Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this beauty at Ramsey in NJ - Lui took care of me. They were sick to learn that SC tax was a flat 500 vs. thousands for NJ, glad to avoid that.

Met my father, flew up with my son. Son and I drove back 672 miles, straight shot yesterday, in this beautiful beast and got to know her. Had Xpel Ultimate full body done on it before I got there, so she was ready to roll.

As I've mentioned before, this was the best way to wait for a 2018 model but searched to find my matched config vs. 6 months on an order.

Just getting settled in back home, so I'll have more to share on Android Auto and a few other questions I've fielded, but for now...

Here's a few shots, now I'm just glad to have her home in Lake Wylie, SC. Already had tons of comments up and down the road (7 states) at stops.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Sweet! Classic spec. You paid for some of your CC features with the tax benefit. Good work! :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Beautiful car.

I have a trofeo white one and while I like it, I definitely have a bit of "color remorse" when I see one like yours.

Congrats!

Steve

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats! So fun to drive!!:smile2:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Rosso Alfa? Nice!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Congrats on an awesome car. Enjoy the miles.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Congratulations and Happy Motoring.....

·
Registered
617 Posts
nice car neighbor. by new qv is just up the road in lake norman. i got to spend a month with her before hving to head back west...where everything seems to be on fire:(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FerarriPete - glad to see I've got company in a nearby zip code. sorry to hear about SoCal, be safe in that mess.

Have yet to see one in Charlotte area, may have seen a red 17 QV in Lake Wylie a few months ago (still wondering whether I dreamt that up).

Maybe we'll run into each other at a C&C or a red light between the lakes ;-)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations! I'm still looking for a dealer that will allow me to special order one. My local dealer in Jacksonville FL sold the 2017 Quadrofoglio that had all the options I wanted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gadget - it does seem like they are clearing out all of the 2017s quickly at year end based on the forums and inventory scans I did. Drove in Jax recently for the holidays in saw zero Alfas of any kind over 3 days.

Ramsey where I bought mine on Monday in NJ had a gorgeous Misano Blue 2018 with yellow calipers. Unexpectedly now my second favorite color. They had a 17 Vulcano as well that was likely to move based on a guy I saw in the showroom.

I resigned myself to the fact that I may have to travel far and compromise on the exact setup to get a 2018 quickly.

I was able to get the exact config but nearly 700 miles in one shot was tough.

Reactions: Gadgetman

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gadget - it does seem like they are clearing out all of the 2017s quickly at year end based on the forums and inventory scans I did. Drove in Jax recently for the holidays in saw zero Alfas of any kind over 3 days.

Ramsey where I bought mine on Monday in NJ had a gorgeous Misano Blue 2018 with yellow calipers. Unexpectedly now my second favorite color. They had a 17 Vulcano as well that was likely to move based on a guy I saw in the showroom.

I resigned myself to the fact that I may have to travel far and compromise on the exact setup to get a 2018 quickly.

I was able to get the exact config but nearly 700 miles in one shot was tough.
Thanks for the response. I will see what options are on the Misano Blue at Ramsey.

All the best!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Great way to break her in! looks like you just avoided the snow coming to the area too so well timed :D Enjoy and keep as posted on the next few weeks...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quick question, FNM and other QV 'experts'... When I cut the wheels hard as I turn in the driveway, forward or back, I get a "Clump Clump" kind of noise and feel. I get the sense its either wheel well or maybe something on those massive brakes.

More concerned whether this is a known thing or an 'uh oh, go get that checked out'. I'll follow up regardless, but figured I'd ask.

It's the only gremlin so far on what has otherwise been a flawless first few days.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts