Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
@Emozine, I know you want the Bright 5-Hole wheels and are trying to swap. Question: have you thought on the option to power coat the current Dark Tecnico's into OEM Bright?. It's about a $600 for the set and the power coating they do in some good shops is the same process at the wheels factory. I'm asking because I'm thinking on that, too.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
@Emozine, I know you want the Bright 5-Hole wheels and are trying to swap. Question: have you thought on the option to power coat the current Dark Tecnico's into OEM Bright?. It's about a $600 for the set and the power coating they do in some good shops is the same process at the wheels factory. I'm asking because I'm thinking on that, too.
Yes, I've flirted with this idea. If I'm going to keep the tecnicos no question I'll paint them bright. If I can't work out the 5-holes I'll be looking for a powder coat shop...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The brake dust is crazy on a QV with dark wheels. Can’t imagine trying to keep the bright ones clean.
No doubt! My 2018 brights got visibly dusty after a couple of braking events. So. Much. Dust....

·
Registered
371 Posts
That looks beautiful and right. I'm not usually a fan of red cars unless they are seriously track capable, like a Challenge Straddle, but that looks amazing with the exposed CF roof.
Enjoy it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Absolutely stunning, can imagine your excitement levels are through the roof 😂.

Post photos of the collection please if you can. 👍

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
may I suggest. Classic Alfa Rosso rim color
btw Auguri on the QV! Love the exposed CF roof....had that on 2 of my M3s and it just popped! How anyone could choose a sunroof on the BMW in lieu of the CF is beyond me

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
may I suggest. Classic Alfa Rosso rim color
btw Auguri on the QV! Love the exposed CF roof....had that on 2 of my M3s and it just popped! How anyone could choose a sunroof on the BMW in lieu of the CF is beyond me
You know, I was kinda "meh" about it. But when I saw it in person in the sun. WOW. I'm with you, why WOULDN'T you get it? I was also "meh" about the CF mirror caps, but in combo with the roof they sure pop!

Gold wheels. Hmmmm. I'll have to photoshop that. Agree on the classic combo.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
You know, I was kinda "meh" about it. But when I saw it in person in the sun. WOW. I'm with you, why WOULDN'T you get it? I was also "meh" about the CF mirror caps, but in combo with the roof they sure pop!

Gold wheels. Hmmmm. I'll have to photoshop that. Agree on the classic combo.

View attachment 107080
White quadrifoglio?. What's wrong with this guy?.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
The FIAT 850 and the 124 Coupe are 2 cars I had access to when I went to Italy over the years.
My uncle had a baby blue 850 all rallyed out....and my cousin had a beautiful red 124 Sport Coupe`
they were very good driving cars, just maligned because of the FIAT badge

·
Registered
120 Posts
WooHoo! I'll be picking it up tomorrow. I've posted about trading those tecnicos for bright 5-holes. Offer still open, though I'm in discussions with a couple of members now.

View attachment 107018

I'm not sure I wanted the exposed carbon roof, but it might just grow on me...

View attachment 107019
The tecnicos are so much better than the 5 hole. I’d gladly swap my dark 5 holes for the tecnicos!
It's home! That new car smell is something else...

View attachment 107060

View attachment 107061

Yeah, it's already growing on me. It does look sweet....
Beautiful. What colour is that?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts