With the new four port system you'll see those inventories grow quickly as it will cut the transit time significantly.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I think the upgraded NAV option gives it a larger viewing screen without effecting how it works.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Ti performance plus package is coming soon. It's the 18" sport package paired with the performance package, it isn't listed in the code guides that dealers use for ordering. The Giulia features an 8-speaker 180-watt 8-speaker system. I believe the Ti features a 10 speaker 400w system standard but cannot verify because the only in-stock Ti in the country without harman kardon does not have pictures online. Harmon Kardon is a 900-watt 14 speaker system. My store currently has 10 in stock, FCA/Alfa is actually moving quickly in the right direction, yes there are still issues with availability of the car and certain features, however most sales people don't really take the time to learn about a car prior to it arriving. With the new four port system you'll see those inventories grow quickly as it will cut the transit time significantly.
Thanks for this! Can you elaborate on what the "four port system" is?

I think the upgraded NAV option gives it a larger viewing screen without effecting how it works.
I doubt it, they are both 8.8"

·
Registered
242 Posts
Initial shipments only came in through port of Baltimore and then had to be trucked.
They're opening up more ports, Houston, likely West Coast and maybe a 2nd on East coast, can't remember if Dane listed them all.

Right, Ti starts with 8.8" screen and $950 option to add Nav with same size screen.
The Base model has a 6.5" screen and a $500 option to add Nav to that, or $500 to move to 8.8" or $1900 option to get 8.8 w/Nav

I'm pretty sure most/all inital spec Base cars had the upsized screen and likely most/all the Ti's came with Nav.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think the base is 100W, or at least that's what's listed in the Giulia radio user guide, page 7. But also confused on the 400W "premium" option. Hoping it's base on Giulia Ti. Otherwise, it's an option that was abandoned as seems impossible to get with any package? Or maybe 400W is base on the Quad?

·
Registered
418 Posts

Rather than all coming to Baltimore cars will come into Baltimore, Houston and (I believe) Florida/ California. This cuts time at port and transport time. For transport time alone it'll cut at 3-5 weeks for my store being in the Dallas area. Giulia comes standard with a 6.5in screen, 8in display is 500 or 8in w/ nav is 1900. Ti gets 8.8in standard and screen w/nav is 900 something. 6.5in w/ navy is late availability to bridge the gap between no nav and nearly 2k for nav.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think the base is 100W, or at least that's what's listed in the Giulia radio user guide, page 7. But also confused on the 400W "premium" option. Hoping it's base on Giulia Ti. Otherwise, it's an option that was abandoned as seems impossible to get with any package? Or maybe 400W is base on the Quad?
I agree with the logic there. I'll get some definitives tomorrow. Didn't have an opportunity today.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Rather than all coming to Baltimore cars will come into Baltimore, Houston and (I believe) Florida/ California. This cuts time at port and transport time. For transport time alone it'll cut at 3-5 weeks for my store being in the Dallas area. Giulia comes standard with a 6.5in screen, 8in display is 500 or 8in w/ nav is 1900. Ti gets 8.8in standard and screen w/nav is 900 something. 6.5in w/ navy is late availability to bridge the gap between no nav and nearly 2k for nav.
Looking at the AR build-a-Giulia now.

Ti comes with an 8.8 inch radio standard, no NAV.
$950 adds a NAV to that, still 8.8 inch.
$900 adds the Harmon Kardon 14 speaker, 900 watt system.
NAV is a separate option from Harmon Kardon radio.

Base Giulia has a 6.5 inch radio, no NAV standard.
$500 adds NAV.
Or, $500 (from base) adds 8.8 inch radio, no NAV.
$1900 (from base) adds 8.8 inch radio w/NAV.

Quad is standard with 8.8 inch radio w/NAV.
$900 will upgrade to Harmon Kardon 14 speaker system, 900 watts.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And the pricing/order guide confirms that Navigation is optional on the Ti. Do not forget to include folks!

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
The Giulia features an 8-speaker 180-watt 8-speaker system. I believe the Ti features a 10 speaker 400w system standard but cannot verify because the only in-stock Ti in the country without harman kardon does not have pictures online. Harmon Kardon is a 900-watt 14 speaker system.
Any update on this?

Under the build configurator, the standard features list an 8-speaker system, which would be the 100W base system.

But, the Feature Availability lists the 400W system as optional for both Base and Ti and then later shows it available in a package.
Just wondering if the 8.8 w/Nav is what gets you the 400W Premium system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My TI sports came with the 8.8 screen, HK and Nav, but the Nav was not working out of the box. After the dealer replaced the radio/nav unit the nav works via the rotary knob control but I can't get the voice command to respond to many commands (maybe it prefers Italian?). Also, after the replacement the odometer is flashing, indicating an electronic bug somewhere. Alfa sent a tech down to check it out, but he couldn't determine the cause. Other than these niggles it drives fine.
Has anyone else had similar problems?
Don

·
Registered
10 Posts
My TI sports came with the 8.8 screen, HK and Nav, but the Nav was not working out of the box. After the dealer replaced the radio/nav unit the nav works via the rotary knob control but I can't get the voice command to respond to many commands (maybe it prefers Italian?). Also, after the replacement the odometer is flashing, indicating an electronic bug somewhere. Alfa sent a tech down to check it out, but he couldn't determine the cause. Other than these niggles it drives fine.
Has anyone else had similar problems?
Don
flashing odometer indicates CAN bus error, which is normal if you replace a device on the CAN bus such as navigation unit.
Requires a "proxy alignment" to get the new unit fully recognised by the central computer. Proxy alignment is a simple procedure via testcomputer/OBD port that takes couple of minutes to do ....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts