Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

461 - 480 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Replacing my 2015 Mustang GT (twin turbo, made 712WHP lol). I can almost guarantee I am making the largest downgrade in HP replacement on this forum. Yes, it was a daily driver (and that is why I am replacing, too scary and unpractical). Picking up my '19 Ti Sport today at 5pm! Tri-Coat Trofeo white w/ Nero edizione, red leather, HK sound system. A nice v-day present to myself!
I can assure you that you are not making the biggest HP downgrade on the forum. Welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can assure you that you are not making the biggest HP downgrade on the forum. Welcome!
As a true daily driver? I doubt that but I suppose it’s possible! Maybe if they went from a Demon to Giulia or something. My mustang ran 10s in the quarter mile. I know this car isn’t really about speed but it’s fun to drive and I’m loving it so far!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,737 Posts
My 2020 Giulia will replace a 2017.
She's built and waiting at Civitavecchia for the MSC Cristiana to carry her through the Mediterranean and across the Atlantic to Baltimore. Maybe I'll meet her in March?

Reactions: August

·
Registered
9 Posts
After spending the weekend with a Giulia the time has come to get serious about finding at TI RWD and selling the Fiesta ST. Don't laugh the ST is one of the most grin inducing cars I have owned or driven. Just can't help yourself for the socially irresponsible antics that it encourages. It has been a ton of fun to autocross and take in an occasional track day but the low rent interior, bone crushing ride, size, and lack of refinement has worn thin. Look forward to a new adventure.

·
Registered
91 Posts
She's built and waiting at Civitavecchia for the MSC Cristiana to carry her through the Mediterranean and across the Atlantic to Baltimore. Maybe I'll meet her in March?
I watched mine leave the Civitavecchia port, sail through the Suez Canal and across the Indian Ocean. The journey added to the ownership experience.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
I watched mine leave the Civitavecchia port, sail through the Suez Canal and across the Indian Ocean. The journey added to the ownership experience.
How did you track your car and know which ship was carrying it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
How did you track your car and know which ship was carrying it?
You could download one of the shipping vessel tracking apps and searched for MSC Cristiana. I can see it crossing the Atlantic Ocean now. Your dealer ought to be able to provide a shipping manifest or at least a port departure date which would indicate whether or not your Giulia is on board that vessel.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Tracking the ship is easy. How did you know which ship was carrying your car?

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
The ship that brings them to the US is Grande Torino.
Is that the only one? She's presently in the Gulf of Mexico.

Are you the young gentleman from New Hampshire whose Giulia replaced a Range Rover?
As I recall, you were deciding on colleges a while back. Hope that turned out well for you.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Tracking the ship is easy. How did you know which ship was carrying your car?
My dealer showed me the shipping manifest with vessel name and estimated date of departure and arrival. Custom in my country typically takes two days so by the third day, my Giulia was in the workshop.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Is that the only one? She's presently in the Gulf of Mexico.

Are you the young gentleman from New Hampshire whose Giulia replaced a Range Rover?
As I recall, you were deciding on colleges a while back. Hope that turned out well for you.
Oh I should clarify Grande Torino is the one for east coast deliveries down to Mexico. Not sure which boat brings them west coast, would like to know. And yes that is me. Things are good overall just less time on the forums. I was made an admin of the FB group so spend time there now mostly. Have learned a lot about the car since the early days of hanging out here before I had one

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
I was made an admin of the FB group so spend time there now mostly. Have learned a lot about the car since the early days of hanging out here before I had one
Which FB group? I found several.
I take it you still have your Giulia and are still lovin' it.

·
Super Moderator
2,744 Posts
Which FB group? I found several.
I take it you still have your Giulia and are still lovin' it.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV Rosso Competizione
112 Posts
My Giulia QV will replace a 2006 BMW 330i. It's been a great car to own.. High revving. Really loved it's balance..

Just a liiiiittle bump in HP with the Giulia...
IMG-20200206-WA0002.jpg

461 - 480 of 527 Posts