Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
MES still says invalid ECU ISO code. I had hoped that installing version 4.6 would clear that message but such is not the case. Maybe next revision? Since the car is 2018 I thought it was old enough to have the code recognized but I guess not. I don't remember seeing this message before the W05 reprogram but I don't see how that would affect the ISO code so it has to be my memory failing.
You can connect to the module which gives invalid ISO code, disconnect from it and send report (red button) - that way developers should get this ISO and maybe will add with next update.
There are still plenty not supported ISO codes to be added.
Also after update you can have invalid ISO code on module which was fine before - most likely due to new software loaded. Have seen that myself on couple cars.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You can connect to the module which gives invalid ISO code, disconnect from it and send report (red button) - that way developers should get this ISO and maybe will add with next update.
There are still plenty not supported ISO codes to be added.
Also after update you can have invalid ISO code on module which was fine before - most likely due to new software loaded. Have seen that myself on couple cars.
Thanks for the advice. I meant to send a report but forgot to do it - will do next time I connect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Folks,

New to the Alfa world from the VW world and VAG COM adaptations. Is there a list of the features and functions that can adapted/change/enabled/disabled via the Multiscan? Would be interested to see what my "customization" options are before I buy the cable and software.

Thanks in advance!

Rick

·
Registered
175 Posts
I believe the Multiecuscan.com website shows you what the possibilities are.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
There is apparently a new version 4.7 of MES, with a lot of added functionalities for giulia/stelvio...... :

20/11/2020 - Multiecuscan 4.7 Download
- Added information for more ISO codes from 2012-2020 vehicles
  • Fixed PROXI alignment problem with DSCM and TBM modules on Stelvio/Giulia
  • Fixed PROXI alignment problem with 1.0/2.4 engine modules on 500x/Renegade/Cherokee/Compass
  • Added new PROXI configuration options
  • Improved SCAN function to scan much faster the CAN-only vehicles
  • Added VIN and HW/SW numbers to SCAN results
  • Support for Radio frequency hub (RFHUB) Continental (Giulia, Stelvio)
  • Support for Comfort rear seat (CRSM) Bitron (Giulia, Stelvio)
  • Support for Active aerodynamic module LEFT (AAML) (Giulia, Stelvio)
  • Support for Active aerodynamic module RIGHT (AAMR) (Giulia, Stelvio)
  • Support for Power liftgate (PLGM) BROSE (Stelvio)
  • Support for Radio frequency hub (RFHUB) Continental (500X, Renegade, Toro)
  • Support for Radio frequency hub without keyless (RFHUB) Continental (500X, Renegade, Toro)
  • Support for Haptical lane feedback (HALF) camera Bosch (500X, Renegade, Toro)
  • Support for Driver assistant system (DASM) radar Bosch (500X, Renegade)
  • Support for Radio frequency hub (RFHUB) Continental (Compass)
  • Support for Blind Spot Sensor Autoliv (Left) (Compass)
  • Support for Blind Spot Sensor Autoliv (Right) (Compass)
  • Support for Marelli SELESPEED CFC419F Automatic Gearbox (Uno 2015, Mobi)
  • Support for Marelli SELESPEED CFC428F Automatic Gearbox (Uno 2015)
  • Support for Parking control Bosch (Uno 2015, Mobi)
  • Support for Body Computer Continental (327) (Uno 2015)
  • Support for Body Computer Continental (341) (Uno 2015, Mobi)
  • Support for Driver assistant system (DASM) radar Bosch (Tipo, Egea)
  • Support for TRW Airbag (Uno 2015, Mobi)

·
Premium Member
2018 Giulia QF
259 Posts
I was playing around with this last night and this morning trying to get the active aerodynamic module functions working. The right seems to have capability to lower the splitter by activating both motors (at least I assume it's there to lower the splitter) but it errored out each time saying MES could not communicate with the module. I tried other modules requiring the blue cable and they worked as expected. I posted on the MES forum about it and also sent them my error log. I haven't played around with the other new features but per the Facebook group it looks like there is functionality to program keys as well as add the ability to lower the widows with key fob.

Any other QV owners play around with the active aerodynamic module functions?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
..... I haven't played around with other with the other new features but per the Facebook group it looks like there is functionality to program keys as well as add the ability to lower the widows with key fob.
Yes, as well as f.i. setting the values for the tire pressure measurement.....
re programming keys, this does (as in other Alfa models) require the electronic keycode, which you don't have as standard... :(

·
Registered
507 Posts
...looks like there is functionality to program keys as well as add the ability to lower the widows with key fob.
To program keys you need two things. Firstly you need PIN code which I doubt Alfa will provide, secondly key must be new or virginized - you can't just simply take and program used key.

As for the comfort window closing/opening from key fob it's more relevant to NAFTA cars as EMEA has it by default on but it doesn't work on all NAFTA cars. Have't figured out exactly why but my guess is some BCM software versions don't support it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Giulia QF
259 Posts
To program keys you need two things. Firstly you need PIN code which I doubt Alfa will provide, secondly key must be new or virginized - you can't just simply take and program used key.

As for the comfort window closing/opening from key fob it's more relevant to NAFTA cars as EMEA has it by default on but it doesn't work on all NAFTA cars. Have't figured out exactly why but my guess is some BCM software versions don't support it.
I haven't personally looked into what it would take to program a key. I have little to no interest in it so thanks for sharing the official requirements for others who wish to take the journey.

Other than the stuff I could already do with MES my main interest with the upgrade is figuring out the active aerodynamics functionality. It's great they packed it with loads of new stuff though.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
@dantegl36 , I emailed MES support and Yani gave me a link for R1 of 4.7. I can connect to Active aero modules now since installing the R1 update. I lowered the splitter using the option in the 2nd module. To raise it back up, you need to run the calibration option below the lower option, I did that with engine running as it asks for voltage to be greater than 12V. Just follow the instructions in the notes. If you dont run the calibration, aero stays stuck down even if you go for a drive in Dynamic or Race modes. You will also have an Active aero warning on the drivers cluster. All ok now and splitter is back up.

Here is the link for the update.

Reactions: jwq2 and dantegl36

·
Premium Member
2018 Giulia QF
259 Posts
@dantegl36 , I emailed MES support and Yani gave me a link for R1 of 4.7. I can connect to Active aero modules now since installing the R1 update. I lowered the splitter using the option in the 2nd module. To raise it back up, you need to run the calibration option below the lower option, I did that with engine running as it asks for voltage to be greater than 12V. Just follow the instructions in the notes. If you dont run the calibration, aero stays stuck down even if you go for a drive in Dynamic or Race modes. You will also have an Active aero warning on the drivers cluster. All ok now and splitter is back up.

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Just installed. I'll play around with it over the weekend and will report back.

·
Registered
92 Posts

Ive had intermittent splitter issues where it would stick halfway up when decreasing speed. The dealer couldn't find a problem of course. I downloaded r1 and cleared the splitter errors, ran through the procedure and we'll see if the calibration helps. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am trying to install race mode for the rdna switch on my 2017 ti sport. I have purchased the required adapters, obd interface, and a registered version of MES. The interface I purchase is obd protect. However I have no idea what drivers in need to install on my pc. The product came with no instructions of any kind. I ordered from alfissimo. Does anyone know what drivers I need to install and how. I’m not really good with computers. Thankyou!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,411 Posts
I am trying to install race mode for the rdna switch on my 2017 ti sport. I have purchased the required adapters, obd interface, and a registered version of MES. The interface I purchase is obd protect. However I have no idea what drivers in need to install on my pc. The product came with no instructions of any kind. I ordered from alfissimo. Does anyone know what drivers I need to install and how. I’m not really good with computers. Thankyou!
Shouldn't need any drivers that aren't automatically downloaded, if I remember correctly. Look through the MES manual for COM port settings. Multiecuscan - Diagnostics software for Italian cars (link at top)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I will take a look and try that tonight. However my computer says under device settings “drivers unavailable.” When I try the connect the interface to the car it doesn’t recognize that it is plugged in. I set up the settings the same way the product description says to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Shouldn't need any drivers that aren't automatically downloaded, if I remember correctly. Look through the MES manual for COM port settings. Multiecuscan - Diagnostics software for Italian cars (link at top)
I will take a look and try that tonight. However my computer says under device settings “drivers unavailable.” When I try the connect the interface to the car it doesn’t recognize that it is plugged in. I set up the settings the same way the product description says to.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
You don't even need the car for that.... If you connect the interface to the PC, in MES you can go to F9: settings and try to scan for interfaces and run a test

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts

I figured out the whole interface problem. I had to reset my computers devices and now it works. However, now when I do my proxy alignment procedure, it fails my drive train control node and brake system node.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts