Interior
8.8-Inch AM / FM / HD Bluetooth® Radio $0

After discount $43285

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,092 Posts
Very nice. Good luck finding a Ti without a sunroof.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
954 Posts
Very nice. Good luck finding a Ti without a sunroof.
The double pane sunroof is an expensive option but so worth it. I saw the Giulia without it but the glass roof was a must have for me. Looks even better on lighter color cars (white especially) for the contrast look. I love just having the sunshade retracted and letting ambient lighting through from the top in sunny Miami. It feels very open and not as claustrophobic. The sunroof when retracted looks super cool. Almost the entire glass sunroof is retracted on the top of the car and looks awesome. I also get many stares when I have the sunroof open.

·
Registered
9,092 Posts
The double pane sunroof is an expensive option but so worth it. I saw the Giulia without it but the glass roof was a must have for me. Looks even better on lighter color cars (white especially) for the contrast look. I love just having the sunshade retracted and letting ambient lighting through from the top in sunny Miami. It feels very open and not as claustrophobic. The sunroof when retracted looks super cool. Almost the entire glass sunroof is retracted on the top of the car and looks awesome. I also get many stares when I have the sunroof open.
I ended up with one. While everything you say is true, the downsides are increased weight and decreased headroom. I like leaving the sunshade open on sunny winter days to get some solar heat.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Love the sunroof! It was a must for me since it's always sunny here. I also like that even with the sunshade closed, light comes in...helps make the interior with black leather, not so dark.

My dream would be a QV with the sunroof. I'd be willing to give up a few lbs to have it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you're somewhat tall, the sunroof is a no go. My head was hitting the ceiling and I'm only 6'2". I had no issue in a car with no sunroof.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,921 Posts
If you're somewhat tall, the sunroof is a no go. My head was hitting the ceiling and I'm only 6'2". I had no issue in a car with no sunroof.
I agree, although I am not as tall as you.

Maybe it's my northern European genes (I am very cold tolerant and heat intolerant), but I don't like having the sun beating down on me. I've had 2 vehicles with sunroofs, and will not buy another even if it is tossed in for free. I also used to own a rag top, and I am not going there again either. The only real use I ever found for a sun roof is to crack it open while the vehicle is parked in the sun to let heat out. Then my wife left it cracked open on a rainy day and you can guess about the mess that made. Also, after a while it seems likely to me that the seals will fail.

To each his own.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Maybe it's my northern European genes (I am very cold tolerant and heat intolerant), but I don't like having the sun beating down on me. I've had 2 vehicles with sunroofs, and will not buy another even if it is tossed in for free. I also used to own a rag top, and I am not going there again either. The only real use I ever found for a sun roof is to crack it open while the vehicle is parked in the sun to let heat out. Then my wife left it cracked open on a rainy day and you can guess about the mess that made. Also, after a while it seems likely to me that the seals will fail.
LOL x2 on that, I prosperously avoid them for the same reasons. Saw my neighbors faces after they left their new Subaru open in the thunderstorm a few months ago! When we bought our SUV they wanted +$6k for a 'moon' roof. I gave a loud laugh when they asked if we'd be adding that ;)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If someone finds this unicorn or similar please message me. I would consider white
AND the roof if avaliable or in transit.

Also does anyone know a dealership that would be willing to discount deeply on a custom order?

The above price is $2750 off MSRP.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My Volcano Black Giulia has the sunroof and I am 6'2" with no issues in about 3,000 miles so far. I have not hit the roof area with my head once since I picked up my Giulia in March. My seat is set back a bit and I do not sit tilted way back in my seat...I actually sit pretty upright compared to most drivers (habits from my SCCA racing days).

So far so good with my sunroof...I'm glad I picked up a Giulia with that option. I love having a dark tinted glass roof too...very easy to take care of versus a full painted metal roof.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
If someone finds this unicorn or similar please message me. I would consider white
AND the roof if avaliable or in transit.

Also does anyone know a dealership that would be willing to discount deeply on a custom order?

The above price is $2750 off MSRP.
I'm a bit confused Nicola, you are getting a Q for yourself in Rosso Alfa. Is the Ti for the wife?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have to agree with you. I originally wasn't gonna get one with it but I'm glad I did. I love how open it makes it feel inside.

·
Registered
9,092 Posts
Playing devil's advocate, not sure why they would.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Was absolutely sure that I wanted a red Ti with the Sports Package....until I saw one at the dealer today. From all of the online pics I had seen, I was expecting to see Ferrari Red. What I found was that both the Rosso Competizione and the Rosso Alfa were way too dark. Nothing that I expected or wanted. I changed course and went with Alfa White because I think it looks great with the dark 5-hole wheels.

I also did not want a sunroof, but the dealer could not find a white Ti without a sunroof, even with a 750-mile search. I finally opted for a sunroof because it looks good on a white car and I didn't want to wait 3-4 months for a special order. I just never use mine on the cars I have and it wasn't something I wanted to pay for.

In the end, I get a great car on Thursday, if not Wednesday, and can enjoy it for this summer. Living in Cleveland, I don't expect to drive it much in the winter (salt!) so why wait? Tomorrow is promised to no-one.

·
Registered
9,092 Posts
Was absolutely sure that I wanted a red Ti with the Sports Package....until I saw one at the dealer today. From all of the online pics I had seen, I was expecting to see Ferrari Red. What I found was that both the Rosso Competizione and the Rosso Alfa were way too dark. Nothing that I expected or wanted. I changed course and went with Alfa White because I think it looks great with the dark 5-hole wheels.

I also did not want a sunroof, but the dealer could not find a white Ti without a sunroof, even with a 750-mile search. I finally opted for a sunroof because it looks good on a white car and I didn't want to wait 3-4 months for a special order. I just never use mine on the cars I have and it wasn't something I wanted to pay for.

In the end, I get a great car on Thursday, if not Wednesday, and can enjoy it for this summer. Living in Cleveland, I don't expect to drive it much in the winter (salt!) so why wait? Tomorrow is promised to no-one.
I'm in the same boat with regards to sunroofs, though when I have them I do open a few times a year.

My car will fitted with snows and see winter duty, as I don't have a winter car, though I may borrow a Jeep on the worst days.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My Volcano Black Giulia has the sunroof and I am 6'2" with no issues in about 3,000 miles so far. I have not hit the roof area with my head once since I picked up my Giulia in March. My seat is set back a bit and I do not sit tilted way back in my seat...I actually sit pretty upright compared to most drivers (habits from my SCCA racing days).

So far so good with my sunroof...I'm glad I picked up a Giulia with that option. I love having a dark tinted glass roof too...very easy to take care of versus a full painted metal roof.
I take it back. I sat in another one at the dealer with sunroof and had no problem at all. Do the seats have a height adjustment?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.