Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I believe the SGW blocks all diagnostic commands, and the oil reset would be one of those.

I do recall recently someone posting in this site a reset procedure that involved depressing the brake pedal and ignition switch in some order/time. Don't think anyone has confirmed if it worked or not.
Yes, I saw that also. There are a couple variations of the method but none of them have been verified and attempts at replicating the "procedure" haven't been successful.

If SGW gets in the way of MES I will be very disappointed. I have a few e-mails out to other OBD2 diagnostic/reset tools and none of them work to reset these lights.
It's well documented that the SGW does get in the way of MES, both on MES site and in the application itself.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just out of curiosity, can a dealer see things you have done with mes? Like run a proxi alignment? Reset the service?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Only by logical inference.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It's well documented that the SGW does get in the way of MES, both on MES site and in the application itself.
I've seen some users on here experience issues, but it wasn't until this past week that I noticed the warning on the MES site. I think I clearly just didn't pay enough attention on their site and I didn't need to make a purchase up until now.

Thank you for the clarification.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
SGW bypass modules exist and it is apparently possible to wire up a second OBDII port on the non SGW side of the CANBUS. No reports of success or failure with either approach on the forums yet.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,411 Posts
I'm curious to learn more about the success of these SGW defeat adapters. Bumping this up to see if anyone bites.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Finally got the cables from UK.
1st thing i did was initiate roll bench dyno mode, i wonder why it says not to drive the car with it enabled?? Safety reasons or its not good for the car?
2nd thing i tried, marker lights put it on euro spec, which i thought should disable them, but it didnt so im little bit confused

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
1st thing i did was initiate roll bench dyno mode, i wonder why it says not to drive the car with it enabled?? ....
Probably because it basically disables all the safety aids, including things like ABS, electronic park brake, hill holder, steering torque, auto high beam, FCW, electronic dampers etc.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hi all,

The MultiECUscan topics are distributed into a number of threads, and I’m interested in seeing if the Forum users would start one that stands on its’ own. Flame me if this is redundant, and Mods feel free to aggregate this into the appropriate thread if one already exists.

I have the REGISTERED version, with 2 Bluetooth and one 327 ELM USB that all seem to work identically, pull data, work with C5 and C6 cable types, etc.

I’m having this issue, which I posted on the forum for MultiECUscan:

http://forum.multiecuscan.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6358#p20301

I’ll recap in the next post...
Were you able to ever solve this? I'm getting the same error. MY2018 with build date of 07/2017. I was able to install EC tune with no SWG and can trigger a few things with MES. Just not accepting cable 5 and 6.

@Dorifto any luck?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Were you able to ever solve this? I'm getting the same error. MY2018 with build date of 07/2017. I was able to install EC tune with no SWG and can trigger a few things with MES. Just not accepting cable 5 and 6.

@Dorifto any luck?
Yeah, i have disabled the marker lights, looks soo much better!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,411 Posts
Anyone know the difference between the EURO / USA lights setting? Sorry I don't remember what it was called in MES, but I tihnk it changes the behavior of the brake / tail lights.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Yeah, i have disabled the marker lights, looks soo much better!
Something to know for US spec with adaptive lights option, this will not work and will throw a warning. For those that don't have the option and want to enable it... Go to System > Body > Proxi, it's an option half way down the page "Side lights". Select it, execute and change to "Europe". Then run a proxi and you're all set. To revert it, just run through the same options and select "US" instead of "Europe". Great mod as long as you don't have the adaptive lights option.

·
Registered
QV 2.9
58 Posts
Hello,

I have Giulia QV 2017 model.

i have problem with my Multiecuscan 4.5. I have bought original ELM327 cable with blue grey adapters. I have done seatbelts deactivation, i have done proxy aligment, i have done logistic mode, service reset at oil and filter change... etc. Worked like charm.

But only when i connect to Gearbox modules:
ZF 8HP50/75 Automatic Gearbox
ZF Electronic Gear Shift Module

I will always get error ELM327->ECU connection failed - timeout. Cannot do any adjustments there.

Does anybody have experience with this issue and how to resolve it? Should i do something about cam speed or so? I tried to test connect with lower or higher speed than 38400 but none others worked.

Looking forward to your advice,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all...I was wondering if Multiecuscan can be used to turn off the turn signal solinoid. The darn thing is so loud it actually deters me from turning my signals on. Can the volume be turned down or off at all? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Hey all...I was wondering if Multiecuscan can be used to turn off the turn signal solinoid. The darn thing is so loud it actually deters me from turning my signals on. Can the volume be turned down or off at all? Thanks.
no

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't find the the turn signal loud on my car at all, it is actually more on the quiet side. In the infotainment I did set the warning noise level low but I do not know if that is controlling the turn signal volume or if there are any settings in Multiecuscan for turn signal sound level.

·
Registered
174 Posts
MES still says invalid ECU ISO code. I had hoped that installing version 4.6 would clear that message but such is not the case. Maybe next revision? Since the car is 2018 I thought it was old enough to have the code recognized but I guess not. I don't remember seeing this message before the W05 reprogram but I don't see how that would affect the ISO code so it has to be my memory failing.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts