Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my foot on the brake and pushed the start button and the car did not start, but when I took my foot off the brake it started.
So, I turned it off and restated the car, only now the malfunction indicator light displayed.
So, I turned the car off and went to look up the warning light message.
Got back in the car and now it will not start. Nothing is working and cannot get the car in neutral.
Had to have to car towed using a special tow vehicle since the car will not go into neutral position.
It’s been in the shop for 20 days now and they don’t know what is wrong with the car!!!!!
They replaced the started and now it starts, but will not stay running and allot of other errors are displayed which I was told by the shop.
Has anybody experience these issues?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I put my foot on the brake and pushed the start button and the car did not start, but when I took my foot off the brake it started.
So, I turned it off and restated the car, only now the malfunction indicator light displayed.
So, I turned the car off and went to look up the warning light message.
Got back in the car and now it will not start. Nothing is working and cannot get the car in neutral.
Had to have to car towed using a special tow vehicle since the car will not go into neutral position.
It’s been in the shop for 20 days now and they don’t know what is wrong with the car!!!!!
They replaced the started and now it starts, but will not stay running and allot of other errors are displayed which I was told by the shop.
Has anybody experience these issues?
I'll bite. What did they replace? Was it a dead battery? What errors are displayed? Can you provide any background prior to this happening?

I think we need more information and specifics in order to help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They replaced the starter,
The battery is good.
They said it starts, but they have other issues. Not sure what other issues they have now, except it does not stay running.
Its still in the shop.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They replaced the starter,
The battery is good.
They said it starts, but they have other issues. Not sure what other issues they have now, except it does not stay running.
Its still in the shop.
What does Alfacare say?

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The local dealer can only do what the star center directs them to do, which makes the process even longer.
At this point the local shop does not know whats wrong. I get up dates three times a week from the customer care rep.
My care is attached below:

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
What does Alfacare say?
SEPCON, you didn't really answer this question, and it would help us a lot to know. Specifically, what did they say. Since you get updates from "customer care" three times a week, perhaps you could post them here. I can't speak for everyone, but I personally think it's really hard to help with vague bits of information.

Greg

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I'll take the bait. Are you for real? Answering the questions is a good way to get help and to assure people that you are not one of the few that make up phoney claims.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'll take the bait. Are you for real? Answering the questions is a good way to get help and to assure people that you are not one of the few that make up phoney claims.
It really upests me that any one who is reporting a problem is automatically assumed to be a troll, Alfa hater, biased journalist etc.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
There are many more important things to get upset about. With your limited Forum use almost all people are more than happy to give details about themselves and their cars. When some new member seems reluctant to do so it throws up caution signals. My post states obvious concerns about people trying to defame the car.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
It really upests me that any one who is reporting a problem is automatically assumed to be a troll, Alfa hater, biased journalist etc.
Because in this day in age, there is no way a dealer would not know what's wrong with the car. These cars are computers in 4 wheels and if the system detects an error, codes are stored and reported. If there is no error code stored, what keeps an engine running? The ECU, replace the ECU. 20 days in the shop with the techs not knowing that is wrong with the car is not normal as they are also guided by AR directly and I am sure AR knows every crevice on this car.

·
Registered
437 Posts

@RevToRed I fully agree with your sentiment, however we have seen time and time again of trolls on this forum.

I think by and large we're all willing to help but click bait titles with no information is far from constructive and the OP clearly hasn't been eager or forthcoming in communicating any specifics to actually help lead to a resolution.

Again, I'm / we are listening and want to help.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Although I don't like the idea that dealership techs need guidance from AR (I have an appointment on the 31st where they need to fix/check a small laundry list), I would think it is not too much to provide more details. If you sign up here with a complaint or problem without reply, than why are you here?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The star center does not know whats wrong with the car, so I can not give you any information, but the the start/stop symbol was lit along with the engine check malfunction indicated light was lit when I brought it in on Oct 2,2017.

The service manager said they replaced the started, but that did not work and now they have other problems, not sure what the other problems are, but I am looking for dumping this car. Its a great car when it runs.

They don't have any idea whats wrong with it. I was at the service shop today and the service advisor said he has another vehicle being towed in with the same issue as my car. I will find out if this other car does have the same issues as me and maybe we can team together and fight this and get all of our money back plus legal fees.

Please let me know if anybody is having these issues, teaming together will help get results.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The star center does not know whats wrong with the car, so I can not give you any information, but the the start/stop symbol was lit along with the engine check malfunction indicated light was lit when I brought it in on Oct 2,2017.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The ECU, replace the ECU. 20 days in the shop with the techs not knowing that is wrong with the car is not normal as they are also guided by AR directly and I am sure AR knows every crevice on this car.

I wood agree, but they told me they are not allowed to work on these cars without the guidance from the start center.
Let me know if you experience the same thing when you bring your car in .

·
Registered
580 Posts
SEPCON, still, no answers to the questions people have asked you. It's really hard to help in this situation. In your first post you clearly said "So, I turned the car off and went to look up the warning light message." WELL....what was the code?

You say you get messages from the Star Center. Post them. Help us help you.

Greg

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.