1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,290 Posts

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
since it was my first time i decided to skip the paddles this time, i’ll try to next time though as i get more familiar and comfortable
Faster on auto anyway. Keep practicing. Car is hard to hook on a street tire. Trap 120 mph is good for stock on a hot day. You had fun and did it safely. All that matters. More you go the better you’ll be.

·
Registered
17' Quadrifoglio
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Faster on auto anyway. Keep practicing. Car is hard to hook on a street tire. Trap 120 mph is good for stock on a hot day. You had fun and did it safely. All that matters. More you go the better you’ll be.
oh yeah it was so much fun, i plan to practice more, my runs improved every time so that was good to see

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,290 Posts
If you get a draggy, you can practice anytime you want 😈

·
Registered
9 Posts
That 120 trap is no joke. Looking forward to taking mine to the strip this fall. Love catching the track staff off-guard with a sleeper like the QV. Last time I went, I was running consistent 12.5s @111 in my Audi A6 on a very cold day and was getting a lot of questions. Obviously RWD really makes that more difficult but looking forward to seeing what I can do.

If you get a draggy, you can practice anytime you want 😈
And you get the added excitement of potentially having your car impounded :LOL:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Since the professionals run 11.8-11.9, and you managed a 12.4 being your first time, that's a very good time you clocked in at! :LOL:
It's an automatic. There's no "skill" involved in launching it. The only difference would be if launch control was used or brake boosting... and letting the trans shift or using the paddles.

my best was 12.4 quarter mile at 120mph
What other times did you run? Be curious to see the progression. I imagine your trapspeed didn't change much, but curious to see the full time slips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What have you done to your A6? That's a good second faster than any stock A6...
It's actually 1.5 seconds faster than stock in my generation A6 (C6) which is a 13.9-14.0 car :)

When I ran 12.5, I had intake, catback, 57.5mm supercharger pulley, lightweight 19" wheels, stoptech bbk up front and lw rotors in the rear, and APR stage II 93 tune.

Since then I've switched to JHM 93 stage 2 ECU and TCU tune, which gives me another 700rpm, and an upgraded heat exchanger, so it should be in the 12.2-12.3 range now. JHM's shop car, which added downpipes, is in the high 11s. The C7 A6s run 11s with just a tune and pulley. While the A6 is a boat compared to the QV, they are a great DD and can be quite quick with some bolt-ons.

·
Registered
588 Posts
It's actually 1.5 seconds faster than stock in my generation A6 (C6) which is a 13.9-14.0 car :)

When I ran 12.5, I had intake, catback, 57.5mm supercharger pulley, lightweight 19" wheels, stoptech bbk up front and lw rotors in the rear, and APR stage II 93 tune.
Interesting, haven't heard of anyone modding an A6. Only heard/seen of S and RS models being tuned.

Modded A6s running nearly alongside my stock wagon -- Crazy times we live in with these tunes for a ton of euro cars, just not many for the QVs... and no major gains like what we see with the euro brands.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts