Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

441 - 460 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
2020 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 is replacing a 2017 Lincoln MKZ with the 3.0 liter 400 hp twin turbo V-6, all wheel drive, and driver’s package. The MKZ was tuned and it was a beast! It was a great car, but leased and therefore it was time for something new. I am really exited for what the Alfa will bring in style and driving dynamics!

Updated to add photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,735 Posts
2020 Giulia Ti Sport Q4 is replacing a 2017 Lincoln MKZ with the 3.0 liter 400 hp twin turbo V-6, all wheel drive, and driver’s package. The MKZ was tuned and it was a beast! It was a great car, but leased and therefore it was time for something new. I am really exited for what the Alfa will bring in style and driving dynamics!
Did you return the hot rod Lincoln (never understood why that song hasn't been used in advertising) tuned at the end of the lease?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Did you return the hot rod Lincoln (never understood why that song hasn't been used in advertising) tuned at the end of the lease?
Well I still have it until May, but no I will return it stock. Kind of funny to think about leaving it tuned though. Someone would buy it used and be rather surprised how quick it accelerates.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Well I still have it until May, but no I will return it stock. Kind of funny to think about leaving it tuned though. Someone would buy it used and be rather surprised how quick it accelerates.
Will you have both cars simultaneously? An opportunity for comparison.

The leases of my 2017 and 2020 Giulias may overlap. By then I will be watching the miles on the 2018 like a hawk. I don't want to have to do the 30,000 mile service before returning it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Will you have both cars simultaneously? An opportunity for comparison.

The leases of my 2017 and 2020 Giulias may overlap. By then I will be watching the miles on the 2018 like a hawk. I don't want to have to do the 30,000 mile service before returning it.
There is a high probability of overlap and I have been thinking the exact same thing. I would love to line them up stock versus stock. The Lincoln is heavier, has a slower shifting transmission, and is front wheel drive biased. It would be interesting to see which is faster.

·
Registered
27 Posts
...a 2001 Toyota Avalon. Oh boy, the cars could not be more dissimilar as far as sedans go!

Made the switch in 2018. Just joining this thread now.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Did anyone replace a Prius with a Giulia?

Reactions: Jcremer24

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just replaced a 2013 BMW Activehybrid 3 with a 2018 Giulia TI. I loved the BMW’s tech (335i with an electric motor to kick me in the pants), but in the end the anxiety over a battery or transmission failure got the better of me. The Giulia feels so much sportier and is absolutely gorgeous to look at. I should have bought the Giulia instead of the BMW but at the time I didn’t want to spend the money.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I replaced my 2015 Dodge Ram. Moving away from Texas and was tired of spending tons of cash on that gas guzzling truck, but still wanted something fun of course! Fell in love with the Giulia and haven't looked back!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Cadillac ATS AWD 3.6 only had 36,000 mi on it i had too many issues with it. I loved driving it but i wanted some thing difference . I looked at BMW and Audi but i see those cars everyday .
The Giulia stood out to me , and i love it . 2019 Giulia Q4 AWD sport lipari gray metallic .

·
Super Moderator
2,733 Posts
2014 Cadillac ATS AWD 3.6 only had 36,000 mi on it i had too many issues with it. I loved driving it but i wanted some thing difference . I looked at BMW and Audi but i see those cars everyday .
The Giulia stood out to me , and i love it . 2019 Giulia Q4 AWD sport lipari gray metallic .
Welcome to the cult!

·
Registered
12 Posts
2013 Audi A5. Loved the car but it felt more "standard" than the Guilia. I cross shopped lightly a used 330i and A5 sportback - both of which also didn't feel as special as the Giulia. The only niggle I have with the Giulia is the infotainment screen. Wish it were brighter and a little more "HD" like the Germans.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replacing my 2015 Mustang GT (twin turbo, made 712WHP lol). I can almost guarantee I am making the largest downgrade in HP replacement on this forum. Yes, it was a daily driver (and that is why I am replacing, too scary and unpractical). Picking up my '19 Ti Sport today at 5pm! Tri-Coat Trofeo white w/ Nero edizione, red leather, HK sound system. A nice v-day present to myself!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Replacing my 2015 Mustang GT (twin turbo, made 712WHP lol). I can almost guarantee I am making the largest downgrade in HP replacement on this forum. Yes, it was a daily driver (and that is why I am replacing, too scary and unpractical). Picking up my '19 Ti Sport today at 5pm! Tri-Coat Trofeo white w/ Nero edizione, red leather, HK sound system. A nice v-day present to myself!
Welcome to Alfas!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I like that idea. We should have a post on the biggest downgrades in hp or biggest upgrades.
I went from 280-505

441 - 460 of 527 Posts