Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I've had my QV for 3 months so far and love the car. I've got a fully optioned 2018 so I already have the CCM brakes and the carbon fiber seats. All I've done to it so far is install ST lowering springs. I'm thinking of putting an alfaline centerline x pipe in it as well.

Any other MUST HAVE mods you guys can think of? I would love to do something with the shifter and the plastic around the shifter, but can't seem to find much online. I LOVE what they did with the 2020's with the shifter area, but sadly I don't think that's swappable? Confirm if I'm wrong.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm selling fabspeed downpipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Vendor
2,277 Posts
There are many. Our exhaust controller or performance logger. Supersprint downpipes or high flow cats with exhaust (X pipe located in rear muffler). Tune? Or wait? Piggyback? The Jb4 we offer is a nice upgrade for extra Hp, like you need it. haha.

BMC air filter
Start/stop deactivator

I do not think the 2020 shifters are swapable.

There are a few suggestions all available from me.

·
Registered
327 Posts
X-Pipe is a must, or go to Full Centerline Exhaust. I've had both and love the full exhaust. for the shifter, here's what i used from Eurocomulsion.
The CF trim is a huge upgrade in look and feel. I will warn you though, it's a bit tricky to get on. I had to "jimmy" both of mine (file down a side, etc) to make it fit.
I had one in the Q4, then got another one for the QV.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Almost forgot - also did the Sprint Filter from Eurocompulsion as well, and it really makes the sound of the exhaust deeper. This Spring, I purchased (from Eric Urness @Ideal Race), their CF Intakes.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Almost forgot - also did the Sprint Filter from Eurocompulsion as well, and it really makes the sound of the exhaust deeper. This Spring, I purchased (from Eric Urness @Ideal Race), their CF Intakes.
how do you like the intakes? Any difference in times , temps + power over stock?

·
Registered
348 Posts
2020 CF steering wheel
SGW bypass with patch harness extension cables

·
Registered
833 Posts
This is what I have on mine:

Madness Max Power Pro (so I can quickly remove it for any dealer visits)
BMC air filter
Always open race flaps
Upgraded floor mats (I went with Coco mats)
Some CF pieces (I did the Alfa triangle, and around the shifter see below)

Not installed yet I have the GFB recirculating valves.

Also, get the Multi ECU scan software and a good set of cables.

·
Registered
327 Posts
how do you like the intakes? Any difference in times , temps + power over stock?
I feel the intakes add a bit of power at the top end of the rev range, but to really make the most of it, Eric mentioned i'd need a tune which he sells. Temps wise, I wouldn't know, but it's not a true cold air intake which is sealed off... Eric said the benefits come from opening up the area for larger volume of airflow, combined with much smoother flow. I know he is an engineer with APR Tuning so I trust his work/advice.

I don't want to do a tune though as it requires pulling out the ECUs and I don't want to mess with the warranty yet. I'm not interested in a piggyback tune. I feel with the exhaust and intake mods, she's definitely more powerful than stock, but again I upgraded in pieces (X-Pipe w/Sprint Filter, then Exhaust, then CF Intakes) so I didn't feel a drastic change. I took another QV owner for a ride with me as he was considering the full Centerline exhaust and he also mentioned the car felt more powerful than his but again he was a passenger so not sure. I have not taken her to a dyno, but I hear that's a tricky thing as well and there are a limited number of Dynos that can accurately work for our cars anyway...

I keep forgetting things - I also had the Forza Controller installed which is awesome - this is connected to my garage door opener so nothing is separate - great to have Race mode valves open in any mode, especially when it gets cold out there.

The best thing for me would probably a performance driving course next as our cars are perfect out of the box anyway with more than enough power. I may do ST Springs w/spacers next as I've heard great things about them working with our stock setup.

·
Vendor
2,277 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
This is what I have on mine:

Madness Max Power Pro (so I can quickly remove it for any dealer visits)
BMC air filter
Always open race flaps
Upgraded floor mats (I went with Coco mats)
Some CF pieces (I did the Alfa triangle, and around the shifter see below)

Not installed yet I have the GFB recirculating valves.

Also, get the Multi ECU scan software and a good set of cables.

View attachment 103075
Your floor mats look nice! Where did you get them?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I feel the intakes add a bit of power at the top end of the rev range, but to really make the most of it, Eric mentioned i'd need a tune which he sells. Temps wise, I wouldn't know, but it's not a true cold air intake which is sealed off... Eric said the benefits come from opening up the area for larger volume of airflow, combined with much smoother flow. I know he is an engineer with APR Tuning so I trust his work/advice.

I don't want to do a tune though as it requires pulling out the ECUs and I don't want to mess with the warranty yet. I'm not interested in a piggyback tune. I feel with the exhaust and intake mods, she's definitely more powerful than stock, but again I upgraded in pieces (X-Pipe w/Sprint Filter, then Exhaust, then CF Intakes) so I didn't feel a drastic change. I took another QV owner for a ride with me as he was considering the full Centerline exhaust and he also mentioned the car felt more powerful than his but again he was a passenger so not sure. I have not taken her to a dyno, but I hear that's a tricky thing as well and there are a limited number of Dynos that can accurately work for our cars anyway...

I keep forgetting things - I also had the Forza Controller installed which is awesome - this is connected to my garage door opener so nothing is separate - great to have Race mode valves open in any mode, especially when it gets cold out there.

The best thing for me would probably a performance driving course next as our cars are perfect out of the box anyway with more than enough power. I may do ST Springs w/spacers next as I've heard great things about them working with our stock setup.
Eric knows his stuff and makes great quality proven products. Definitely one of the best in business when it comes to the Alfa. He’ Top notch. I guess my question is why upgrade intakes without a tune? You’re Barely gonna notice a difference. Also if you are worried about warranty you might want to re-think adding aftermarket intakes, exhaust, spacers, and lowering springs lol. I think You are already past the point of no return my friend. I would recommend a tune to take advantage of the hard work you have already put in. Treat the car. Let it eat a little.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Eric knows his stuff and makes great quality proven products. Definitely one of the best in business when it comes to the Alfa. He’ Top notch. I guess my question is why upgrade intakes without a tune? You’re Barely gonna notice a difference. Also if you are worried about warranty you might want to re-think adding aftermarket intakes, exhaust, spacers, and lowering springs lol. I think You are already past the point of no return my friend. I would recommend a tune to take advantage of the hard work you have already put in. Treat the car. Let it eat a little.
I know I agree I've already gone down that road but just don't want to really mess with the engine tuning itself yet. My thoughts on the intake were that I've already opened up the rear flow with a better exhaust, why not let her breathe better by opening up her lungs.

I may do the tune at a later date, just not ready yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Do you have a link for the intake? I’m starting to make a list for mine...

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
@maddmike I have the same COCO mats in mine, they are really great quality, worth the $$$
Those are the extent of the mods....LOL
oh wait plus the Centerline Stradale exhaust. :p I like the car with 505hp. Could the internals handle more boost/power? I firmly believe they could, but the car as it sits just works well. not sure how banging up the ponies would effect the brakes/suspension set-up.
So I'm good.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts