Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Photos look tremendous!

I do have to ask, what is the emblem on the front side quarter panels? Where did you get the spoiler? I'm assuming its a non-OEM part?

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Photos look tremendous!

I do have to ask, what is the emblem on the front side quarter panels? Where did you get the spoiler? I'm assuming its a non-OEM part?
Thank you! I am attaching a picture of the emblem. I got it from Madness, a little pricey at $80.00. I like it on dark colored Giulias and black At the time, it took 2 and a half months to have it shipped to me. I wanted to incorporate the Italian colors while being subtle about it which is why I chose this specific emblem.

The spoiler was purchased from SDCarbonfiber and Ebay vendor but the spoiler was customized with a pinstripe and it does not come that way.

I second that.. looks great :D
Thank you!! :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Also to add, after seeing your photos the black on red combo now has become a potential colour scheme option....lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
Also to add, after seeing your photos the black on red combo now has become a potential colour scheme option....lol
Black color for car in Florida is bold move :)
Tricoat white with red interior also super cool so is Montecarlo blue (I believe)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those are classy. The shape design is copied from the C-class - "Blue/Hybrid" emblem. The emblem sits a bit lower on the side fender on the C-Class - look for photos for comparison.

Due to the shape, font and the use of the Alfa circular badge in your emblem, you have to place it completely straight. So you will have very limited choices on the side fender unless you go lower. I would not recommend placing it higher as it would look out of place. The lines of the Giulia slope downwards which is another reason why I chose my emblem because of its parallelogram design allowed me to place it on a subtle slant with the acute angle facing forward meeting the line of the Giulia like an arrow head.

If you like the emblem a lot, you can also place it on bottom of the door where it meets the front fender line. Not the bottom of the fender itself because it has a slope and your emblem will be angled facing the rear because of it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was debating on:
comp. rosso red with red interior (can you get red/red?)
Montecarlo blue with red
I had a white car in the past (grand prix GTP ) that looked great in white.....
currently drive a black car (pros and cons)

I find its easier to pick a QV in any colour but in a base or Ti range is harder to put a sticker on it.

Superukr what dealership did you buy yours from?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was debating on:
Montecarlo blue with red

I find its easier to pick a QV in any colour but in a base or Ti range is harder to put a sticker on it.

Of course its a matter of opinion and everyone has one. But if I considered the red, it would be with the dark tan interior and yellow calipers. A baby Ferrari. With Blue I can go with both red and dark tan interior red or yellow calipers. White - only with the red interior second option black - red or yellow calipers interchangeably. The grey metallics can go with all the colors. Can't go wrong. I've seen the Vulcano black with the dark tan and yellow calipers option and it looks quite nice also.

Its easier to option a Q vs a TI because there are so many more options and color combinations on the TI than on the Q. You will be second guessing yourself until you finally get the keys to your car and then you have no choice but to drive off with it. :grin2:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I was debating on:
Montecarlo blue with red

Red on red is my current color combo. Pretty happy with my choice, Alfa designed to be hot in red and other colors just optional :)
Base models have very limited color choices.
Ti got bunch of tricoat options which are superb.
Problem with white is constant fight with brake rust sticking to the sides of the car which look super ugly and annoying. Black is hard to maintain clean. So blue and red are most practical choices :) But Alfa red is soooo good, most ppl say it is Ferrari type of red :)
I used Maranello AR, which pretty good place overall, Anthony is very pleasant to deal with. Dont see any discounts on 2017's in Toronto/London but Windsor dealer already giving away 2017's with 3-6k discounts.
Most stock cars have lots of useless options and it is impossible to find say Ti with sport package in nice color combo or Ti with 19 inch sport package. BTW these 2 packages are super confusing. Sport package has limited slip but 19 inch one says nothing.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Two options

TI:in
Pirelli All season RF perfomance tires P225/40R/19 square setup - 8 inch wide rims on four corners.
Pirelli Three-season performance tires P225/40zR/19 (front) and P255/35ZR/19 (rear) for the staggered setup. - 8 inch wide rims on the front and 9 inch wide rims on the rear.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hmm, here in Sweden we get 235/40/19 in front and 255/35/19 at the rear.
I think we have 8" and 9" wide rims...not 100% sure of that, I haven't received mine yet. :)

But mine will also be red/black as Yours, but kind of inverted, with the red paint and black leather interior.
And we only have the AWD option in Sweden for the Giulia Veloce, as the 280 HP version is called here in Europe.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's cool! I prefer wider tires. Seems you have the staggered setup as 255s will be too wide for an 8 inch rim. The only thing I hate about the rear of the car is the fact that is has those skinny 225 tires!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, that's why I asked, I have seen quite a few photos from US on Giulia Ti's and that was my reflection also, that the tires look a bit 'skinny'.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts