Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post to the forum, and have been following along the discussions for quite some time.

I have a question for those who have received their 2018 Giulias, as to whether or not there has been any change/modifications to the factory stop/start system. The reason I am inquiring is due to just returning from three weeks in France, and my rental car happened to be a 2018 Fiat Tipo, turbo diesel/manual car. I picked this car up at CDG and it literally had 5 km showing on the odometer. So, when I started the car, sure enough, the stop/start system was on. I located the button to disable it, and a green icon lit up on the dash. That's all fine, etc., but the curious part is part is that next time I started the car, that green icon reappeared and the car still had stop/start disabled. It remembered!

Three weeks and 4500 kms later, the stop/start system remained disabled with no input from me. I thought that this was just great.

So, has anyone checked this out on their MY2018 cars. I have driven four 2017 Giulias so far, and I have to say, I did not appreciate having to re-hit the button each time.

Ciao,

Jay

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Picking mine up (from the detail, ppf shop) today, will check into this.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I just tried this on our MY18.
It did not remember.
Still have to press the button after each restart to disable the start-stop feature.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
653 Posts
I just tried this on our MY18.
It did not remember.
Still have to press the button after each restart to disable the start-stop feature.
All new US cars will have this annoying start-stop system on them in the next year or so and, frustratingly, they will always default back to the “on” setting. The Fed Gov’t set gas mileage efficiency standards, effective I believe in 2020, and vehicle manufacturers can claim a mileage efficiency credit for the start-stop system. In order to claim the credit, the system has to default to the on setting. If it doesn’t, they don’t get to claim the credit. So we are all stuck with this useless annoyance.
Fortunately, I think the Giulia’s system is pretty good. The one on my Audi was much rougher.

Reactions: BGorilla

·
Registered
71 Posts
but with this being an Alfa, i do expect it to one day not restart my car and in the worst possible situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts