Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
It's not allstate or Geico. I've heard bad things about both. I have no idea what to expect and I've never heard of the company, Selective Insurance. We'll see.
I have Geico. I hit a deer on one occasion and had someone turn left in front of me on another and the insurance experience was positive both times.

Thank goodness she had good policy coverage regardless of carrier. You need to have uninsured AND underinsured where I live (California).

·
Registered
93 Posts
You guys have to understand you have all the leverage you need when it comes to total losses. The Bodyshop continues to charge the daily 35$ storage fee. The bill starts going up. They want to solve it as quick as possible they offer you 20k and you want 25k tell them either 25k or fix the car I don’t wanna talk about anything else.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Was the side of the car also hit? Cant tell if the car was just close or it made contact

Do you have pictures of the side?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
For the diminished value, what impact would the carfax have? I did talk to their insurance company about the diminished value and I've made them fully aware I will be filing that. If they try to BS me then I will get a lawyer involved, but I'll see how it goes. I did pull up the value of my car on KBB and Nada the day of the accident and saved that to have for reference and found 16 cars without 500 miles that would be used for comps.

For the shop, I do have a few good options. The shop I want to use isn't accepting any more jobs at the moment. They are too far behind. Which sucks, but I'm glad they're being honest and not just taking the car for it to sit there forever. I will need to contact my second and third choices on Monday and they insurance company didn't confirm the claim until 4:45 today and only had time to call my first shop before closing time.

It's not allstate or Geico. I've heard bad things about both. I have no idea what to expect and I've never heard of the company, Selective Insurance. We'll see.
I used a firm that specializes in diminished value, and takes 30% of the settlement. They offer a flat rate “package” where they provide all the data but you negotiate with the insurance company, for $450. A clean, pre-accident CARFAX improves your position and the post-report one can result in extra payment, depending on how CARFAX listed the accident. Good luck.

Reactions: GiuliaQV

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Was the side of the car also hit? Cant tell if the car was just close or it made contact

Do you have pictures of the side?
[/QUOTE

It seems as though it hit the front corner and bounced a little and recontacted my car at the beginning of the driver's door plus the side skirt and stopped where you see it. I suspect the driver's door will need repainting at the least, as will the side skirt.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You guys have to understand you have all the leverage you need when it comes to total losses. The Bodyshop continues to charge the daily 35$ storage fee. The bill starts going up. They want to solve it as quick as possible they offer you 20k and you want 25k tell them either 25k or fix the car I don’t wanna talk about anything else.
I'm trying not to get ahead of myself but I will certainly be making sure the body shop is aware of my concerns about fixing the car. I want it back without damage. I don't want to go to a racetrack or autocross thinking it's not safe enough. If possible I will try to get the Alfa tech to go to the body shop if (at my expense) and get him to look the car over prior to repairs to make sure it is fixable and that the body shop isn't missing something. If it is deemed fixable I will get Alfa to inspect the car after to make sure it's up to scratch.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The side skirt is carbon fiber. It cost 2k from the dealer if I’m not mistaken.
I also haven't opened the bonnet to check if there is any damage there. I believe that is $3500+

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Not always true. Allstate refused to pay the last 12 days of my rental saying the repairs were taking longer than usual. I have my next court date Dec 28 on a small claims case to get the cash.

Reactions: Rebuild299

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q4
237 Posts
Not always true. Allstate refused to pay the last 12 days of my rental saying the repairs were taking longer than usual. I have my next court date Dec 28 on a small claims case to get the cash.
Allstate are awful to claim through. I’m just glad I was able to get enough from them to but my Giulia for straight cash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In fairness I don’t think I’d want it fixed. It’ll never be that same. If they do decide to fix it make sure you get a new wheel too. Going to be an expensive job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
In fairness I don’t think I’d want it fixed. It’ll never be that same. If they do decide to fix it make sure you get a new wheel too. Going to be an expensive job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I don't really want it back fixed. Unfortunately it's not my choice. It will be upto the insurance company to decide if they want to total or repair, unless there is unrepairable damage.

Either way, like you said, I think this will be expensive. I will be asking for a new wheel as I don't want an impacted wheel. That is not safe. It was a hard enough hit to break off the steering knuckle top bolt, so I suspect the wheel is damaged to. I know the tire was damaged. They had to pry the inner fender brace off the tire to move it. There's only 4000 miles or so on the tires.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Does anyone know how much a front bumper is for the quad, and the splitter?

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
415 Posts
Does anyone know how much a front bumper is for the quad, and the splitter?
My estimate from the shop was:
$475 for the "bumper cover", seems low, but that's what the quote says, but if you add parking sensors and grilles it's closer to $1,000 all in
$3,260 for the splitter

These are quoted numbers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, I don't really want it back fixed. Unfortunately it's not my choice. It will be upto the insurance company to decide if they want to total or repair, unless there is unrepairable damage.

Either way, like you said, I think this will be expensive. I will be asking for a new wheel as I don't want an impacted wheel. That is not safe. It was a hard enough hit to break off the steering knuckle top bolt, so I suspect the wheel is damaged to. I know the tire was damaged. They had to pry the inner fender brace off the tire to move it. There's only 4000 miles or so on the tires.
I'm sorry to hear about your accident (sincerely), but given this is where you're at, if there is a benefit to selling it to someone for cash makes sense, and you can still get your settlement from the insurance company, I would be interested in considering a cash sale, because my brother in law is in the body business and would give me a great deal. If you're interested send me a text or just call me at 408-505-4465

21 - 40 of 45 Posts