Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Awesome. Pretty slick. Where'd you find those/have them made?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a heads up, that is the modern updated "Serpent" in the current Alfa Romeo logo. Many decal/vinyl companies still sell the older look serpent.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice splash of color, definitely one of the more tasteful mods I've seen on a Giulia so far
I like simple and subtle mods. I may paint my brake calipers in that same green color once my 19's show up that I had custom drilled.

Attachments

Reactions: Bull

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys guys guys... this is not the serpent. It's il biscione!
Well look at that! I learned something new today!

The biscione (Italian pronunciation: [biʃˈʃone]; in Milanese as the bissa), also known as the vipera ("viper"), is a heraldic charge showing in argent an azure serpent in the act of consuming a human; usually a child and sometimes described as a Moor or an Ottoman Turk.

(hey, how in the heck does a Viper swallow a whole person like the logo???) LOL!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I like simple and subtle mods. I may paint my brake calipers in that same green color once my 19's show up that I had custom drilled.
Do it! That actually sounds fantastic. Generally I hate modifications but you aren't going overboard at all. Nice work

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,837 Posts
well kind of...the Alfa shield (white field w/red cross) is that of St.George the Serpent/Dragon Slayer...just a little useless cocktail party trivia
i think you might have used up the whole Happy Hour with that tall tale LoL

since we are recalling lets look at it

http://jalopnik.com/alfa-gives-us-the-official-line-on-whats-up-with-their-1627173581

here is the reply from the Alfa Museum

Alfa Romeo has one of the most ancient and historical emblem among all car brands in the world. This emblem was born on 1910, a few months after the Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili (ALFA) foundation, on June 24th 1910.
On the left: the red cross on white field is the symbol of Milan, the hometown of Alfa Romeo.
On the right: the symbol of one of the most important families in the history of Milan (and Italy), the Visconti family – the family that ruled Milan. There are a lot of legends about the origins of this heraldic symbol, representing a mythological animal with a human in his mouth (some believe it to be a dragon, but most likely a snake). During the time of the crusades, Otone Visconti , the founder of Visconti Family and a knight, fought against a noble Saracen knight (nomad from the Syrian Desert that bordered the Roman Empire). Otone beat the Saracen knight and, following the tradition, took the symbols the Saracen carried on his shield: a snake with a human in his mouth. At first glance, it looks like the snake is eating the human. Instead, the human is coming out of the snake a "new man," purified and renewed.

then there is this from Alfa Romeo website Aus which explains the origins of the red cross against the white background

http://www.alfaromeo.com.au/alfa-world/blog/400-the-alfa-romeo-logo

The red cross and white background meanwhile recalls the accomplishments of Giovanni Da Rio who may have been the first to scale Jerusalem's walls during the first crusade, and erected a cross there. This simple image has since become the widely recognised symbol of Milan.

:)

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
i think you might have used up the whole Happy Hour with that tall tale LoL

since we are recalling lets look at it

http://jalopnik.com/alfa-gives-us-the-official-line-on-whats-up-with-their-1627173581

here is the reply from the Alfa Museum

Alfa Romeo has one of the most ancient and historical emblem among all car brands in the world. This emblem was born on 1910, a few months after the Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili (ALFA) foundation, on June 24th 1910.
On the left: the red cross on white field is the symbol of Milan, the hometown of Alfa Romeo.
On the right: the symbol of one of the most important families in the history of Milan (and Italy), the Visconti family – the family that ruled Milan. There are a lot of legends about the origins of this heraldic symbol, representing a mythological animal with a human in his mouth (some believe it to be a dragon, but most likely a snake). During the time of the crusades, Otone Visconti , the founder of Visconti Family and a knight, fought against a noble Saracen knight (nomad from the Syrian Desert that bordered the Roman Empire). Otone beat the Saracen knight and, following the tradition, took the symbols the Saracen carried on his shield: a snake with a human in his mouth. At first glance, it looks like the snake is eating the human. Instead, the human is coming out of the snake a "new man," purified and renewed.

then there is this from Alfa Romeo website Aus which explains the origins of the red cross against the white background

http://www.alfaromeo.com.au/alfa-world/blog/400-the-alfa-romeo-logo

The red cross and white background meanwhile recalls the accomplishments of Giovanni Da Rio who may have been the first to scale Jerusalem's walls during the first crusade, and erected a cross there. This simple image has since become the widely recognised symbol of Milan.

:)

the white field & red cross has been used by MANY over the course of history...so I will differ to Alfa's story on their website...LOL
and good old Saint George was around before the Visconti....which is a blue Biscione:grin2:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
the white field & red cross has been used by MANY over the course of history...so I will differ to Alfa's story on their website...LOL
and good old Saint George was around before the Visconti....which is a blue Biscione:grin2:
i think you better get back to your cocktales because your tall ones arent getting much of a bite

:wink2:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
we may as well settle this amicably ...

Milan's flag has been around since the 10th Century
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Milan

The Cross Of St George upon which the English flag is based was attributed to the Third Crusade in the Late Middle Ages
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George%27s_Cross

they both are linked to The Port Of Genoa
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Genoa
which adopted the St George Cross specifically, and also the Knights Templar had a hand in it somewhere as well

but i think ole Saint Ambrose may have scooped the lot of them

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
anyway, sorry about that off topic wander, I better bail out, or my first mod will be a mod warning LoL

cheers

looking at getting some of these stickers, maybe a small quadrifoglio for the rear near the license plate or a biscione,

1 - 20 of 36 Posts