Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cut off the bottom foam piece blocking access to the rectangular storage space next to the fuse box in the trunk. I fit a scissor jack, tire repair kit, air compressor, wheel lug socket with breaker bar, some small tools, rags, and rope. The non-run flat tires will replace the OEM tires on Thursday.
Grey Road surface Rectangle Asphalt Gas
Rectangle Asphalt Tints and shades Font Trunk
Tool Cosmetics Hand tool Font Personal care

Registered
I cut off the bottom foam piece blocking access to the rectangular storage space next to the fuse box in the trunk. I fit a scissor jack, tire repair kit, air compressor, wheel lug socket with breaker bar, some small tools, rags, and rope. The non-run flat tires will replace the OEM tires on Thursday. View attachment 116356 View attachment 116357 View attachment 116359
This will only work of the tire isn't shredded. But for 99% of punctures, this is great 馃憤.

Registered
2017 Ti Q2

Premium Member
Thoughts on stop and go vs traditional tire repair kits? Amazon reviews are mixed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i believe some Israeli cars come with a spare ...
Since there is no spare tire well, the only option is a fancy bag for the spare tire using 60% of the space. Not a good option for me.

Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
i was thinking there may be a part number for the spare tyre well - if practical

Registered
Perfect timing... Project Farm just did a video testing 5 different tire repair kits

• Love
Reactions: jnsd

Premium Member
Thoughts on stop and go vs traditional tire repair kits? Amazon reviews are mixed.
They suck...and I'm speaking from experience..but watch this anyway

get a regular rope repair kit, Safety Seal is the industry standard

I carry one of these in my car and one on my motorcycle with both the regular and slim plugs

Premium Member
Reactions: Crosshairs

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I鈥檝e used the gummy worm stuff for many years without problems. What I found was the black tar strips work best and brown ones not so much. Also, the slot the tool that pushes the tar strip in has to be at tip and not on side like one of them that I had and threw away.

No experience with on the plug and go other than a dry run test of squeezing a plug through the tool. It seems like it would do the job as well. I鈥檒l watch the video and maybe throw an old tar strip thing kit since there鈥檚 plenty of room.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They suck...and I'm speaking from experience..but watch this anyway

get a regular rope repair kit, Safety Seal is the industry standard

I carry one of these in my car and one on my motorcycle with both the regular and slim plugs
That鈥檚 a quality looking kit! I鈥檝e been disappointed with the crap at Autozone.

Registered
In case anyone wants to go the actual spare tire route, there is a way even for QV. Standard Giulia is a direct bolt on, the QV requires a 17mm spacer and longer bolts. Everything fits in a bag that is in the trunk. It does take up some space, but not that bad and I hardly ever put anything in the trunk anyway.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

I'll get a post up in a bit with all the info, but basically this is from a KOM kit that I sourced from a UK seller with some other necessary changes to fit QV. The QV e-brake caliper is the biggest problem point and the 17mm spacer is needed for that. For the front it almost fits as-is, only a 3mm spacer would be needed there to clear the QV caliper.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wish I has watched those videos before buying the mushroom plug kit!

Registered
In case anyone wants to go the actual spare tire route, there is a way even for QV. Standard Giulia is a direct bolt on, the QV requires a 17mm spacer and longer bolts. Everything fits in a bag that is in the trunk. It does take up some space, but not that bad and I hardly ever put anything in the trunk anyway. View attachment 116376

View attachment 116377

I'll get a post up in a bit with all the info, but basically this is from a KOM kit that I sourced from a UK seller with some other necessary changes to fit QV. The QV e-brake caliper is the biggest problem point and the 17mm spacer is needed for that. For the front it almost fits as-is, only a 3mm spacer would be needed there to clear the QV caliper.
I am in the UK and have a QV. Can you please PM me a link for the seller and the spacers?

Registered
Pm sent..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts