Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
481 - 500 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
That didn't fix it. I am wondering if it is past the 3 year mark and needs a subscription update to load the newest maps. It had 1010 on it and that is Fall of 17 about the time the car was built according to the TomTom chart. Just really sucks that a map load kills the entire system and not just the Nav.
That does stink. Don’t know what else to suggest other than a dealer visit. There was never any real communication from Alfa/FCA regarding map updates, the download site just appeared one day, so I know of no subscription term or limit.

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
I also had the issue with 1081 failing for bad license and downloading the correct one did allow the update to go through. Now my system reboots over and over within 30 seconds of power up. Unit is a 2nd Gen in an MY18 Ti Q4 and firmware was at the latest version already, only the maps were out of date at 1010.

Any ideas? I can't even get to the reset all in the menu before it restarts.
If the system is stuck in a bootloop, try reloading the latest radio firmware.

·
Premium Member
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
39 Posts
If the system is stuck in a bootloop, try reloading the latest radio firmware.
Reloaded current firmware and still same reboot loop after successful flash. No way to try to reload the maps, won't stay on long enough to get to the menu. It took a few tries to flash the firmware as the message to click OK to start was going away within a second of popping up but I finally got it to start and complete fine.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,991 Posts
Reloaded current firmware and still same reboot loop after successful flash. No way to try to reload the maps, won't stay on long enough to get to the menu. It took a few tries to flash the firmware as the message to click OK to start was going away within a second of popping up but I finally got it to start and complete fine.
If you don't want/can't visit the dealer, can you try pulling the radio unit out and putting it back in. My old dealer tried that to fix an issue was having and it tried a little

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also had the issue with 1081 failing for bad license and downloading the correct one did allow the update to go through. Now my system reboots over and over within 30 seconds of power up. Unit is a 2nd Gen in an MY18 Ti Q4 and firmware was at the latest version already, only the maps were out of date at 1010.

Any ideas? I can't even get to the reset all in the menu before it restarts.
I have the exact same problem after the 1081 update on a 2nd Gen 2018 Ti Sport Giulia. Constant Reboot cycle of infotainment module. Can anyone point me to the previous map version and license file so that I can try to flash that?

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I have the exact same problem after the 1081 update on a 2nd Gen 2018 Ti Sport Giulia. Constant Reboot cycle of infotainment module. Can anyone point me to the previous map version and license file so that I can try to flash that?
The download site only has the most recent. Possibly the download or trash folders on your computer? I know it’s not something I clean out very often.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
if you want to send me your VIN Ill see if I can get the previous version .

·
Premium Member
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
39 Posts
Mine is still at the dealership after 10 days. Radio first, then telematic they said, now changing the body control module. They opened a case file on the downloads whatever that entails.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
ZASFAKNN8J7C07534

Here is my VIN can you see if you can get me the previous version? I am having the same issue
I will run the VIN and download the software.. it might be the same version as @ash7 ,but as he said it wont load since it's an older version.... I'm trying to find a workaround but no luck as of yet.
If anyone knows a way to do it by all means,share it here .

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I will run the VIN and download the software.. it might be the same version as @ash7 ,but as he said it wont load since it's an older version.... I'm trying to find a workaround but no luck as of yet.
If anyone knows a way to do it by all means,share it here .
If you wait long enough (3 months at most, probably less currently) you can simply get the latest newer map ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you wait long enough (3 months at most, probably less currently) you can simply get the latest newer map ;)
The thought did cross my mind 😁
But at least one person can't get his system to stay on even after a battery pull to do the update.
My system for now stays on the first time the battery is reset.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
I don't think I would want to drive my car for three months without the radio working.... I know how to force rollbacks on the Uconnect systems but as of this time have not figured out how to do it on our systems..

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,991 Posts
481 - 500 of 507 Posts