Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my best friend and a co-driver, Hiunter today. He always enjoyed sticking his head out the window and closing his eyes in my Giulia. Now that he is gone, nothing really seems to matter. I'm regretting that I diid not take more drives with him. He brought so much joy in my life, I will give up everything to have him back. RIP Hunter! Ride Giulia in heaven!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
RIP Hunter....I never had a dog in my life until 8 years ago....and frankly (I know it sounds crazy) don't know how I got along without one for so long. They become a part of your family, your best friend....and you feel their loss.
Condolences for your loss.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am so very sorry. I lost my best buddy three years ago and I still miss him. Those four legged fur children have such a way of sneaking into our hearts.

God bless.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. We lost our German shepherd last October after 12 years, and another one 4 years ago. You will find piece knowing he enjoyed every single day with you and the Giulia.

Run free, and unpredictable over the rainbow bridge Hunter!

Reactions: MINIME

·
Registered
399 Posts
I’m so sorry I know nothing helps at this point. I have a 12 year old co pilot and don’t know what I’m gonna do when that day comes for me. Just be thankful for the times and the drives you had together.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RIP Hunter....I never had a dog in my life until 8 years ago....and frankly (I know it sounds crazy) don't know how I got along without one for so long. They become a part of your family, your best friend....and you feel their loss.
Condolences for your loss.
Thank you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am so very sorry. I lost my best buddy three years ago and I still miss him. Those four legged fur children have such a way of sneaking into our hearts.

God bless.
Breaks your heart when he's gone.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’m so sorry I know nothing helps at this point. I have a 12 year old co pilot and don’t know what I’m gonna do when that day comes for me. Just be thankful for the times and the drives you had together.
Thank you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to hear about your loss. We lost our German shepherd last October after 12 years, and another one 4 years ago. You will find piece knowing he enjoyed every single day with you and the Giulia.

Run free, and unpredictable over the rainbow bridge Hunter!
Thanx again for beautiful words!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm so sorry for you loss. I know it may be too early to consider, but the best thing is to get another puppy!
I will definitely get another one in the future but this one was truly special.. Thanx again.

·
Registered
617 Posts
will,

I saw this post and opened it with some trepidation...I just felt it may be a hard one to take. I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend and co-pilot. the fact is that for many of us on these car forums, while we may love our cars and our passion for them runs deeply...our love of our dogs and beloved pets easily trumps our love of cars.

I know how it feels to have lost a best friend as my cocker spaniel, max passed away 4 years ago now. he was indeed my best friend and I loved him so. as much as I loved him, he was able to give me more love in return. even if the chips were down...and they often were, max guided me through. when he passed I was crushed. more crushed than when I lost a family member or friend. it sounds odd I'm certain but max was different than a friend or family. he was ever present and a gift from god to me. when we lost him being home was meaningless. his whole life was about wherever we were while away from home...it always seemed like we would want to rush back to be with max. whenever I would travel, upon my return, Cherie would often surprise me with max in the car. or if he was home, it was agreed that we would rush home and see our boy. he needed us but we needed him more. after he passed on, being home was a constant reminder that he was no longer with us. it hurt too much.

a year after his passing, we saw a cocker and the owner let us pet him. it was clear to the owner that we knew the breed and were in our glory spending a few minutes with his baby. he asked us if we had a dog and we told him our sad story. he went from being calm and friendly and turned a stern voice. he said that it was clear that we were spaniel lovers and that there were dogs out there that needed us. he gave us the info for a local cocker spaniel rescue group and told us to adopt a dog. he was not allowing us to think about it...he meant it.

we then went on to make a decision to get a pup. he would never replace max but he would help heal our hearts and give us a reminder that all dogs are a gift and that our love of dogs could continue. I told Cherie that we would find a dog and we would give it the best home ever. 3 years later our little boy has made our home a place we want to be again. max's memory remains indelibly and little joey is carrying on max's job to take care of his family. our hearts still have a hole for max but joey has been the blessing we needed.

will, I am sorry to ramble. I only want you to know there are friends out here in alfa land that feel your loss and will be happy to help you heal. now I will smile a bit more knowing that max will have hunter to run with and chase endless amount of birds and there is only joy and no more pain:)

very best,

peter

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
will,

I saw this post and opened it with some trepidation...I just felt it may be a hard one to take. I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend and co-pilot. the fact is that for many of us on these car forums, while we may love our cars and our passion for them runs deeply...our love of our dogs and beloved pets easily trumps our love of cars.

I know how it feels to have lost a best friend as my cocker spaniel, max passed away 4 years ago now. he was indeed my best friend and I loved him so. as much as I loved him, he was able to give me more love in return. even if the chips were down...and they often were, max guided me through. when he passed I was crushed. more crushed than when I lost a family member or friend. it sounds odd I'm certain but max was different than a friend or family. he was ever present and a gift from god to me. when we lost him being home was meaningless. his whole life was about wherever we were while away from home...it always seemed like we would want to rush back to be with max. whenever I would travel, upon my return, Cherie would often surprise me with max in the car. or if he was home, it was agreed that we would rush home and see our boy. he needed us but we needed him more. after he passed on, being home was a constant reminder that he was no longer with us. it hurt too much.

a year after his passing, we saw a cocker and the owner let us pet him. it was clear to the owner that we knew the breed and were in our glory spending a few minutes with his baby. he asked us if we had a dog and we told him our sad story. he went from being calm and friendly and turned a stern voice. he said that it was clear that we were spaniel lovers and that there were dogs out there that needed us. he gave us the info for a local cocker spaniel rescue group and told us to adopt a dog. he was not allowing us to think about it...he meant it.

we then went on to make a decision to get a pup. he would never replace max but he would help heal our hearts and give us a reminder that all dogs are a gift and that our love of dogs could continue. I told Cherie that we would find a dog and we would give it the best home ever. 3 years later our little boy has made our home a place we want to be again. max's memory remains indelibly and little joey is carrying on max's job to take care of his family. our hearts still have a hole for max but joey has been the blessing we needed.

will, I am sorry to ramble. I only want you to know there are friends out here in alfa land that feel your loss and will be happy to help you heal. now I will smile a bit more knowing that max will have hunter to run with and chase endless amount of birds and there is only joy and no more pain:)

very best,

peter
Hi Peter,

It's been 3 weeks since Hunter passed. Coming home isn't fun for sure these days but knowing that we had wonderful 14yrs together keeps me going. I really appreciate your thoughtful and kind words.
On a lighter note, I do take trips to San Diego to visit Sea World and SD Zoo with my family, I will be in touch next time I'm in Little Italy. Beer is on me my friend:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts