Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a QV with a VIN in the 47000's.
I tried to use the nav. system to go to a restaurant nearby, but it couldn't find the street.

TomTom says the current map version is 990.
I have 971.7654.

Any have more recent?

Also Touchpad gesture is completely non functional.
Anyone have a different experience?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,438 Posts
I just wish TomTom wouldn't shout directions SO LOUD.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Touchpad is not enabled yet.
It may not even be installed on MY17 and only come with MY18.
Nobody really knows at this point (other than maybe some folks at Alfa and Magneti Marelli)

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
You adjust nav volume through the settings menu.
Believe me, I have tried. I don't see any volume option at Settings/Infotainment/Navigate. Happy to be guided to the correct location. Also want to adjust phone volume. Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Normally you have to adjust volume up/down while that source is playing.
So, you can only do it when the system is giving Nav directions

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Although the is rather tangential to my original post, from the manual re Navigation:

"To access the “Volume” function, select it by turning the Rotary Pad and push the Rotary Pad to activate.
You can set the volume of the navigation messages using the Rotary Pad."

My experience is that this is 'sticky'.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I know we are dealing with a lot of electronic quirks in the new Giulia, and Magneti Marelli, but once you hear a Challenge Stradale Transmission Control Unit blip the throttle and bang through gears on a Ferrari F1 transmission, or the ZF on a Quadrifoglio, you will know it's all worth it. Pazienza tutti!
:D

Reactions: Vailoce

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
I have a QV with a VIN in the 47000's.
I tried to use the nav. system to go to a restaurant nearby, but it couldn't find the street.

TomTom says the current map version is 990.
I have 971.7654.

Any have more recent?

Also Touchpad gesture is completely non functional.
Anyone have a different experience?

Thanks.
I have the same version on a 43000s VIN

Apologies if my volume question has hijacked your thread.
It wasn't my intent to do so. Seemed a related question.

What is meant by "sticky"?

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Normally you have to adjust volume up/down while that source is playing.
So, you can only do it when the system is giving Nav directions
Thanks. That makes sense. I'll try it tomorrow.

Reads like an odd motion. Turning and pushing simultaneously?

To access the “Volume” function, select it by turning the Rotary Pad and push the Rotary Pad to activate. You can set the volume of the navigation messages using the Rotary Pad.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
'Stickey' means the setting 'sticks' after you change it (doesn't reset after power OFF).

Odd Motion (rotary dial)/

In Nav. (not settings):
Rotate to highlight volume;
Push to select it;
Rotate to adjust;
Push to set.

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Success! Wasn't intuitive to me that I had to be navigating to adjust the volume. I made a similar adjustment to the phone and am now happier. Thanks for all the help.

I do wish the factory volume wasn't set at max. Somewhere in the middle (I think I chose 15) would be preferable. I also wish the entertainment system manual had been included in the bundle that came with the car (and takes up most of its meager glove box). I didn't know there was a separate manual. It was easy to find and download once I learned of its existence.

I'm wondering what settings aren't sticky. I'd find readjusting everything constantly very frustrating.

·
Registered
343 Posts
S I also wish the entertainment system manual had been included in the bundle that came with the car (and takes up most of its meager glove box). I didn't know there was a separate manual. It was easy to find and download once I learned of its existence.
I have the run flat tires, so no spare and no pump. I used the area under the trunk floor where the pump would go for all the manuals. I just keep registration and insurance in glove compartment. And it now has room for other stuff!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts