Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,927 Posts
Reactions: GottWhat

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q4
646 Posts
Wouldn't have been Berkley, would it? Love the A&W there. B-to-B.

I was in Rochester Hills at the time but have been to a few A&W, most have closed unfortunately. The TDI buyer owned a brewery in Berkeley, CA...I'll have to look him up if we go out that way for a vacation.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,894 Posts
Subaru BRZ. After eight years of coupes, I finally own a four-door sedan (hence the username).

I’m ready to deal with the 1,000+ “quirks” that come with owning an Alfa.

Cheers!
More like 110.

Reactions: finally4door

·
Registered
69 Posts
From Fiesta ST2 mapped to 230bhp, to the Veloce.

Veloce feels way quicker, comfier, more luxurious - jury is still out on ‘fun’. Veloce will likely lose that one but not by much, and its worth it for the other improvements.

Still getting used to the brakes on the veloce, don’t have much confidence in them yet. Pedal feels very weird due to the fly-by-wire business going on.

Absolutely love the Alfa though - been wanting one since I was about 10 and I saw Clarkson understeering a 147 GTA around the track! Feels very special.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Giulia replaced a 2006 Ford Focus with 130k miles. I've always only owned older economy cars but wanted to get a new car for once in my life. Anything in this class would have been a massive upgrade, but nothing else in the class compares to the Giulia.

·
Registered
658 Posts
2005 BMW 3 series ZHP
Mine was a 2004, they are great cars and I remember it fondly. It’s a shame BMW has decided not to make a modern version that is as good. But that is why I ended up looking at a Giulia and I wouldn’t willing go back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A 2013 Mini Cooper Clubman D. 111bhp. I thought the Giulia would feel overwhelming but during the test-drive it was surprisingly light and easy to drive. I'm no expert driver by any means, I just want a car that makes me smile when I see it and drive it every day. I'm confident that the 2020 Giulia Sprint, RWD 200bhp, is for me a perfect blend of modern, nice-looking, fun and practical. While the Mini undoubtedly has some character, the Alfa's design language and general feel clearly appeals to me more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2017 Giulia TI Q4 replaced a 2004 Volvo S60 2.5T that I loved. They are both entry-level luxury sedans, but the Giulia is in a whole 'nother league. The rear wheel bias, the power and the handling of the Giulia makes it WAY sportier than any non-R Volvo. Plus, to me the Giulia is just as luxurious.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It replaced my very ratchet, but much loved C5 that I kept covering in JDM stickers as a joke - and whose overall stock lowness really taught me a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Dodge Charger 2012 which I drove for 8 1/2 years and still have that separation anxiety and miss terribly was replaced with Guilia. I bought Guilia this summer after seeing the commercial:
Alfa Romeo Giulia Official 2017 Super Bowl Commercial 'Dear Predictable' Extended Cut. I gave up a car, as Motor Trend quoted, "exuding Confidence and Character with one that is Suave and Seductive!!"

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
597 Posts
I'm replacing a 2004 Honda Accord w/ 233K miles. It's been a reliable car with me only needing to replace the starter after it wouldn't start with hitting it with the hammer anymore. Age has started to wear it down and the ABS, cruise control, and radio don't work anymore. It needs struts all around, new tires and alignment. I just didn't feel like putting money into it.

I doubt the Alfa will be as reliable, but boy is it wonderful to drive a real car vs. an A to B appliance.

521 - 540 of 563 Posts