Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
441 - 460 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
I updated mine successfully today. Thanks to all for the clear guidance.

Mine took 1 hr, 14 minutes. My old map version was 973 dot something so it was way old! 6/17 build date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jwq2

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
815 Posts
Success today, too. Reminding that NTFS format is essential, exFAT doesn't work. Was indeed slower than last update, taking a little over an hour. Damn that last 10% progress indicator took about 20 minutes.

BTW I was using Zoom for a conference call during the update, no issues! Bluetooth and Tunes work fine during.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Success today, too. Reminding that NTFS format is essential, exFAT doesn't work. Was indeed slower than last update, taking a little over an hour. Damn that last 10% progress indicator took about 20 minutes.

BTW I was using Zoom for a conference call during the update, no issues! Bluetooth and Tunes work fine during.
done many times with NTFS or exFAT - both work just fine.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
815 Posts
done many times with NTFS or exFAT - both work just fine.
hmmmm ... mine didn't recognize the update on exFAT, and I moved the exact same files over to NTFS on the same 16GB USBstick to work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anyone notice better graphics or is it just my imagination. I came up from 1066. Ive never had a problem with NTFS

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,991 Posts
I ran my update yesterday, with my iPhone still plugged in and ACP open. I got a pop-up message when the update was done. Never saw that before but it was great

·
Registered
16 Posts
Even after switching the flash drive to NTFS, the car tells me there is no update. Any help. Just purchased this 17 QV.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport AWD Misano Blue/Black Ice
111 Posts
Even after switching the flash drive to NTFS, the car tells me there is no update. Any help. Just purchased this 17 QV.
Did you copy BOTH the update AND the license on to the stick? Neither can be in a folder.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes. Both are on the stick. Nothing else on it.
Hmmm. Trying to think of other issues I had in the beginning. Not all the USB locations can be used for the update, as I recall. (I use the one behind the shifter.) Put the stick in. Got to Settings, Navigation, Map Update. At that point, it recognizes it and away you go. If you haven't, I'd try erasing both files and downloading them again. I seem to remember going through something similar, wiped it and started over and it just worked. I know these are likely too basic for you, but if anything else comes to mind, I'll send you a note.

Oh! You're certain you've downloaded the version that corresponds to your Nav, right? I could see if you don't have the 3D system, the '17 might not recognize it - or vice versa.

Just trying to think it through.

Good luck....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I assume the map you downloaded is actually newer then what you currently have on the system ? And as said, the correct version for your system.

see also here for the procedure:
infotainment/map udates
Yeah it’s newer than the one that’s on the car. Car has been in my possession since the new update came out, so not possible for it to be the new seat update. Trying again later today after work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got it updated. Just had to try it about four times. New to Alfa, but I’ve been following along. How often do they upgrade the maps & radio itself? Have a Hellcat as well. Wondering how similar this is to UConnect.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Got it updated. Just had to try it about four times. New to Alfa, but I’ve been following along. How often do they upgrade the maps & radio itself? Have a Hellcat as well. Wondering how similar this is to UConnect.
For me, 2-3 times a year + before a road trip. As far as I know, the other updates are all from the dealer. Once you are out of warranty, they are chargeable, so if you have any left be sure to get in there with some mystery Nav or Infotainment issue to get an update.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Q2 (Alfa White)
123 Posts
I could use some help. I have 2017 Giulia TI with the 8.8 inch screen and HK Premium sound. My Map is vers 991.8525.

I initially used a 256gb usb drive formatted with NTFS and used both the NAV and 3D Nav updates. Both times the car was fully on, in park and parking brake on and using the USB port below the AC. Nothing else plugged in to any of the USB ports other than the usb stick. Both times received the notices on the screen that the update could not be performed, but to try again later.

Next I tried a 16gb usb drive formatted with NTFS...tried both files again, with their respective licenses. Same conditions as above. But both times received the notices on the screen that the update could not be performed, but to try again later.

Any Advice?

Tire Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Car
Rectangle Font Slope Circle Art

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
991 map would indicate a very early map from around 2017.....
This could also indicate that you have a very early infotainment version. I would suggest you check this first (it's a menu option)
If you f.i. have an infotainment version 001.xxx.xxx, which was one of the first, this did not yet support map updates. You would first need to update your infotainment to latest version (002.010.043) before you can start updating maps......

Also have a look here :
How-to infotainment updates

441 - 460 of 507 Posts