Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
3,537 Posts
The reference of babying meant I am taking care of the car and not neglecting any service. I enjoy the car as it is supposed to be and drive her as she deserves to be driven. I don't baby drive it.
Thanks for the clarification. Typically babying it in my eye's refers to owners that don't drive it hard and nothing to do with maintenance.

Dealer has to own Alfa before moving on to Maserati. This is what many have done and what Newport Beach Alfa is doing. There may be a new dealer taking it over though but I have not heard yet. Newport Beach for example sold the Franchise to another which will re-open next year in Irvine instead.

I recommend taking to closest dealer to take care of the warranty.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, it is true. My engine out of nowhere began to making a clunking noise, like metal banging. Pulled to the side and I could feel something was terribly wrong. Called the tow truck and brought to the dealership in Walnut Creek, CA.

One hour goes by and they call me back saying yes, your engine needs replacement. Oh and BTW, we can't replace because we are no longer doing warranty claims as of next week. They say that if they don't have the parts in house they can't submit a warranty claim.

I am hoping someone could give me some insights on the validity of this? Can they really not take my car and tell me I need to go elsewhere? To make things more interesting, my warranty expires November 29th in just few days. Yes I am taking this one as a win as it could be a lot worse.

Anyone local in the Bay Area have any feedback on other dealers that I could bring for the warranty claim? Livermore,Berkeley, Marin or San Jose?

Thanks
Alex
2017 QV - 32K Miles
What service advisor are you dealing with there at Walnut Creek?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Get hard copy of all the records for this event from the dealership where it was diagnosed. It's your proof of making the claim/complaint within the warranty period. Do that immediately. Then as others have said get it touch with an authorized Alfa Romeo dealership ASAP and have the car delivered to them pronto. Good luck 👍

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Lusso * Squadra Tune * GFB-DV+ * Custom Exhaust * Madness GoPedal * Race Mode enabled
99 Posts
I’m sorry to hear about your car. Have you tried to contact Alfa of Livermore? Get your car into an Official Alfa Dealership before your Warranty ends so it is documented as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lynette was helping me. She's been actually great and no issues with them
I'm on my 3rd engine and I have also been dealing with Lynette. I don't care for her very much honestly. I had been dealing with Derek up until a couple months ago when he decided to move out of state.

Livermore Alfa is the only other close dealership to me and that's who replaced my first engine. Had a couple misfire issues right after I got my car back. It was good for 11,000 miles then a piston ring failed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think you have a couple of more days to call all the dealerships around and ask who is going to take your car to fix it. And flat-bed the car to them ASAP. You probably are not 100% sure that a new engine is needed so, you may be surprised by that new dealership with a less traumatic solution. I think is great advice to call Alfa Care and report the situation and that you are at just few days of the warranty to expire. That report may help you if this mess will go longer and the warranty coverage subject shows up.

Good luck in the next few days. Hope everything will turn out well for you. Do not panic. It will get resolved, as everything.
I have to agree with Giuliano and what some other have said. Contact Alfa Cares immediately! You still have a warranty and do not want to let this lapse for any reason. If you have an open case with them I feel that will be better. You have a paper trail. I am sure Alfa will do what is right here. They have a reputation to uphold. So sorry this has happened to you. That sound is God awful. Keep us posted as to what the issue is and how it was resolved.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, it is true. My engine out of nowhere began to making a clunking noise, like metal banging. Pulled to the side and I could feel something was terribly wrong. Called the tow truck and brought to the dealership in Walnut Creek, CA.

One hour goes by and they call me back saying yes, your engine needs replacement. Oh and BTW, we can't replace because we are no longer doing warranty claims as of next week. They say that if they don't have the parts in house they can't submit a warranty claim.

I am hoping someone could give me some insights on the validity of this? Can they really not take my car and tell me I need to go elsewhere? To make things more interesting, my warranty expires November 29th in just few days. Yes I am taking this one as a win as it could be a lot worse.

Anyone local in the Bay Area have any feedback on other dealers that I could bring for the warranty claim? Livermore,Berkeley, Marin or San Jose?

Thanks
Alex
2017 QV - 32K Miles
As the owner of 2019 Giulia QV I'm sorry to hear this. Non-responsive service is very troubling to say the least. If the company doesn't jump in to fix these problems on warrantied cars they can kiss the USA market good-bye. I've purchased three new Alfas since 2018. I won't get another if I feel the company isn't standing behind its buyers.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts