Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This car is just so much **** fun. Perfect extra car for me and I'm really impressed...and that is hard to do. Love this new toy.

Huge thank you to Nyle Maxwell Afla in Austin. Brent and the entire crew were amazing to work with and had me in and out in no time!

Attachments

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Well done and good taste! :)

Reactions: ATXQUAD

·
Registered
49 Posts
Excellent choice!

I was debating for a long time whether to go for white or Comp Red, looks like both are excellent choices!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations. Beautiful car!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys...cheers.

I went for some serious spirited driving today while roads are nice and empty. Whoa momma this thing is just a blast to drive --race mode pops are nice out of exhaust. And it's one of those cars I think I'm doing 50 when I'm doing 75...oops.

- Like the infotainment (split screen is a must for me)
- Stereo is nice
- Steering is about as good as it gets
- Not wild about run flats, but these really are not terrible
- Very nice paddles
- Great acceleration
- It's Italian...I mean what's not to love

Still learning some of the tricks, but I can say bravo Alfa! Certainly understand the 2018 MT COTY award now.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
- Not wild about run flats, but these really are not terrible
I do not think that Giulia Quadrifoglio comes with runflats; it comes with summer track tires.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I do not think that Giulia Quadrifoglio comes with runflats; it comes with summer track tires.
Maybe they are--they have some chatter like run flats, so made assumption. I'll look later when I'm home.

It doesn't bother me either way.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Maybe they are--they have some chatter like run flats, so made assumption. I'll look later when I'm home.

Stock tires are Pirelli P Zero Corsas. Super soft when warmed up and driven in warm climates but like hockey pucks when it gets around 40° and below.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts

Giulia steering geometry chatters when turned hard, like in a parking lot. More tire grip==more chatter. The car is optimized for on road handling, not parking lot behavior.

Giulia in R or D mode on the default shock setting is apparently pretty hard for anything other than smooth pavement. Push the button in the middle of the DNA knob to soften the dampeners.

As pointed out by Simey, don't expect traction from summer tires (P-zero Corsas or otherwise) when it is cold.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
This car is just so much **** fun. Perfect extra car for me and I'm really impressed...and that is hard to do. Love this new toy.
Nice. What else is in your fleet, and how do you decide which to drive?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice. What else is in your fleet, and how do you decide which to drive?
See garage tab. Just sold 458 (may regret that) and have GT3RS and Quad now. Thinking about 720 or maybe 570 spider for spring. In between what to get next. A lot of fun things coming this year. Still praying my dealer will allocate me a GT2RS, but know I for sure will get '19 GT3RS allocation. Other than that I buy on spur of moment. Couple of friends kept telling me to get quad, so pick up phone and had it a few hours later. Love the car so far.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
that's one **** of a sexy Porsche and I don't say that too often :D
been very lucky to be able to drive a 996 GT3, 997 GT3RS & a 991 GT3RS....all belonged to the same friend...and his Carmine Red GT3RS is absolutely SICK....he had a Signal Green 997 which after I drove it told him it can't get any better than this...WRONG....the 991 is everything+....
I'd hold onto that car....even as good as a GT2RS will be...the Porsche 911 family of cars is just on the money:grin2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is so great to see someone with such fine taste and experience with exotics giving the Giulia this amount of praise.

What I love about my Alfa’s (I’m on #7) is that they also bring so much joy to others, i get a comment about my G every day and I always catch people staring/longing/drooling over it from every walk of life.

This ^ is a statement of truly great design that only very few can match.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I got picked up in this QUAD by an UBER guy and he took me to the airport !! His was special....he had
"Run Flats" ....:laugh:

Reactions: Quadrifoglio
1 - 20 of 39 Posts