Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I had my the opportunity to take my first highway jaunt in the Giulia, a brief 50min trip each way. Boy, was that fun!

This thing likes to run...and it feels great doing it. I’m not going to say I was over 100mph often, or even at all, but the car rolls from legal to supra-legal speeds really adroitly. Stability and responsiveness is excellent; the car feels really hooked up and competent at speed.

And boy, for “just” a 4cyl, this is a really nice motor. Good driveability and torque....seems bigger than it is. I haven’t had a 4 turbo in a long time, driving 6 turbos, a big 6, and big 8s in recent years, so maybe I’ve not kept up with the times, but it feels bigger than the 4 turbo in my ‘12 Evo X MR.

Most of you know this stuff, but I just wanted to say that I had one of the best experiences on that mundane highway trip as I’ve ever had on that highway. Lots of fun!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
You drove in Italy?
But seriously, when did you take delivery?
Is ACP-AA installed and working?
I agree, the 2.0T does punch above it's size.
I had the "Base" up to 137mph, on the test drive!
Just wait for the ecu tune...

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Wanna try that today? :grin2:

Mrs. Chipshot remarked that we made great time on our return from Ann Arbor on Tuesday. And I wasn't even hurrying. 0:)

Reactions: chaadster

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wanna try that today? :grin2:

Mrs. Chipshot remarked that we made great time on our return from Ann Arbor on Tuesday. And I wasn't even hurrying. 0:)
Yeah, with stock 19” tires, a bit too much float in the slush and snow for that!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You drove in Italy?
But seriously, when did you take delivery?
Is ACP-AA installed and working?
I agree, the 2.0T does punch above it's size.
I had the "Base" up to 137mph, on the test drive!
Just wait for the ecu tune...
I got it Jan 20, and yeah, CarPlay works...I used Apple Maps nav to get to my destination downtown Detroit on this trip, and it was great! Text messages were popping up and could be replied to, and it was no problem listening to my favorite NPR station on the in car radio all the while. Lotsa win!

·
Registered
449 Posts
So nice to hear of your trip quality. And good news for ACP fans too. Hope it is retro quickly to the test of MY18 and prior too. My first big snow ride today in Chicagoland was a mix of hwy and other streets. Some slippage and quick responses. Giulia backed out of garage into much alley snow without hesitation. Coming back was less smooth. I ended up putting t into reverse once to win over the white stuff. Overall great in the roads. I am mo longer the weak link in the road chain. Problem is, I am still a part of the chain!
I do think that next fall I will get into winter tires for even less slippage like on hwy ramps.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I took my QV out for a short road trip last weekend - Houston to Austin and back. It's also a great little highway cruiser.

I tried out the eco mode and at speed it didn't lug at all. The suspension is great - tight but comfortable and the active cruise control made it very relaxing wherever there was traffic. For really long trips where fatigue might be an issue I think the lane departure warning is a great idea (albeit one pioneered by other makers).

The only slight negative (at least comparatively) is that the Sparcos are a notch below my former Porsche sports seats in terms of comfort. But they aren't bad at all.

And the other is that I told my insurance company that I estimated 15,000 miles annually and I did 550 in my first week of ownership. :laugh:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Awesome. I'm taking giulia on a little road trip to Napa today. Going to try android auto for the navigation and finding a good lunch spot.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome. I'm taking giulia on a little road trip to Napa today. Going to try android auto for the navigation and finding a good lunch spot.
Oh, man...there are some fun roads up and over the mountains there! The Giulia would be great to hustle up Spring Mtn Rd between St. Helena and Santa Rosa...with a stop at Smith-Madrone winery, of course!

Reactions: Th3Franz

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did a quick trip, 60 miles one way, mix of freeway and single lane straight roads i.e. could generally see for at least half a mile. Traffic was light, but there were chances to overtake. My Giulia Ti felt great, very stable at high speeds. I didn't take too many risks overtaking, had a passenger, but I always felt that I had enough acceleration/speed to get passed the vehicles(s) in front safely. No drama. The engine felt like it just wanted to keep pulling. I owned an Audi A6 2.7T several years ago, had it chipped, with beefed up diverter valves, and that felt like it had loads or torque! The Giulia engine felt almost as strong, and it's 0.7l, 2 cylinders and a turbo short!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts