Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,754 Posts
I will expect increases in the MSRPs from the 2017 models.
From what I see on the newly revised configurator, the base price is unchanged but all of the options are more expensive. Some of the options are a lot more expensive.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
From what I see on the newly revised configurator, the base price is unchanged but all of the options are more expensive. Some of the options are a lot more expensive.
Which configurator are you using? The US one only shows 2017 Giulia built capabilities.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
According to our local Alfa Dealer (Germany) the MY18 Version will not have significant updates. He told me today that Apple Car Play and Android Audio is already pre installed in the Software of the car and just has to be "unlocked" with an software update. He wasn't informed about the Harman Kardon Audio System becoming a standard feature of the QV. Let's see what happens.... Just for info: he told me, that they have to tell the QV buyers in Germany on collection day that they only are officially allowed to activate race mode on a track and not in the normal road traffic. Quirky smile from me :>

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Which configurator are you using? The US one only shows 2017 Giulia built capabilities.....
Yes, the configurator still says 2017 even though a 2017 Giulia can no longer be ordered. Never the less, the prices for just about everything has increased compared to 2 months ago. I specifically noticed that Trofeo White went from $2000 to $2200 and Competition Red went from $1600 (I think) also to $2200. Increases in other prices were more subtle, but there. The $48,000 car I was eye-ing is now $50500.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Yes, the configurator still says 2017 even though a 2017 Giulia can no longer be ordered. Never the less, the prices for just about everything has increased compared to 2 months ago. I specifically noticed that Trofeo White went from $2000 to $2200 and Competition Red went from $1600 (I think) also to $2200. Increases in other prices were more subtle, but there. The $48,000 car I was eye-ing is now $50500.
When I went to see the Giulia, I could not believe how affordable the car was for the vehicle you were getting. Alfa priced the 2017 Giulia to undercut the established small luxury makes. Comparing the car i choose with the options i got, nothing came close in price vs features, not Audi, not Lexus, not Mercedes. BMW was not even a consideration as their cars are so ugly for me. But I did have a feeling that the prices would rise sooner than later.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hmmm, the Giulia is expensive as it is considering the network or lack of thereof and the post sales bet owners are undertaking.

I'm afraid AR is going to shoot itself in the foot if the raise prices while they are still trying to rebuild the brand.

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
When I went to see the Giulia, I could not believe how affordable the car was for the vehicle you were getting. Alfa priced the 2017 Giulia to undercut the established small luxury makes. Comparing the car i choose with the options i got, nothing came close in price vs features, not Audi, not Lexus, not Mercedes. BMW was not even a consideration as their cars are so ugly for me. But I did have a feeling that the prices would rise sooner than later.
I'm not complaining about the pricing, just stating the facts.

I am probably not typical, but I would pay more to get some non-optional "features" removed from the car:

Replace push button start with a key switch ignition and mechanical steering lock. As a communication systems engineer, I am all too aware of all the things that go wrong with wireless communication.

Replace or supplement electric emergency brake with a mechanical brake.

Replace brake by wire with old fashioned "fail safe" brakes that retain some functionality after an electric or computer failure. Giulia has a parking brake, but no emergency brake. I assume the parking brake lacks an independent battery and electric system, although I could be wrong.

As-is I am inclined to remove the electrically operated steering lock, add a kill switch (remove power from the fuel pump) and try to wedge in a mechanical-hydraulic override brake somewhere, perhaps foot operated on the left side of the driver's foot well, fabricated from a drifter brake. This won't work around all issues that can go wrong with a computerized car, but at least a controlled stop should be possible.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
TW and RC were always $2200 when I configured the 2017 Q in the past few months.

The assumption that prices have increased is incorrect...... at least till the 2018 configurator comes out.....

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,482 Posts
I'm not complaining about the pricing, just stating the facts.

I am probably not typical, but I would pay more to get some non-optional "features" removed from the car:

Replace push button start with a key switch ignition and mechanical steering lock. As a communication systems engineer, I am all too aware of all the things that go wrong with wireless communication.

Replace or supplement electric emergency brake with a mechanical brake.

Replace brake by wire with old fashioned "fail safe" brakes that retain some functionality after an electric or computer failure. Giulia has a parking brake, but no emergency brake. I assume the parking brake lacks an independent battery and electric system, although I could be wrong.

As-is I am inclined to remove the electrically operated steering lock, add a kill switch (remove power from the fuel pump) and try to wedge in a mechanical-hydraulic override brake somewhere, perhaps foot operated on the left side of the driver's foot well, fabricated from a drifter brake. This won't work around all issues that can go wrong with a computerized car, but at least a controlled stop should be possible.
I remember the inertial fuel pump switch Fords had (still have?), which I used as an anti-theft device. I fooled myself a couple of times when I forgot I had activated it and the car wouldn't start.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,482 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
FYI, I just had my dealer tell me this morning that Navigation upgrade is a required upgrade now on quite a few configurations of the Giulia (Sport pack, lusso pack, etc).

2018s seem to be one step forward now that Carplay / Android Auto are standard, but two steps back in that some wheel choices still aren't available (bright 5 holes) and you are now forced into a $950 nav upgrade with a bunch of popular packages.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Has he posted lately? Maybe terminated for sharing 2018 information prematurely.
I have contacted him via PM, he stated there are no further news since what he has already told us.....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.