Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced similar?

Run out to your cars and check. I'll wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, Sherlock. Most likely scuffs from my shoes. The Dogs enter from the passenger side. Canine etiquette, you know.

Reactions: 407Guy

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Your shoe soles are tearing that up man....LIFT YOUR LEGS !!!!

Reactions: mc3456

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So no one thinks it's this bunch? Nest is about 30' away from our garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd agree... seems like the scuff lines meet the damage line?
I am being careful, and I don't recall any hard contact. I'll pay extra attention over the next few days. I certainly don't wear any spiky shoes.

I can't imagine not having similar contact when entering and exiting previous cars. No such damage to any of them.

Oh well, this will give me a reason to take my car in for all the software updates it probably needs. I'll PM my VIN to AlfaCares so they can let me know which ones it should receive.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah get that replaced as part of the warranty.. 'could' be wear and tear though those wasps look like total aholes too...
Anyone who tells me it's wear and tear after only 3-4 months runs the risk of being labeled (at least in my mind) an ahole.

I can't help but wonder whether there are any weatherstrip TSBs or RRTs. Hopefully AlfaRomeoCares will know.

Reactions: mc3456

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are not suppose the drive this car wearing stirrups.

I recommend Sparco high tops.
Are you sure you don't mean spurs?

I admit I have driven wearing Cole Haans and Merrells. However, neither seems capable of inflicting that much damage.

Reactions: Il_Conte

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Anyone who tells me it's wear and tear after only 3-4 months runs the risk of being labeled (at least in my mind) an ahole.

I can't help but wonder whether there are any weatherstrip TSBs or RRTs. Hopefully AlfaRomeoCares will know.
Didn't mean it should wear out by wearing your roller skates but meant if it turns out to be said skates or wasps then it's wear for warranty purposes... know what I mean...? :)

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am being careful, and I don't recall any hard contact. I'll pay extra attention over the next few days. I certainly don't wear any spiky shoes.

I can't imagine not having similar contact when entering and exiting previous cars. No such damage to any of them.

Oh well, this will give me a reason to take my car in for all the software updates it probably needs. I'll PM my VIN to AlfaCares so they can let me know which ones it should receive.
I checked on mine, yes they get scuffed getting in an out, the material Alfa uses on the seals seems very soft and thin compared to what I have on my 2001 Porsche, maybe it seals better, but I will keep an eye on durability.

·
Banned
264 Posts

Eh, who cares, did you not check the quality of the seals during your test drive? Who buys a car based on seals anyway, the car handles so well, you wont even notice the seals when the door is closed....You cant have a car that handles well AND has proper weatherstripping, that is like having a hot girlfriend that is a gourmet chef...stop complaining and enjoy the car..:wink2:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts