Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
letMeIn said::
As far as tow, trust me Im counting my lucky stars I didn't have to use it. Thats why I kept on trying to start the car while waiting. Last thing I want is to have this car f-ed up while getting on a flat bed.
[/QUOTE]

You would be lucky to get a flatbed tow truck, which is what Alfa recommends. When my OEM battery died in my driveway one year after I bought my QV, with less than 5000 miles on it, the Alfacare rep insisted that it be transported to the dealer on a flatbed, not dolly towed, or it would void the warranty, and there's also the issue of being stuck in park, but their service contractor kept sending out trucks that didn't have a flatbed, or the tow company ignored what they specified, and I had to keep doublechecking with the companies that would be coming out--or they did they didn't have the right wheel sliders to roll or drag it it onto the flatbed when it is stuck in park--I didn't have the bolt to free the transmission--it took several days, but luckily when an appropriate tow truck got to me, they tried jump starting it again and this time they got it started (previous attempts had not worked), so it could be driven onto the flat bed, but it was still a little dangerous because of the jump at the bottom of the ramp from the boards they put down.

They replaced the battery under warranty, and I would hope and assume it's with a Mopar. It also needed an oil change and some rear bumper sensor repair at that time also

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not sure where you draw this conclusion. I've used the fuel gauge consistently and reliably on my 2018 QV.
1/4 Tank indicated: 4 gallons left
First yellow fuel warning: 3 gallons left.
Second yellow light warning (no bars left): 2 gallons left
Red light warning: 1 gallon left
Had no idea! Great to know....

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you did have a fuel pump problem, or it scavenged air, you will have one or both of these codes, in ECM 1:

P008A-00 - Low Pressure Fuel System Pressure - Too Low
P0087-00 - Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low - Bank 1

Check for these codes. If they're not there, probably it's a battery issue.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
I got the bolt from Alfissimo but hadn't thought of preemptively threading it in..How secure is that? Could you provide some more detail please?
Just turn it in a few turns obviously not all the way in. It’s semi-secure and after some hard driving it can certainly fall out. I’ve had it fall out. But you’re only losing a $1 bolt. You don’t need a special bolt. Mostly Anything same size and length will work. Keep one in glove box and one in trans.

·
Registered
737 Posts
When my QV had to travel to an Alfa dealer on a flatbed, when the mechanic returned it to me, he told me he had left the ZF's neutral bolt partially screwed in. I haven't checked it lately, but think I will put on a dab of Blue Loctite so it says put. I carry the 10mm wrench in my trunk in a small tool bag. NV

·
Registered
4 Posts
2018 Alfa QV with about 5800 miles.

1) I was low on fuel, little less than a 1/4 in the tank. Had yellow warning message. I was driving the car in economy mode, and had auto start/stop engaged when I pulled to wash the car. If fuel gauge was showing little less than 1/4 gas in the tank, and mileage was showing " ------- " , could that cause the car to randomly shut off ? Last year, I had an incident where fuel gauge was still showing empty tank right after refueling. Had to disconnect the battery to reset the computer and get proper reading
If you are still getting the "------" when the yellow light comes on, you are missing a software update. That might have something to do with it. I had that updated on my 2018 over a year ago.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Had no idea! Great to know....
Can vouch for my fuel gauge also. Have ran it to zero a hand ful of times because I only put blended E85 and 93 in it. So have to go to certain stations. My guage is spot on.

Literally got gas yesterday with--- miles left and it nearly perfectly matched the gas tank amount when I filled it up. Maybe some gas gauges are off but I would say for sure not all.

Make sure all of your software is updated and you should be good as far as that goes.

Reactions: JeFizz

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,776 Posts
Can vouch for my fuel gauge also. Have ran it to zero a hand ful of times because I only put blended E85 and 93 in it. So have to go to certain stations. My guage is spot on.

Literally got gas yesterday with--- miles left and it nearly perfectly matched the gas tank amount when I filled it up. Maybe some gas gauges are off but I would say for sure not all.

Make sure all of your software is updated and you should be good as far as that goes.
Mine is pretty damned close too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
looked at it quickly, seems dry. Will dig in deeper later on..

As far as handbrake, do you guys know how to manually release it in case you have to push the car ? When car is off.
You need a bolt for the parking brake but you also need a 6m bolt for the transmission to get it in neutral .
It is installed under the car on the side of the transmission on the passenger side .

41 - 51 of 51 Posts