Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way Friday to finally pickup my car, it had the fuel pump replaced which took them a week and a half. I was in the loaner Jeep they provided and was about a mile from leaving my house. And a dang deer jumped into the road and smack! I hit it. Dented the front bumper, just a simple fender bender for the jeep.... the deer? Not so much.

My favorite part? The dealership is making me put it on my insurance. I mean I get it, I'm the one that hit the deer. But this has been a horrible experience and if the dealership had said, "you know what? We'll take care of it, no problem." That would have gone a long way with me. Now it's just salt in a wound.

This dealership is the largest Chrysler dealership in the world, Dave Smith in Kellogg Idaho, and they own the auto body shop that it's going to be repaired. You'd think they would've said they would fix it. But nope. Just like everything else with these guys, ZERO customer service.

Dang my luck. At least it wasn't in the Alfa!!!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Thank God it wasn't in the Alfa and you're right....that would've been an amazing Olive branch, but in reality, if they did handle situations like that routinely in that fashion, they may not be the biggest Chrysler dealer in the world....

·
Registered
271 Posts
That's terrible the most important thing is you are safe. Maybe instead of going through the insurance why don't you see how much it would be out of your pocket instead of getting the hit on your insurance.

Ps
What month is your Giulia built? How did they determine your fuel pump needed to be replaced? Did you have symptoms leading to a replacement of the fuel pump?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank God it wasn't in the Alfa and you're right....that would've been an amazing Olive branch, but in reality, if they did handle situations like that routinely in that fashion, they may not be the biggest Chrysler dealer in the world....
Google them... they have dealerships all over the place, I've been working with one of their smallest, due to few Alfa sales...

·
Banned
264 Posts
I was on my way Friday to finally pickup my car, it had the fuel pump replaced which took them a week and a half. I was in the loaner Jeep they provided and was about a mile from leaving my house. And a dang deer jumped into the road and smack! I hit it. Dented the front bumper, just a simple fender bender for the jeep.... the deer? Not so much.

My favorite part? The dealership is making me put it on my insurance. I mean I get it, I'm the one that hit the deer. But this has been a horrible experience and if the dealership had said, "you know what? We'll take care of it, no problem." That would have gone a long way with me. Now it's just salt in a wound.

This dealership is the largest Chrysler dealership in the world, Dave Smith in Kellogg Idaho, and they own the auto body shop that it's going to be repaired. You'd think they would've said they would fix it. But nope. Just like everything else with these guys, ZERO customer service.

Dang my luck. At least it wasn't in the Alfa!!!
If its just a bumper dont file a claim (as others have suggested)....its likely just a bit more than your deducible...honestly though you cant ask them to take a hit on the bumper...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's terrible the most important thing is you are safe. Maybe instead of going through the insurance why don't you see how much it would be out of your pocket instead of getting the hit on your insurance.

Ps
What month is your Giulia built? How did they determine your fuel pump needed to be replaced? Did you have symptoms leading to a replacement of the fuel pump?
Its in the dreaded build era... Dec 2016.

It's had to be towed three times, due to total and complete shut down. (One time, stranding me in the banks only drive through lane, causing every single car that came through to have to back up, for 2.5 HOURS on 104* day) Like I said, this has been a horrible experience and they know I haven't been happy, so just out of goodwill I would've appreciated the offer. They also know I fully qualify as a lemon car owner now, so I can't believe they would do anything to continue to make this a worse situation.

I'm guessing it'll probably be $3k in damages. The whole bumper will probably need to be replaced and the hood was slightly dented. So yes, I could pay, which peeves me to hand anymore money over to the dealership, I could have insurance pay, OR for as big of a dealership they are, they take care of it...this would be barely anything for them.

I'm not one to ever try to get something for free... there is just a lot of history here and it just burns me. Ya know?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
You're absolutely right to feel that way....

Reactions: ChiGuy

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sorry for your trouble.

If it's any consolation, damage would probably been more extensive in the Giulia.

At least you're safe which is really what matters.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Sucks. I get the salt in the wound. Since the body shop is probably independent of the showroom and service they could offer you a discount on the labor, or give you the parts for cost so the body shop didn't have to fully pay for the services/showroom issues. Talk to the General Manager?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts