Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still waiting to order my Giulia AWD Ti sport and would like to know when the USA Web site will be updated to reflect the MY2018 models and their various options and packages.
Dealers won't do anything to help me until they have gotten rid of the models on their lots.
Very frustrating situation, to say the least.

Yves

·
Registered
694 Posts
Cars.com is showing 2800 2017 Giulias for sale in the US. They're probably waiting to sell off some of those.
Did you try walking into the dealership and asking to talk with the sales manager? Lowly sales guys may not be interested because they want commission now, not 6 months from now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I saw these numbers on CARS.COM. This is not a good sign as it clearly shows that this car is not selling in the USA.

I drove by my local dealer yesterday (Hendricks in Cary, NC) and saw the exact same cars than what they had a month or two ago. Basically, Giulia in black, blue, white and grey. Very few AWD and of course nothing in red. The Stelvio SUV's were down from five cars to one left. Apparently, these sell better.

If none of the Giulia fleets are refreshed by 2018 models, we are going to end up with a stale and mate situation and Alfa Romeo may have to withdraw from the USA market, which would be terrible. Think about it: No orders being placed because the lots are full of low end or uninteresting Giulia models.

I just cannot believe how this whole introduction was conducted: Alfa Romeo is for enthusiasts only and each car should be ordered specifically. It is just stupid to bring in the USA, models that have no appeal to the enthusiasts of that brand. And the person who buys Toyota is not going to switch to an Alfa.....

Yves

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yes, I saw these numbers on CARS.COM. This is not a good sign as it clearly shows that this car is not selling in the USA.

I drove by my local dealer yesterday (Hendricks in Cary, NC) and saw the exact same cars than what they had a month or two ago. Basically, Giulia in black, blue, white and grey. Very few AWD and of course nothing in red. The Stelvio SUV's were down from five cars to one left. Apparently, these sell better.

If none of the Giulia fleets are refreshed by 2018 models, we are going to end up with a stale and mate situation and Alfa Romeo may have to withdraw from the USA market, which would be terrible. Think about it: No orders being placed because the lots are full of low end or uninteresting Giulia models.

I just cannot believe how this whole introduction was conducted: Alfa Romeo is for enthusiasts only and each car should be ordered specifically. It is just stupid to bring in the USA, models that have no appeal to the enthusiasts of that brand. And the person who buys Toyota is not going to switch to an Alfa.....

Yves
I think what we're experiencing is the post-August slowdown. The factory is closed for much of August. I think new shipments will start up again by October and then they will be 2018 models. What I heard was that this summer they were focusing on getting the Stelvio out to all dealers and then there was going to be an ad campaign in the early fall.

I was also at Hendrick in Cary over the weekend. I was ready to order a car, but they said that the "order window is closed". This is very strange that you can't order a car. Do they want my business or not?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Yeah that's frustrating. Even for Camry drivers, if the ARE going to switch they need a reason. If an Alfisti is going to BUY they need a reason. A glut of puke gray Stromboli cars with no paddle shift is not our fault. I am thinking my 2018 Quad could earn me a discount if I let them keep it in the showroom for a week. I will try at any rate ;) They might just muscle me anyway and say it's not prepped yet or some stupidness and still make me wait a week. Then again, they might not want it around as a liability getting scratched or something. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts