Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
541 - 560 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm always interested to know what car a person is leaving behind when they pick an exciting new car. For me, I have been driving a 2014 Audi S4 for about 4 years, which is a car that I have generally loved. I will miss the engine. I will not miss the steering at all, as I always found it to be very loose and not in line with the character of the car. In choosing a Giulia Ti Q4, my biggest fear is that I will not be satisfied with the 4 cylinder engine. I've driven the 4 cylinder on the Audi A4, and don't like it at all. I find it very unengaging. In my multiple test drives on the Giulia, though, I found the engine very sort of sporty and playful. Although the 0-60 time is a bit slower than on my S4, it has plenty of punch, and the real difference is that the car overall just feels sportier, which I think must go to the steering and overall handling. Fun to drive is not always defined just in the 0-60 time. What also took me on the Giulia is that the exterior and interior design are simply unlike any other car. Yes, the rear of the car has some familiarity out there, but overall, it just has very exciting lines from all angles, and the front of course is completely unique. I would describe the interior as functional and sporty, just like how the car feels to drive it... different from anything else. Combined with the fact that I will have the red interior, I just love it, and love the fact that no one else's car looks like mine. I will be curious to think about my opinions a month or so from now. I hope I will continue to find the 4 cylinder engine in the Giulia fun and engaging! My new car is Vulcano Black/Red interior, 19 inch sport package, Harmon Kardon, 8.8 inch screen/NAV, blind spot. No sunroof.. I think I'll be fine without it.
I sold my 2008 Porsche C4S and bought a 2018 Giulia base model. If I like it I will trade it for another one in sport package.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2000 BMW 528ias. I've had it for almost 15 years and have enjoyed it thoroughly. Everything is where it needs to be, there's nothing I don't need (nannies, etc.). I love the naturally aspirated six in contrast to the bunch of turbo 4s I have had during the last 15 years (VWs). It should easily go another 100k miles (155k now). etc. etc.
But my wife hates it, lots of little punch list items need to be addressed, the broken window regulator will cost $1,000 to fix, and I've been 'saving' money for a long time by not swapping out cars. So it's time for something new and good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L performance AWD
Handled like a dream, performance tuned suspension and exhaust all stock. The biggest thing I miss is the functionality of the front seat (extra thigh support, tilt function.) I've had the Giulia for 1 week now, the interior is nice, Dynamic mode is fun and I am hoping to grow into the seats and hopefully get used to them..

·
Registered
473 Posts
2000 BMW 528ias. I've had it for almost 15 years and have enjoyed it thoroughly. Everything is where it needs to be, there's nothing I don't need (nannies, etc.). I love the naturally aspirated six in contrast to the bunch of turbo 4s I have had during the last 15 years (VWs). It should easily go another 100k miles (155k now). etc. etc.
But my wife hates it, lots of little punch list items need to be addressed, the broken window regulator will cost $1,000 to fix, and I've been 'saving' money for a long time by not swapping out cars. So it's time for something new and good.
Nice! My Alfa replaced my 2003 325i w/ 80k on the ODO. We had it about 11 or 12 years and had begun running into similar problems. A lot of little repairs kept adding up while the list of mods meant I would be paying more to get the car to the place the Alfa is already at.

FYI, the window regulators are an easy fix. You can get the re-engineered window regulators at ECS for about $100. There pretty easy to install and won’t fail like to stock BMW ones do.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My 17 q4 ti replaced a 16 Dart 1.4l with 6 speed manual. I put everything on it that you can do to increase the power and just wasn’t happy. The 16 Dart replaced a Saturn Ion Redline that I built with ported head, stage 2 cams, E85 swap, full length header with 1 7/8” primarys and 3 inch header back and replaced the M62 supercharger with a TVS 1320. On the dyno the car made 372hp out of the 2.0lsj engine. So basically the dart was a let down from the start and I kept telling myself I bought it for the gas mileage as the Redline got 16mpg, but I missed the power. Now I’m pretty happy for the most part with the Alfa. It’s been a dream car for a few years and finally could financially get it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L performance AWD
Handled like a dream, performance tuned suspension and exhaust all stock. The biggest thing I miss is the functionality of the front seat (extra thigh support, tilt function.) I've had the Giulia for 1 week now, the interior is nice, Dynamic mode is fun and I am hoping to grow into the seats and hopefully get used to them..
I found the seats in my car also didn't offer enough thigh support.
I shimmed mine up, and so did my friend, and it made a world of difference.
If your comfort issue is that you don't have enough thigh support;
Check out this link in the forum:

Reactions: GottWhat

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting. I just figured out after a month that the seat bottom doesn’t tilt at all. Particularly weird as the controls feel like they will do it but no. . .

Fortunately the seat is very comfortable for me as is. I drive an hour each way to work and it’s been a very comfortable supportive ride. Seats remind me of the ones on a 90’s era 911. Flat but supportive.

·
Registered
2021 Ti Sport
22 Posts
My 2015 Camaro SS. It had Centrifugal SC with GM hot cam & heads. Fun and loud to drive for 6 years. It dyno‘d at 680 whp. It was just tiring as suspension was 1LE and did not like the local roads and was constantly feeling Every bump in the road. Looking forward to my new experiences in my Alfa.

·
Registered
2021 Ti Sport AWD Verde Visconti
81 Posts
2019 Audi A4 premium plus with black optic package.

·
Registered
2020 Ti Sport Alfa Rosso AWD
19 Posts
I replaced a 2016 Ford Fusion AWD with the Alfa Romeo. The Fusion is a good car but I needed something different. The Alfa is my first stray from Ford since the 1980’s.

Pete

·
Registered
118 Posts
I replaced my 2001 Dodge Ram toy (6.4 liter stroker, 425 hp/560 tq, and assorted other go fast goodies) Got tired of loud (really loud) exhaust, really poor aerodynamics and less than comfortable ride (fule milage isn't an issue as it's been paid off for over a decade). Still have the truck, but the 2018 Giulia is much more fun and relaxing to drive daily.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I replaced my 2001 Dodge Ram toy (6.4 liter stroker, 425 hp/560 tq, and assorted other go fast goodies) Got tired of loud (really loud) exhaust, really poor aerodynamics and less than comfortable ride (fule milage isn't an issue as it's been paid off for over a decade). Still have the truck, but the 2018 Giulia is much more fun and relaxing to drive daily.
Relaxing? You must not drive like me. haha. Nothing relaxing about that.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,927 Posts
I like that the Giulia can be driven enthusiastically or calmly. It adapts to your mood and is always ready to switch modes.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
597 Posts
I like that the Giulia can be driven enthusiastically or calmly. It adapts to your mood and is always ready to switch modes.
I agree. Especially with the adaptive suspension. The car goes from comfortable cruiser to stiff corner carver with a press of a button. It really is amazing how the suspension changes.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Sport, 1976 Alfetta GT, 2013 Soul +
15 Posts
88 Milano, 369k miles and 26 years. 10 days later this showed up: 2018 Sport, 30k miles.
Gee what I got for the Milano was not enough for a down payment on my Giulia down payment. But the Giulia "seems to have" better AirCon and a "little more" power. Giulia at P.H. 3-28-21.jpg Milano sold 3-22-21 sm.jpg

541 - 560 of 563 Posts