Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new TI . Just totally stoked!. Rare Monza Red wth Dark wood Accent which makes it even more special ??

Attachments

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Congrats, that color is beautiful!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Oh my god, that color is so incredible!!! I had no idea that was even an option - certainly not in the US. Good show! I just cannot get over how beautiful that color is!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Oh my god, that color is so incredible!!! I had no idea that was even an option - certainly not in the US. Good show! I just cannot get over how beautiful that color is!!
It isn't supposed to be a combination that is possible. However, I've seen a couple other dealers have colors paired with the Ti Sport package that shouldn't be allowed. For instance, a dealer in Idaho had a Ti Sport in Stromboli and Criswell in DC has a Ti Sport in Monza Red (the combination shown at the top of this thread).

I love the Monza with Sport pack... too bad my wife wouldn't have gone for that. Although we did try to order our Ti Sport in Stromboli (twice), and each time was told it wasn't possible. So I have no idea how a few of these dealers are able to get around the rules and build configurations that aren't supposed to be possible for the US market.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow! I saw that color on one car, but the dealer (Santa Monica) told me it wasn't available with the 19" wheels and the performance package. Liars!!! It looks great! I really like it. Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Got my new TI . Just totally stoked!. Rare Monza Red wth Dark wood Accent which makes it even more special ??
I love the blood red of your Ti. I think it's actually made with unicorn blood. It's a new color for the Ti they just added. Congrats :grin2:

That dark wood you mentioned, I think it's plastic. Does AR say what it actually is?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
To everyone, Thank you, will try to get a pic in the sunlight. Personally I liked it cuz it makes the car look so elegant and mysteriousbut the wheels give it a sinister look..lol. To answer some of the questions. as far as I was told it's the only one in Canada. the reason being, Alfa will build one off combinations to make them exclusive/unique/rare. and to top it off Alfa is discontinuing that color next year. Monza red was the original color of the Alfa racing team.

Racer Z, It is real wood , not smooth like you see in the Jags, but bumpy and coarse which is a nice touch IMHO ,btw The dealership had a list of the logos and your avatar is the logo during the war years cuz the factory was bombed by the allies so they made it all one color red logo.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome and hello from Seattle.
Stunning color, eh!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,153 Posts
To everyone, Thank you, will try to get a pic in the sunlight. Personally I liked it cuz it makes the car look so elegant and mysteriousbut the wheels give it a sinister look..lol. To answer some of the questions. as far as I was told it's the only one in Canada. the reason being, Alfa will build one off combinations to make them exclusive/unique/rare. and to top it off Alfa is discontinuing that color next year. Monza red was the original color of the Alfa racing team.

Racer Z, your avatar is the logo during the war years cuz the factory was bombed by the allies so they made it all one color red logo.
Don't forget to post your picture to the Monza red picture thread. There are no member's cars pictures posted yet, so you can be the first!

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/7...c-giulia-owners-picture-thread.html#post40970

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
"The dark wood you mentioned, I think it's plastic"

Racer Z?!?!

Alfa lists two wood trims, light and dark - I believe the dark is oak.
Personally I prefer the light, as then the interior reminds me of the GTV.
And I guess I show my age as the CF trim reminds me of plastic - really, how much weight is saved on interior trim vs a wood veneer? It's not like we are dealing with a slab of burled walnut from a 50's Jag - although I think that would be well worth the weight.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
815 Posts
Tell Giulia...

"Che bella che sei" for me. Great combo and "si" real wood trim for sure. Pls post pix inside and out. Grazie mille!:wink2:

·
Registered
178 Posts
It isn't supposed to be a combination that is possible. However, I've seen a couple other dealers have colors paired with the Ti Sport package that shouldn't be allowed. For instance, a dealer in Idaho had a Ti Sport in Stromboli and Criswell in DC has a Ti Sport in Monza Red (the combination shown at the top of this thread).

I love the Monza with Sport pack... too bad my wife wouldn't have gone for that. Although we did try to order our Ti Sport in Stromboli (twice), and each time was told it wasn't possible. So I have no idea how a few of these dealers are able to get around the rules and build configurations that aren't supposed to be possible for the US market.
What color is the Stromboli? I had not idea about these color combos. I showed my wife the Monza Red and now she wants it! Except in a Stelvio....

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just wonder is the Giulia will ever come in yellow. I have always wanted a yellow car, even though my wife says firmly "NO".

1 - 20 of 33 Posts