Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dealer near me said July will be when the 2019's will begin production!

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
275 Posts
Congrats! Did your dealer tell you what the changes are for 2019? I am about to work with mine tomorrow on a 2019. What is the spec that you are getting?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats! Did your dealer tell you what the changes are for 2019? I am about to work with mine tomorrow on a 2019. What is the spec that you are getting?
Nothing major, dealers don't really know much. Only MacGeek knows!:wink2:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On April 31st I ordered a 2019 Guilia Ti Sport, Montecarlo Blue/Tan-black interior, sport leather seats, performance package, 19" wheels with staggered summer tires (just in time for winter), 8.8 with nav., red calipers, bi-xenon, driver assist. static package, HK Premium audio, RWD.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
On April 31st I ordered a 2019 Guilia Ti Sport, Montecarlo Blue/Tan-black interior, sport leather seats, performance package, 19" wheels with staggered summer tires (just in time for winter), 8.8 with nav., red calipers, bi-xenon, driver assist. static package, HK Premium audio, RWD.
Plenty of time to adjust your lifestyle to prepare to spend time with your new family member. Okay it is after all JUSTA car but what a car:smile2:

I could hardly wait 2 weeks for delivery but then again I wanted it off that lot asap.

·
Registered
537 Posts
@JerryIII, I was told today they’ll all have CarPlay and heated rear seats, not sure about anything else.

Reactions: giovacchini

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@JerryIII, I was told today they’ll all have CarPlay and heated rear seats, not sure about anything else.
What brand are the Summer tires that come with the sport package offset wheels?

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
I suspect they are Pirellis.

Reactions: giovacchini

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
That would be page 21 of the 41 page 2018 Giulia catalog I have.

Why didn't I get HK then? That is on the page also and the dealer promised.

I think they will admit that was a bit of a blunder on their part and including something that was not fully tested or shipping early additions out without it being on there. It also is that dealerships really don't know much about the cars and that goes for a lot of marquees. I knew more about tow weight and the calculation then any of the dealers for the truck. For CarPlay I asked the salesman at a very well referenced dealer on this forum if the Ti Sport had CarPlay. He said YES. I dug in and noticed that the exact same car was listed for the exact same internet price but the Base Price was $200 different. I asked the sales guy why. He said "oh I don't know they are EXACTLY the same". Well I am a I don't trust what anyone says so I printed off both of the stickers. One had pre-wire one had Installed and that is where the $200 on the sticker came in at. So when I ordered it I called out that specific stock number so it would show up on my sales contract. I ended up getting a QV without carplay so $35-40k more I ended up not getting car play anyway. I will wait until there is a Stelvio on a lot with working car play and I will test it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
August Vacation

I talked with Alfa Cares yesterday and asked about rumors that the Cassino plant closes for the month of August.
She said they are aware of those rumors, but the plant does not close during the month of August.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I talked with Alfa Cares yesterday and asked about rumors that the Cassino plant closes for the month of August.
She said they are aware of those rumors, but the plant does not close during the month of August.
clearly the Alfa-Care rep you spoke to is not Italian:grin2:
Italy does indeed close for vacation in August....it is a big time for people to take there time off UNLESS they live in areas that are dependent on tourism...
but as @MacGeek stated, the factory does close as do many others at that time....its a European thingy.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you Mac Geek!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts