Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,215 Posts
eh, pure conjecture, as always. Not a ron fan.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ron credits the Italian car gossip forums where a cropped screenshot showed up... but the actual source of the info is this guy's Linkedin:

Code:
https://it.linkedin.com/in/marco-licheri-016468151

·
Registered
35 Posts
What good does a refresh do if you are not actively advertising the car?

"Hey, I have a great product but I am not going to tell you about it. And I am going to update it and make it better, but I am not going to tell you about it."

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Sprint
120 Posts
"Hey, I have a great product but I am not going to tell you about it. And I am going to update it and make it better, but I am not going to tell you about it."
Alfa's done that since forever. It's why the marque is such a mystery to car plebs and further why 98% of the internet's armchair experts have no clue what they're talking about.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ron credits the Italian car gossip forums where a cropped screenshot showed up... but the actual source of the info is this guy's Linkedin:

Code:
https://it.linkedin.com/in/marco-licheri-016468151
Considering that is the guy's CV, that is a pretty good source.

I think it makes sense that the Giulia and Stelvio will receive the Tonale face to keep the family similar. I am just glad they waited for 2023 as I really wanted to own the current design, much more organic. The Tonale, with the metal Scudetto, is more futuristic. I can get that later.

·
Registered
47 Posts

And they will probably never actively advertise the products, especially with Larry Dominique at the helm. He's made it very clear that he won't accept any marketing unless it has to do with community awareness.

·
Registered
437 Posts
And they will probably never actively advertise the products, especially with Larry Dominique at the helm. He's made it very clear that he won't accept any marketing unless it has to do with community awareness.
I did not see a single official Alfa Romeo advertisement during the Columbus Day parade broadcast on ABC 7 (NY/NJ/CT). I did see a few dealer ads from White Plains Maserati and White Plains Alfa . They were a little stereotypical for my tastes, but at least the dealer was smart enough to advertise when their main customer segment would be watching.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did not see a single official Alfa Romeo advertisement during the Columbus Day parade broadcast on ABC 7 (NY/NJ/CT). I did see a few dealer ads from White Plains Maserati and White Plains Alfa . They were a little stereotypical for my tastes, but at least the dealer was smart enough to advertise when their main customer segment would be watching.
Yep, and in an interview with Dominique, he explicitly something along the lines of paraphrase "if anyone brought to me an idea that involved advertising at the Super Bowl, they're fired"

·
Registered
172 Posts
That would be odd as they just did a refresh for 2020 and another one for 2022. Why do a Lexus IS-style extensive refresh a year later?

I hope we do get a heavily revised Giulia on the Giorgio platform before Alfa goes EV. A new exterior, interior, and more refined engine options are needed. However doing this a couple years after two refreshes seems suspect.

·
Registered
172 Posts

Alfa has so much wasted potential. Just advertise your damn products and show some effort. Genesis is a relatively new brand yet is far more successful than Alfa. People know of their existence that's why. Even Tesla, while they do not advertise directly, benefits from free advertising daily due to their tech nature and Trump-like CEO (point being, a guy whose philosophy is that no press is bad press).

·
Registered
437 Posts
That would be odd as they just did a refresh for 2020 and another one for 2022. Why do a Lexus IS-style extensive refresh a year later?

I hope we do get a heavily revised Giulia on the Giorgio platform before Alfa goes EV. A new exterior, interior, and more refined engine options are needed. However doing this a couple years after two refreshes seems suspect.
2022 is unchanged. 2020 got the interior center console update. 2023 would be new headlights/bumpers etc. A real update.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,163 Posts
I was watching the latest vlog of 'Seen through glass' where Sam goes on a roadtrip from the UK to Monaco, and he goes car spotting in Montecarlo. I dont think I saw a single Alfa Romeo in the entire video(s). (And Sam knows Alfas, having owned the 4C and made some great videos about the Giulia early on in its lifecycle). Baffles the mind.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was watching the latest vlog of 'Seen through glass' where Sam goes on a roadtrip from the UK to Monaco, and he goes car spotting in Montecarlo. I dont think I saw a single Alfa Romeo in the entire video(s). (And Sam knows Alfas, having owned the 4C and made some great videos about the Giulia early on in its lifecycle). Baffles the mind.
Paul of Supercars of London showed a Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio

also, TopGear had a Giulia GTAm in this video:

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Alfa's done that since forever. It's why the marque is such a mystery to car plebs and further why 98% of the internet's armchair experts have no clue what they're talking about.
Please put your above post in your personal calendar and re-post it every other week. Someday, people will get it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
While he does waffle on and repeat himself quite a bit, i appreciate that there's someone who is actually putting news/content/rumors out there for this segment. IMHO
True. I’ve been watching Ron for a while now, (maybe a year) and I’ve been amazed at how much content he puts out for a brand that only has 3 (arguably 2) active models on the market. It seems as though most of what he represents as fact, is fact and the rumors and conjecture are represented as such. So, I can’t be overly critical of such content. Basically, he doesn’t have a lot to work with. But like most of us here, it looks like he is passionate about the brand and I can’t argue with that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts