Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just joining your great giulia forum today. I've been reading a lot of posts, but had not join yet. It is time for me to get a new car and change my 2015 Mustang ecoboost. I want a compact luxury sports sedan (tired of the two doors, and believe it or not, tired of the manual transmission). After looking at all the top cars in the category (<50K), my finalists were the BMW 3 series and Jaguar XE R Sport. Then I saw the Giulia and instantly loved it. I test drove one and liked it a lot.
So, my next car will be a giulia. However, I don't understand why is it so hard to find the one I want?! 2018 Giulia Ti Sport in Vesuvio Gray or Stromboli Gray, Dark rims and the Black/Ice interior which looks awesome! I haven't found a single ti sport with these colors in 200 miles from me (not even worried about options and packages). I really don't want to order from factory bc i cannot wait that long! I don't mind driving hours or even taking a flight to buy one and drive it back myself!

Are the dealers going to get more 2018s anytime soon? I feel like they have many giulias, but they are not the right combination for me.
Well, just wanted to throw this out there... and I'll keep expanding my search until I find my gray ti sport. :|

Thanks for this great site!
Regards,
Guille.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I think the biggest piece of your wish list that is going to be hard to find on any color Giulia is the Black/Ice interior. I don't believe I have seen any in stock with it, at least not in the Northwest and it sounds like the SE is an impossible find as well.

·
Registered
460 Posts
You'll love the Giulia! First auto car I've owned/driven that didn't make me constantly wish I was driving a manual. In fact, I'm starting to not miss the manual at all. I drove one of my manual cars to work the other day for a change of pace (normally only drive them on weekends) and missed the Giulia the whole time. The shift logic is so good that I rarely drive in manual mode anymore, and only use the paddle shifters in anticipating down shifts. Especially in Dynamic, there's really no need to choose the shift points.

I gave up a '15 Mustang GT (manual) for the Giulia btw. Wouldn't mind another for a weekend car down the road, but for a DD, I don't miss it.

Wondering though if you test drove an '18 Ecoboost. I know you want four doors, but if you drove the '18 I am curious as to how it compared to the Giulia you drove. The specs on the '18 Ecoboost are impressive. With the performance package, I'm sure it's a respectable GT.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just joining your great giulia forum today. I've been reading a lot of posts, but had not join yet. It is time for me to get a new car and change my 2015 Mustang ecoboost. I want a compact luxury sports sedan (tired of the two doors, and believe it or not, tired of the manual transmission). After looking at all the top cars in the category (<50K), my finalists were the BMW 3 series and Jaguar XE R Sport. Then I saw the Giulia and instantly loved it. I test drove one and liked it a lot.
So, my next car will be a giulia. However, I don't understand why is it so hard to find the one I want?! 2018 Giulia Ti Sport in Vesuvio Gray or Stromboli Gray, Dark rims and the Black/Ice interior which looks awesome! I haven't found a single ti sport with these colors in 200 miles from me (not even worried about options and packages). I really don't want to order from factory bc i cannot wait that long! I don't mind driving hours or even taking a flight to buy one and drive it back myself!

Are the dealers going to get more 2018s anytime soon? I feel like they have many giulias, but they are not the right combination for me.
Well, just wanted to throw this out there... and I'll keep expanding my search until I find my gray ti sport. :|

Thanks for this great site!
Regards,
Guille.
That mans taste is impeccable, here is my Vesuvio Grey QV with black interior ......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
welcome! I think you're making the right decision and i'm with you. I still feel for a clutch after driving manuals all my life but don't miss it.. time to move on :)

Wondering if the dealer can search inventory for you nationwide? I believe they can ship them / transfer as we've seen from certain orders?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I’m very excited about getting a Giulia. It’s just been hard to find the perfect one. And if I’m spending that money it better be the one I want ha. And no, I haven’t test driven the 18’ mustang. I really like my 15’ but I want an upgrade. Actually I’m going to sell my mustang to my brother. That way I can still drive it eventually!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
welcome! I think you're making the right decision and i'm with you. I still feel for a clutch after driving manuals all my life but don't miss it.. time to move on /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wondering if the dealer can search inventory for you nationwide? I believe they can ship them / transfer as we've seen from certain orders?
Yes, I asked and they can. But not nationwide, just in the area. I’m doing my own research first then I’ll reachout to the dealer. Thanks for the advise!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello Guys,
I finally found the car I was looking for and bought it yesterday! I got a 2018 Giulia Ti Sport RWD,Vulcano Black with Tan interior. Driver assist static and dynamic, dual sunroof, upgraded stereo, 3D nav, apple car play. MSRP I believe is $49,840 and was able to negotiate a good deal (I thought so). I am so happy with my purchase. I drove back home last night (3 hrs drive) and it was excellent. I tried all of the features and got familiar with all of the infotainment system. Almost slept in the car lol.
I'm sure I'll have questions or comments as time goes by. And if anyone has questions for me about my buying experience or anything about my car ask away!
Regards.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Sorry if the pics are upside down, I don't know what happened. They look fine in my computer.
Beautiful car. btw, when I click on the thumbnails to enlarge, they flip back to the correct orientation (at least on an iPad).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts