Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
So if I understand, if you buy a newer CSWM you can activate automatic seat heating in even a 2017 giulia?

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.2 JTDM
15 Posts
Sorry for hijacking the thread. I have retrofitted electric seats with heating and everything works except mirror memory? Does it work in your Giulia?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sorry for hijacking the thread. I have retrofitted electric seats with heating and everything works except mirror memory? Does it work in your Giulia?
i think the mirrors are different. The parts number of the mirrors changes with electric seats.
i think the mirrors with memory have position sensor, without electric seats/memory does not have it.
So I think you have to retrofit the mirrors with memory and maybe change the left mirror switch and right window switch.

offtopic :

have Someone a CSWM with software 9 (50557150) to sell?

·
Registered
15 Posts
i think the mirrors are different. The parts number of the mirrors changes with electric seats.
i think the mirrors with memory have position sensor, without electric seats/memory does not have it.
So I think you have to retrofit the mirrors with memory and maybe change the left mirror switch and right window switch.

offtopic :

have Someone a CSWM with software 9 (50557150) to sell?
Old memory presets that were saved moved the mirrors and adjusted them to the correct position. But I am unable to save any new positions. When I recall a new preset nothing happens except seat adjusting.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Old memory presets that were saved moved the mirrors and adjusted them to the correct position. But I am unable to save any new positions. When I recall a new preset nothing happens except seat adjusting.
did you try a proxy alignment, as maybe the new cswm module needs to be told there are mirrors with memory present ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
did you try a proxy alignment, as maybe the new cswm module needs to be told there are mirrors with memory present ?
Yes, tried a few times. I get these errors in the BCM

Maybe there are different modules in the doors?

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
470 Posts
Bumping old thread. I installed a version 9.0 CSWM (bought used off ebay for cheap) in my 2017, and changed byte 74 to AB. Originally it was A2. Did the proxi and I now have a disabled easy exit option! I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the auto-on driver comfort options?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Bumping old thread. I installed a version 9.0 CSWM (bought used off ebay for cheap) in my 2017, and changed byte 74 to AB. Originally it was A2. Did the proxi and I now have a disabled easy exit option! I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the auto-on driver comfort options?
if original byte was A2 then correct value for you should be AA, easy entry is 3rd bit in byte.

byte 74 - easy entry menu:
xxxx0xxx - not present
xxxx1xxx - present

by changing it to AB, you also activate menu option to disable passenger airbag, not sure if it works on NAFTA cars. check your infotainment I think under Safety should be option to disable/enable passenger airbag.

as for auto-on comfort option these two bytes should be changed.
byte 78 - auto-on comfort
x0xxxxxx - disabled
x1xxxxxx - enabled

byte 148 - auto-on comfort menu
xx0xxxxx - not present
xx1xxxxx - present

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
if original byte was A2 then correct value for you should be AA, easy entry is 3rd bit in byte.

byte 74 - easy entry menu:
xxxx0xxx - not present
xxxx1xxx - present

by changing it to AB, you also activate menu option to disable passenger airbag, not sure if it works on NAFTA cars. check your infotainment I think under Safety should be option to disable/enable passenger airbag.

as for auto-on comfort option these two bytes should be changed.
byte 78 - auto-on comfort
x0xxxxxx - disabled
x1xxxxxx - enabled

byte 148 - auto-on comfort menu
xx0xxxxx - not present
xx1xxxxx - present
Hello

do you think it works with CWSM with software before 9.0?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Do you think If I buy a new it could work?
used one will work too. but it also depends on other things like infotainment software version and body.
you'll need to test it as it's still not 100% clear what is needed for 100% result.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
470 Posts
@Drew
I can not find 50557150
Maybe i buy it new
You can get it online at a MOPAR part site.

@shpuncik you are correct. byte 74 being AB does not present passenger airbag option, so I will change to AA. Unless there is some other byte that needs to show the option, but I do not care about that option really.

Also @shpuncik since my byte 78 is 00, it should be 40 then? and byte 148 is 00 as well so it should be 20? Just confirming.

·
Registered
580 Posts
since my byte 78 is 00, it should be 40 then? and byte 148 is 00 as well so it should be 20? Just confirming.
@Drew that's correct.
it could be that passenger disable menu option is market/country specific and won't be visible even if enabled.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
470 Posts
Well I made the changes and the auto comfort option showed up, but when I enable it, it sets itself back to off. May need a different hex to put in that.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well I made the changes and the auto comfort option showed up, but when I enable it, it sets itself back to off. May need a different hex to put in that.
it could be that some software is older version than required in some modules. it's still not clear what else is needed to activate auto-on comfort successfully.
read somewhere that it also depends on body, climate control, infotainment software versions but nobody knows for sure.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts