Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yawn. Other than the exclusive Circuito Grey paint which I don’t care for, there’s nothing really exclusive about this “paint and decals” parts bin special. Unless the article is missing details, the equipment items are otherwise available on the standard Quadrifoglio or via the dealer parts department, aftermarket vendors like Madness or Alibaba.

If I was building a NRING special edition, it would have cheater tires like Toyo Proxes R888R or BFGoodrich g-Force R1S. Something that’s more aggressive than the OE Pirelli PZero Corsa System. I’d also add an active rear wing element. And perhaps a rear seat delete/ bolt in half roll cage combo with racing harnesses.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,773 Posts
"Wolf in sheep's clothing" taken a bit too far?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,773 Posts
It was reportedly listed as a $2k option on the alfaromeousa website vehicle configurator when you selected Quadrifoglio trim level sometime in January. But it doesn’t appear to be there now. Chances are it will appear as a regular option on the 2019 model year Quadrifoglio.
Not surprising. Fiat charges a lot for a black (not carbon) hood on the 124 Abarth Spider.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Wonder if that Gray is like the "Primer Gray" that is common on many German cars...If you scroll through the pics on the bottom there is a gray 4 C with what appears to be 2 Carbon Fiber stripes with the Serpent interwoven between the stripes...That looks GREAT !!

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Meh...

some paint & decals....should have been tweeked a bit...different rims, maybe a more aggressive suspension?....about time they gave us a CF roof unpainted....
that was the best thing about my E92 & F80....why in the **** people got sun-roofs in them was beyond me:grin2:
I'm sure they will find people to pony up the extra $$$ for the lipstick & make-up

·
Registered
35 Posts
I do wish that getting the carbon grille, mirrors, and shift knob were factory options. All three of those are a pain to install after buying the car.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,016 Posts
Yawn. Other than the exclusive Circuito Grey paint which I don’t care for, there’s nothing really exclusive about this “paint and decals” parts bin special. Unless the article is missing details, the equipment items are otherwise available on the standard Quadrifoglio or via the dealer parts department, aftermarket vendors like Madness or Alibaba.

If I was building a NRING special edition, it would have cheater tires like Toyo Proxes R888R or BFGoodrich g-Force R1S. Something that’s more aggressive than the OE Pirelli PZero Corsa System. I’d also add an active rear wing element. And perhaps a rear seat delete/ bolt in half roll cage combo with racing harnesses.

It wouldnt be a Nurburgring Edition then would it? The car that went around the 'Ring in record time was fully showroom stock, no roll bars, no slicks, all 4 seats but with a pair of jeans, tshirt and a Rolex watch ... that was the whole point of the exercise

perhaps each Nring Edition should come with a Fabio Francia autographed white tshirt, a pair of faded Levis and a Rolex option

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
It wouldnt be a Nurburgring Edition then would it? The car that went around the 'Ring in record time was fully showroom stock, no roll bars, no slicks, all 4 seats but with a pair of jeans, tshirt and a Rolex watch ... that was the whole point of the exercise

perhaps each Nring Edition should come with a Fabio Francia autographed white tshirt, a pair of faded Levis and a Rolex option

I'm in for the T-Shirt:grin2:
Watching that video is always a hoot for me....guy is very casual/calm driving der Ring at 10/10ths...with the occasional frantic wheel correction!>:)

I had a funny T-Shirt with the car story.told to me...(actually it was a Polo shirt)..made me smile, what a parent will do for his kid0:)

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
but back to the Car....

this is really no different than a BMW M3 30jahr...or an LRP edition etc... which were really cosmetic effects and special paint color...paired to a limited number production....

what would be interesting to see is if somewhere down the line they offer a "bumped-up" QV version...maybe a bit more ponies, revised suspension/brakes to supplement the new Hp....not so much that it is lighter...as this still is a sedan....ie: regular F80 M3 & F80 M3 Comp Pk.
they could call it a QV Competizione? or QV Modificato???:wink2:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
this is really no different than a BMW M3 30jahr...or an LRP edition etc... which were really cosmetic effects and special paint color...paired to a limited number production....

what would be interesting to see is if somewhere down the line they offer a "bumped-up" QV version...maybe a bit more ponies, revised suspension/brakes to supplement the new Hp....not so much that it is lighter...as this still is a sedan....ie: regular F80 M3 & F80 M3 Comp Pk.
they could call it a QV Competizione? or QV Modificato???:wink2:
QV Evoluzione :grin2:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

I think the Nring edition really only needs one thing: a set of rather large brass balls signed by Fabio Francia hanging from the rear view mirror. Watching his run made me wince half a dozen times...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts