Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard today :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Now I am jealous! No VIN for me, but supposedly mine is in D status and will start production the week of 8/28

Reactions: inikkor

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4 to 5 months (from late June). Chat did a little digging. They showed it at port but went from saying US back to Italy. I don't expect to see it before the Augusto break. And then not before late September. No carbon brakes or seats so that may have sped things up a little. Cars will sit idle as they wait for shipping on both sides. They have to assemble enough cars to load a truck, the ship and then the trucks again. We've heard about Baltimore. I think that is part of the schedule.

Reactions: ibehardnock2001

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Good news indeed. You will not be disappointed!

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
321 Posts
congrats! i would use the albacore from the forum. for updates. i used chat o alfa website one time it told me it was waiting for a ride over the pond to the use.I checked again couple weeks and was told car was not built. today i found out that the car is in newark nj and being inspected and prepped for delivery.(my17). can't wait be I long 3 months. any body know what is the time car stays in port for inspection & prep?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it's about a month at port stateside.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Congrats! I don't even have a VON yet, I need to bug my dealer again tomorrow...

How far along does it have to be to get a VIN? Anyone know?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks MacGeek! :D

"07566144 was completed on July 21st. Assembly number 3056579, engine number 0005584."

Woo hoo! :D

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Absolutely! Now I am worried about clear wrap and tint. It's all happening too fast.;) But then it will probably take a couple months and feel like forever to get here.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh and Sal, what did you mean by Albacore? Never heard of them.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought so, thanks. But that's the same as chat on Alfa Romeo USA right?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Oh and Sal, what did you mean by Albacore? Never heard of them.
Come on John, Albacore tuna? It's quite delicious...... LOL

I can't believe you are going to get your QV before mine.....:crying: but I am happy for you!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Come on John, Albacore tuna? It's quite delicious...... LOL

I can't believe you are going to get your QV before mine.....:crying: but I am happy for you!
Awwwwe Paolo! I knew there was something about Albacore! And really, I can't imagine why my order would come in any faster than yours except for the dealership here in Boston/Norwood. David also sold two 4Cs last month.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Awwwwe Paolo! I knew there was something about Albacore! And really, I can't imagine why my order would come in any faster than yours except for the dealership here in Boston/Norwood. David also sold two 4Cs last month.
John, you are well connected! Let's call a spade a spade......:grin2:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, OK so how can I help the rest of you guys? :D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts